PDA

View Full Version : Episode 4 monster tactics

Absol197
Jun 15, 2007, 07:29 PM
Hey all. I'm currently attempting to recreate the world of PSO for D&D (Dungeons and Dragons), and want to include the creatures from the Ep. 4 levels. The problem, however, is that I don't have Ep. 4.

So, I was wondering if the great ones here at PSO World might help me along by telling me the various attack and defense forms of the creatures (including bosses) in said episode (not the stats, I can find those in the beastiary, I mean stuff like "It attacks with its claws like a booma does", "it casts foie" and so forth).

The more specific the better, but any help you could give me would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Absol197 on 2007-06-15 18:57 ]</font>

Sir_Gusher
Jun 15, 2007, 07:35 PM
Wow sounds umm interesting I can't really help much. Try looking at the sites beastiary they might have something you could use.

Absol197
Jun 15, 2007, 09:00 PM
That's not very helpful. If you had bothered to read my original post, you would have seen that I already mentioned PSO World's beastiary. It gives only the statistics of the creatures (ATP, DFP, and so forth), but there is no article that describes the attacks, techniques, and other such abilities of the Episode 4 creatures.

Saffran
Jun 16, 2007, 08:48 AM
Rappies are the same as always.
Buuta: think Booma.
Purple Buuta (Ze Buuta) : has a bull rush attack (runs straight forward, stops if it hits something or if he ran a long distance). On N-VH, you can stop him in midrush with an attack (he will shook his head) on Ult he is unfazed.
Green Buuta (Ba Buuta): Uses Foie at mid-range. Maybe the most annoying ennemies in Ultimate, as they WILL use Foie as soon and as often as possible.
Astark: Just like a Hildebear, except completely different http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Can detect you from quite a distance in Ult. Use Shifta, spit poison. Can do a 5 combo attack, a lot faster than their regular attack. This one is deadly if you're cornered.
Zu: annoying. Has a dive attack and a laser attack, as well as a Multi-Foie attack. You need to be near under it for the beast to get lower and start the multifoie attack (which can, at close range, multiconnect. 4x foie, used 3 times in a row for Zu, 5 times in a row for rare ennemy Pazuzu) Fly rather fast, dive rather fast, can detect you from handgun range only. Immune to freeze and paralyse.
Lizards (including Yowie): immune to projectiles. Slicers, guns etc are useless if you shoot them on the front. Their backs are vulnerable though. They vomit over you for a fixed damage. They turn invisible if you shoot at them, making them untargettable until they are close to you and turn visible to attack. They advance very slowly though.
Dorphons: Just like a huge delbiter, except a lot slower to react. Their rare countrerpart doesn't shoot a beam of light, it uses Grants instead. Crapload of HP. Immune to Freeze.
Goran: warps a few feet towards you if you hit it from afar. Can hit you from a small distance. Can warp back to the side after a hit, if you are not exactly in front of him.
Pyrogoran: warp quite a distance towards you if you hit them from afar. Basically, if you hit a Pyrogoran with a mechgun, he will warp behind you unless you're back to a wall or something, and we will pwn you. Can hit from Diska distance (the arms stretch).
Goran Detonator: detects you from rifle range, can hit you from handgun range, warps between almost every attack. Add in their impossible defence and very high ATP and you have a bugger that you will learn to hate. Their drops also have crappy droprates, to boot.
Melissa A: hop towards you then either attack for damage, attack for freeze, use Gibarta, jump over you (immune to attacks during this) or body slam on you. The body slam will always hit. If gifoie connects as they appear on screen, the program will bug and they won't be targetable anymore. In such a case, use Fire Traps or Gifoie. Their rare counterparts don't do anything fancy as far as I know.
Girtablulu: Immune to Freeze. Will suck you in so that you get into reach of its claws. You can target the claws, but they are extremely resistant. Changes between Fire attack, Ice attack and Lightning attack (ice attack can freeze you, Lightning attack can shock you). Packs quite a punch, attacks as fast as Hu with a saber and a Heavenly battle in Ult. If you hit it, it will show some recoil (like the Mericarol). If you get really close to it, and if you're lucky, the head will spit a magic spell at you (Foie, Gibarta or Zonde) but that allows you to hit it's head, which is very weak compared to the rest of its body. Has more HP than some bosses if I'm not mistaken, but well, it's not immune to Demon so I guess it's fair.
The Wine Serpents: Will run away if you don't hit them for 10 minutes straight (unverified, but many ppl told me this). Move underground in circles, will adjust the radius to you position so you have to be on the move. Their darvant like sensors can use Rabarta, well, at least the vulnerable ones. If you fail to break all 4 crystals during the time the serpent is vulnerable, it will slam his body around in one sweep motion for lots of damage. On the second part, it can fire missiles (up to 8 which of course multihit during a photon blast) or a beam attack from it's moul (there's a safe spot though) which cannot go through rocks, so you might hide somewhere to avoid them. It can generate a tornado attack and use Heaven Punisher as well. The green glowing rock in the middle of the arena can absorb the missiles it fires though, so you can hide behind it to avoid most of the attacks. All 3 serpents aren't very different, but Condrieu's DFP seems quite high whereas Chambertain packs quite a punch.

Absol197
Jun 16, 2007, 02:10 PM
Wow. Thank you very, very much!