PDA

View Full Version : *=-IS IT EVEN FUN PLAYIN' ANYMORE?-=*

JohnnyStealz
Feb 26, 2001, 07:52 PM
When I first got this game after reading the reviews, it was everything I was really lookin' for. The Offline mode was ok but, their main course which was the online mode really got me. I loved being able to play with others and so forth. But now its like everywhere you look they are talking about cheaters and codes. The money code, Game Shark Codes, and just now I was reading somethin' bout item duplicatin'. So I mean with all of those out there is it even worth it? I use to love comin' back from school and havin some time on my hands so I'd go play some PSO and chat wit the people I see at my usual hang-outs.(Usually Puck blk:1, JohnnyStealz) But now I have to convince myself that there is still a very good reason for playin. Its just that I haven't figured that out yet. So can anyone tell me what that reason is so I can start playin vigorously again. Also has anyone heard of them comin' out with PSO2 sometime at the end of this year? Thanx

DCKaz
Feb 26, 2001, 08:01 PM
Just find a core group of people (pso world peeps, others) that don't cheat and get guild cards. I still have a lot of fun with it - the cheats are a shame, but let them ruin their own games. Play with non-cheater non-stealer (odd name you have btw lol) types and it's still the game that has me hooked.

cheers,
DCKaz
Terra Prime 48 FOmarl

hollowtip
Feb 26, 2001, 08:11 PM
what he said. yep I got 2 of my friends to buy the game and I just play with them. I don't see why people take all that time to ruin other people's fun.

Zephyr
Feb 26, 2001, 08:18 PM
From what you've said in your post, the thing you love most about PSO is logging in and hanging out with friends. If that is the aspect of the game you enjoy, cheaters don't really impact on that.

The main type of player who cheaters impact are those who put a lot of time and effort into their character and rares mainly for the purpose of showing off and being the best (I'm not saying this is necessarily a bad thing, or that there isn't a little of this in all of us http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif)... that sort of player hates the way cheaters can match their achievements without the effort.

But anyway, my point is, since your mainly a member of the former group who plays to socialize, just ignore the cheaters and have fun.

Ambrai
Feb 26, 2001, 08:44 PM
I have seen only one duper in my time so far (80 hours) and no theives. But then again, I only hang on puck-9 which is PSO World territory =)