PDA

View Full Version : Voice chat on GC PSO????!!!!??!!?!

isamu2k3
Dec 17, 2002, 01:59 PM
Ok sounds kool right.....

i know ur tired of mashin buttons to spout out a "hello" or "dam i need some trifluids brb"

well i have a way to voice communicate on PSO GC!
Tested and proven to work!!!
Here is a list of things u must have to get this to work.
First of all:
1. Must own xbox and GCN.....(u knew that was comming) lol
2. TV w/multiple video selections (ie:video1, video2 etc.)
3. Means of splitting a BB connection from xbox to GCN(ie:router or hub)....or if ur using d/u on GC then dont worry about it.
4.Own Xbox live
5. Demo disc of xbox live. (included w/live starter kit)
6. Other ppl with this setup...lol
.......................thats pretty much it!

To execute:
1. Blaze up moto gp on xbox live and open a private room.(video1)
2. make sure u have met up w/ppl that have this set up and they are on your xbox friends list or pso guild card.
3. Friends join your private room from your invites to em.
4. Switch Video to Video2. (where ur GCN is connected)
5. Start up PSO ep1&2.
6. Meet w/ur friends w/setup at ur fav ship and block
7. Enjoy hands free chattion via voice chat from non other than xbox live!!!!!!!

.....ok sumone else might have done this already besides me and my buds but i seem to be the only one to bring it up on the forums....and to my knowlege i feel that me and my buds invented this...lol

I want to start a list of PPl w/this same setup to where this could work so that as many ppl as possible w/o KB can converse once more on the greatest game ever PSO!!!
SO put ur names down now if ur tired of controller chat and want to be chattin like a demon!!

List PSO name and xbox live gamertag!

I'll start:
Pso Name Live Gamertag
Morrigan isamuv2k2

Hope to talk to you all soon!!!!
Peece

ChokingVictim
Dec 17, 2002, 02:04 PM
how gloriously complicated

Vitamin_D
Dec 17, 2002, 02:05 PM
O_O...that's pretty interesting. I don't actually own an X Box, but my brother does and he has live. So when he comes I'll look into trying this.

isamu2k3
Dec 17, 2002, 02:05 PM
.........but it works!
who said ne thing on pso was EZ? lolol

Jason
Dec 17, 2002, 02:06 PM
I'm never getting an X-Box and I'm too stupid to understand how to do this shit.

Kayumi
Dec 17, 2002, 02:08 PM
...or you could just use AIM voicechat to do the same damn thing, without needing an Xbox and a game in common.

Still need broadband. But why complicate it that much? The only possible hindrance I can see to using AIM over the Xbox is that not everyone sets up their PC in the same room as their TV/consoles. But seriously...I've used more or less the same method to communicate on DC PSO with a friend who didn't have a DC keyboard, back when I still had DSL. We sat there and used ICQ to talk to each other, and I would be the translator if anything needed to be said to other players.

isamu2k3
Dec 17, 2002, 02:08 PM
I'll keep a list of ppl's pso names and gamertags..and if response is good enuff on this i'll post names in forum weekly

isamu2k3
Dec 17, 2002, 02:10 PM
there is another problem w/AOL voice chat...IT SUX HARD!!! Xbox voice chat is QUALITY SOUND!!! very saaaaaavy

Kayumi
Dec 17, 2002, 02:15 PM
It may "sux hard" but it's also a helluva lot more accessible to people who don't own more than one console or don't feel like shelling out the cash to get a setup like that. It still deserves mentioning as a possible alternative. Because it DOES exist. Besides, I've found no real problems with it.

isamu2k3
Dec 17, 2002, 02:18 PM
ur right it is an alternative.......

Rich_T
Dec 17, 2002, 02:27 PM
you could always exchange phone numbers

isamu2k3
Dec 17, 2002, 02:29 PM
you could always exchange phone numbers

Long distance phone charges ring a bell??

Whatley
Dec 17, 2002, 02:36 PM
So there is no way to use voice chat with the GC itself. That is what I was thinking when I read the topic of this post.

So you are not actually voice chatting on GC PSO. You are voice chatting on xbox live or on an online voice chat program.

Kayumi
Dec 17, 2002, 02:36 PM
Long distance charges would almost be cheaper for a while than getting an Xbox and Xbox live.

There's a lot of ways to communicate without needing to rely on a complicated and expensive setup like the one you've got going there, and most of them are just as effective. Most people aren't going to be willing to go through that kind of crap just to be able to chat with a very small number of other players. It's a good idea if you know exactly who you'll be playing with in advance and know that they all have the right setup, but it's honestly not that great a setup otherwise.

isamu2k3
Dec 17, 2002, 02:42 PM
alot of ppl have both GC and Xbox already....its b/c of the console war....no one knows what to buy so they buy em all...lol
but ur argument has its points....

