PDA

View Full Version : Section Id calcuater bug

Rickabu
Jun 19, 2007, 04:30 PM
The section id calculater is having major bugs. No matter what you type in it always gives pinkal. Anyone lese who has this same problem can you please post but I really need this to be fixed ty.

Ryna
Jun 19, 2007, 04:55 PM
Do you have javascript enabled?

Jaspaller
Jun 19, 2007, 05:07 PM
Well I just tried it right now using my IE7.0 work computer. It looks like it might be broken. The box for calculating old ID's was checked, but it was giving results as if I never checked it.

Might be just I.E. but I thought I should add on to it here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaspaller on 2007-06-19 15:10 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Jun 20, 2007, 07:15 AM
Indeed, it refuses to work for Firefox or IE7 for me as well. Maybe the new Blue-Steel functionality messed with it?

Ryna
Jun 20, 2007, 08:13 AM
That particular calculator was programmed by a contributor and has always had a couple of bugs. I'll take a look at the javascript tonight to see what is going on. For now, use this calculator if you want to check on the Section ID for a Gamecube/XBox/Dreamcast name:

http://www.pso-world.com/secid.php

Ryna
Jun 20, 2007, 09:01 PM
With the assistance of Mr. Fox Prower, the Section ID calculator has been fixed and should be working correctly now.

DikkyRay
Jun 22, 2007, 02:33 PM
You know the button that lets you make a section id for a version other than PSOBB? It isnt working. Took me a long time to figure out the id's i wanted cause of it.
Luckily, the ep3 calculator does work. I can suggest remove the button and make a comment to use the ep3 calculator if you want to do it for an older version.

Ryna
Jun 22, 2007, 04:26 PM
I made some tweaks to the script and it the "Old" option should work as intended on most browsers now.