PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Dissidia New Trailer!

Calibur
Jun 20, 2007, 10:01 PM
New Trailer out!

The 20th anniversary Final Fantasy project, now official will bring with it some familiar faces including the legendary villain himself.

Youtube (http://youtube.com/watch?v=i-AhY-GPz-0)

game trailers (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/20702.html)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calibur on 2007-06-20 20:14 ]</font>

UnderscoreX
Jun 20, 2007, 10:13 PM
Love the dramatic entrance for Sephiroth, nice to see they haven't given up yet on milking that franchise.

McLaughlin
Jun 20, 2007, 10:16 PM
Wow. Why does that Sephiroth bit look so...familiar?

Oh, because I saw it in 2000 when I played FFVII, and then again in Advent Children.

Meh, it looks alright.

Calibur
Jun 20, 2007, 10:17 PM
I thought the three notes of OWA at the end of the trailer was a nice little touch.

NPCMook
Jun 20, 2007, 10:50 PM
Cecil vs. Sephiroth? Me thinks I will like this game...

ShinMaruku
Jun 20, 2007, 11:19 PM
Zidane should have headbutted Kuja. Live up to the name boy.

Niered
Jun 20, 2007, 11:39 PM
10 bux says it sucks like everything else Square makes that isnt in the normal continuum of FF or DQ.

But it will still make Square bajillions of monies, only because they whored their main characters out to the extent they have. I mean, its one thing to make a fighter with all your classics ala Super Smash Bros, its entirely different to take your best game, and then make a movie about it, and then a crappy 3rd person shooter, and then shitty cell phone game, and then...well, you get the picture.

But anywho, anyone notice Square is doing to FF7 what Sega has done to Sonic? They throw their most well known characters into JUNK.

Dre_o
Jun 20, 2007, 11:43 PM
Probably answered many times but what platform is this gonna be for?

ShinMaruku
Jun 20, 2007, 11:46 PM
PSP. My second fave platform now.

UnderscoreX
Jun 20, 2007, 11:49 PM
But anywho, anyone notice Square is doing to FF7 what Sega has done to Sonic? They throw their most well known characters into JUNK.

And what Nintendo has done to Mario

ShinMaruku
Jun 20, 2007, 11:52 PM
All are owned by Japanese people and we know they are batshit insane.

Niered
Jun 21, 2007, 12:54 AM
On 2007-06-20 21:49, UnderscoreX wrote:

And what Nintendo has done to Mario

Actually, thats the one case that that ISNT true. Think about general reviews, "Mario Strikers"? Great game. "Mario Kart"? Amazing game. "Paper Mario"? Good game. "Mario Baseball"? Good game. "Mario Party"? Well, okay, that one is getting old, but its still not BAD.

What I mean to say is, even though Nintendo DOES whore out there mascot, nobody faults them for it. Why? Because they actually make GOOD games with it. Now take something like "Sonic Riders", or "Chocobo racing", they're half-assed at best, total crap at worst. Thats because Square and Sega realized something. They could still sell absolute crap to kiddies too obsessed with the franchise to care. The thing about Nintendo is that they seem to have the common decency to go on making GOOD titles while they're at it.

Zorafim
Jun 21, 2007, 01:13 AM
On 2007-06-20 20:01, Calibur wrote:
including the legendary villain himself.

I didn't see Kefka even once. You owe me two minutes of my time.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 21, 2007, 04:26 AM
pretty eye-candy. Cecil is cool , at first I thought it was a killer re-make of FF IV but alas it turned out to be basically "Final Fantasy: FanServicia" Ah well...

Neith
Jun 21, 2007, 08:36 AM
Meh, looks alright. Shame it's for PSP, I might have bought if it was for PS2/GC/Wii. Not enough reason in those 2 minutes for me to buy a PSP, or the game though.

Sephiroth is overrated as a villain but he's still one of my favourite FF characters. I still think Square are milking Final Fantasy far too much now though (in particular FFVII- please stop with the add-ons D: )

RoninJoku
Jun 21, 2007, 08:44 AM
Though seeing Zidane and Kuja made me drool... There is no chance in hell I will be swayed to get a PSP because of this.

Calibur
Jun 21, 2007, 02:46 PM
On 2007-06-20 23:13, Zorafim wrote:

Gametrailers description...not mine http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

"Ahem. There's SAND on my boots!"

NPCMook
Jun 21, 2007, 07:06 PM
Yeah I just noticed this was for the PSP only T_T now I am sad...

Kent
Jun 21, 2007, 08:13 PM
On 2007-06-20 23:13, Zorafim wrote:

...That's because they said "legendary."

They didn't say "clown."

WrathOfMegid
Jun 22, 2007, 07:13 PM
Okay, where is Cecil!? Is he the dude with the horns? They better have the paladin version of him, either that or give me Rydia. Actually, junk that. Give me both of em, and I will buy it. I will buy a PSP just for that. Seeing a solid interpretation of those two characters would make my life(FFIV was my first RPG, thank you uncle Jack).