IMO this is a pretty sweet setup....most ppl do already have the stuff to do it.....it will be the hardcore's that go out and buy xbox just for this simple fact...and that is very unlikely ne wayz....
im just tryin to help solve the kb issue that every one has been bitchin about since pso's realese.....
this thread basically pertains to the ppl that already have the setup....
i'm just bringin awareness.....lol

Eum
Dec 17, 2002, 02:51 PM
In my opinion, it's a waste of money. Especially when we're not sure when (or if) a keyboard will be released domestically. For the money spent on that setup, you could have imported the keyboard.

Wewt
Dec 17, 2002, 03:07 PM
On 2002-12-17 11:42, isamu2k3 wrote:
alot of ppl have both GC and Xbox already...
Speak for yourself.

Thanks for showing us your ideas, it's much appreciated, but I do think it's a little ridiculous. Voice chat via AIM isn't that bad, not that bad at all. As long as the you have a decent sound setup, and a decent mic, it's perfectly fine.

The only disadvantage AIM has is that you can't do conferencing.

Spy
Dec 17, 2002, 03:25 PM
On 2002-12-17 11:51, Vocal wrote:
For the money spent on that setup, you could have imported the keyboard.

Amen.

Phobos-X
Dec 17, 2002, 03:33 PM
i own the GC, PSO, XBOX, and XBL and theres no way in HELL im goin thru all of that. Why not just invite a friend(s) over and use a router if you both have a BBA???

Spy
Dec 17, 2002, 03:39 PM
On 2002-12-17 12:33, Phobos-X wrote:
i own the GC, PSO, XBOX, and XBL and theres no way in HELL im goin thru all of that. Why not just invite a friend(s) over and use a router if you both have a BBA???

Because that would be too easy.

Kayumi
Dec 17, 2002, 03:56 PM
A lot of people have both? Er. Not that many, statistically. It's expensive. Most of the people I know still choose one console and stick with that. The instances of owning multiple systems are certainly more common than in the past, but it's hardly a situation where EVERYONE who owns a console has all of them.

Anyway. It's expensive, it's complicated, it's not really all that feasible for most people. It's a nice idea, but in the end...

PhantasyStar12
Dec 17, 2002, 04:13 PM
Okay is this really real???/ I want to know because I want to do that but I don't have XBOX, I ONLY HAVE GAMECUBE PHANTASY STAR ONLINE. If this can work without having to use XBOX, then tell me please.

Kayumi
Dec 17, 2002, 04:20 PM
...did you even READ the posts?

You need an xbox for the method he described.

If you have broadband and access to a computer, just get a bloody voice-chat program.

The answer you wanted is ALREADY THERE.

ChokingVictim
Dec 17, 2002, 06:29 PM
ah, just create a yahoo page and chat room...

DJ_Monkey
Dec 17, 2002, 07:16 PM
I suppose you could put a broadband-connected laptop next to you when you are playing PSO(or a desktop if your system is near the desktop), and then you could just use a voice chat program(Netmeeting works great, despite what Microsoft-bashers might say) to chat like that.

Riel
Dec 17, 2002, 08:06 PM
Wow i was reading this and this is exactly the set-up i have,why didn't i think of that,that's a great idea man and easy to do.I might try this one night.I'm going to tell a few people i know who have that set-up as well,thanks for the tip. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

MPLe
Dec 17, 2002, 08:45 PM
On 2002-12-17 13:20, Kayumi wrote:
If you have broadband and access to a computer, just get a bloody voice-chat program.

The answer you wanted is ALREADY THERE.

That's well said. XBox Live uses more bandwith than AIM (with the banners off, that is) so you wouldn't be lagging as much. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd sacrifice a little sound quality for less lag anyday.

[Edit: it's a great idea, no doubt, but it seems that you don't really need an XBox to get it to work, and you're confusing people by saying that. More people have a GCN and PC than GCN and XBox.]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MPLe on 2002-12-17 17:47 ]</font>

isamu2k3
Dec 17, 2002, 09:36 PM
ok im begining to think ppl are not seeing my point....ok everyone is talkin nothin but goodness on AOL's voice chat....well sum1 said that it duznt support conferencing and pso is a MMORPG!!!! U play w/more than one other person!!
also now that ppl are talkin statistics what is the % of ppl that have their PC's near their entertainment centers (ie: tv and video games area)
IMO not that many as well....mine is a good 60 feet away!
ok there are other substitutions that u can put in but xbox has the best quality.....and thats what im lookin for QUALITY.........not just a cheap rip-off.
besides this is just to see who else has this set up b/c i wanna chat w/some ppl asap in GOOD QUALITY voice chattin......not everyone has to pertain to this thread.

btw its not that hard to setup.....just freakin have the box and gc connected to the same tv and switch channels....if u cant do that ur F*****G dumb...lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: isamu2k3 on 2002-12-17 18:38 ]</font>

Eum
Dec 17, 2002, 09:52 PM
About as dumb as you manipulating statistics to benefit your point of view in any given argument.

