PDA

View Full Version : Monster Hunter Frontier (MORPG)

ChronoTrigga
Jun 20, 2007, 02:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdXJUuHcFUY

Discuss, and possibly become as ancy as myself to see if this coming stateside.

Oh and this isn't one of those point and click online RPGs, it's a full action RPG, online, much like PSO and Phantasy Star Universe.

DurakkenX
Jun 20, 2007, 02:42 PM
i'll prolly get it when it comes state side, if it does... I was gonna get the original monster hunter, but i learned of it too late and decided not to get it cuz the online part would be dead by the time i got it ^.^

btw...how is monster hunter portable?

Sord
Jun 20, 2007, 02:53 PM
my friend has the first one on PS2, it's pretty realistic. You actually have to hunt down monsters and take their bones/hide/scales/ whatever to make your weapons. The downside is it's random what you carve from them, so you may have to do a quest several times to get an item, or multiples of an item.

The battle system is kinda like PSO, just time your button pressing right. Also, Monster Hunter is very hard in it's later levels, and you will find yourself haveing to strategize and collect resources to make certain types of bombs and traps. It's not for the lax RPGer at all I'd say.

ChronoTrigga
Jun 20, 2007, 03:46 PM
The mud traps in the game look sweet. Giant monster sinkholes. >.< I'm excited.

Jaysky
Jun 20, 2007, 06:46 PM
I never heard of this game before, but now that I have I think i'm in love with it just as I was with PSO, the difference is that I actually got to play PSO...

AC9breaker
Jun 20, 2007, 09:03 PM
Nah, monster Hunter is totally chilled at the later levels. It just sucks that we never got part 2 and I'm pretty sure we won't be getting this. This game was Mega hella Fun.