Spy
Dec 17, 2002, 11:39 PM
On 2002-12-17 18:36, isamu2k3 wrote:
ok im begining to think ppl are not seeing my point....ok everyone is talkin nothin but goodness on AOL's voice chat....well sum1 said that it duznt support conferencing and pso is a MMORPG!!!! U play w/more than one other person!!
also now that ppl are talkin statistics what is the % of ppl that have their PC's near their entertainment centers (ie: tv and video games area)
ok there are other substitutions that u can put in but xbox has the best quality.....and thats what im lookin for QUALITY.........not just a cheap rip-off.
besides this is just to see who else has this set up b/c i wanna chat w/some ppl asap in GOOD QUALITY voice chattin......not everyone has to pertain to this thread.

btw its not that hard to setup.....just freakin have the box and gc connected to the same tv and switch channels....if u cant do that ur F*****G dumb...lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: isamu2k3 on 2002-12-17 18:38 ]</font>

You are soo making me want to use your setup. I think I'd rather do my taxes or something similar instead though.

X-thirteen
Dec 17, 2002, 11:55 PM
you know you could just call the person you want to play with if you are good enough friends.

_cAbLe_
Dec 17, 2002, 11:59 PM
What a waste of time and money. I have a $40 headset and run Roger Wilco on the PC I have my Gamecube attached to (I run it through the s-video connection on my all-in-wonder card) and I get beautiful quality sound with very little latency for a fraction of the cost of what Isamu is suggesting. Thanks, but no thanks.

CajunSamurai
Dec 18, 2002, 02:34 AM
On 2002-12-17 11:08, Kayumi wrote:
...or you could just use AIM voicechat to do the same damn thing, without needing an Xbox and a game in common.

Still need broadband. But why complicate it that much? The only possible hindrance I can see to using AIM over the Xbox is that not everyone sets up their PC in the same room as their TV/consoles. But seriously...I've used more or less the same method to communicate on DC PSO with a friend who didn't have a DC keyboard, back when I still had DSL. We sat there and used ICQ to talk to each other, and I would be the translator if anything needed to be said to other players.

I had come up with the same idea shortly after getting PSO Episode 1&2 and brainstorming alternative methods, glad someone else pioneered and tested a similar method a while back. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
My idea was pretty much the same thing. I'd have tried it already, but most of my PSO friends are on dialup. I myself don't even use a router at the moment anyhow.
But doesn't AIM support only 2 people at once? I think it did last I checked, but I may be wrong.

Anyway, those with BB connections, routers to split a connection between GCN and PC and a microphone (and preferably a halfway decent soundcard) should give it a shot... I will once I take either my PS2 or Xbox online so I won't have to do as much swappin'. Sounds like it'd work pretty nicely!

CorneliusPower
Dec 18, 2002, 08:20 AM
Voicechat!! Haha. Well, I'd rather not hear ppl ask me over an over, Do you have God/Power? Do you have God/Power? Do you have God/Power? Do you have God/Power? Well on the other hand it is good for teamplay, to eliminate all this all Sega/Nintendo or any third party would have to do is release a damn keyboard. Hmmm. Well either that, or just get each others AIM and chat back and forth. I'm game, my AIM is posted anyone who wants to play AIM me! Heh heh, simple.

harmfulcow
Dec 18, 2002, 07:29 PM
hey, maybe not all of us are spoiled and or rich and cant afford to get an xbox then xbox live and even if someone did have that (god forbid) who the hell would wanna go through all that shit?

The Insatiable,
Doug

*edit by Abdur*
No flaming, you can argue but don't flame. =

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2002-12-18 20:32 ]</font>

Blenjar
Dec 18, 2002, 10:59 PM
On 2002-12-17 11:04, ChokingVictim wrote:
how gloriously complicated

WHAT HE SAID AND HAHAHAHA I GOT XLIVE HAHAHAH AHAHHA GHOST HAHAHA MECH HAHAHAHA NBA2K3 HAHAHAHA UC HAHAH DONE.

MPLe
Dec 19, 2002, 12:57 AM
On 2002-12-17 18:36, isamu2k3 wrote:

But I'd rather just go into an AIM chat room and type to people... The person that I play PSO online with the most has a Computer near his TV so we just type back and forth.

BTW, you're saying that you want quality, but I'm asking if you'd sacrifice bandwith for quality hearing? That just means that all 4 people will be lagging just a bit.

Nullman
Dec 24, 2002, 03:10 PM
isamu2k3

I have this setup already, so it should be easy for me.

My Gamertag is Phreaker

Looke me up on XBL, would love to try PSO GC and XBL Voice chat at the same time. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Blur2168
Dec 24, 2002, 03:44 PM
lol good thinkin'!