PDA

View Full Version : unpopular games you like

Wyndham
Jun 21, 2007, 12:09 PM
just share the series' you like that not many people know about. one of my favourites is the Ganbare Goemon series. (I hope i spelled that right) in it, there are 4 main characters, each with a main weapon. Goemon has a pipe, Ebisumaru has a few different ones over the length of the series, Yae has a sword, and Sasuke has Kunai.
what about the rest of you.

AlexCraig
Jun 21, 2007, 12:30 PM
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. Poor dialogue, campy character personas, hackneyed/cartoony storyline... and yet, I love playing it so much.

sprky585
Jun 21, 2007, 12:48 PM
haha, well this might seem weird to some but PSO! no one i know (personally, not counting people from this site) plays it so i consider it an unpopular game...

Sinue_v2
Jun 21, 2007, 12:51 PM
http://www.gpstore.co.nz/serv/display-image.dyn?file=/images/products/1471937.jpg

I would have said Gabriel Knight, but it's more of a "forgotten title" than an unpopular one.

I liked Still Life though. It's the sequel to Post-Mortem, and a murder mystery that alternates between the 1930's and present day to put the pieces together on a series of jack-the-ripper-esqe copycat murders. Decent puzzles, though the interface is somewhat clunky with a controller, a problem that has plauged adventure games on consoles since Manic Mansion on the NES. The atmosphere is quite good for an "Adventure Company" title, as is the storyline. Usually they follow the Benoit Sokal formula of using the game to showcase art, rather than produce a great game. I blame MYST for this. Somehow Still Life managed to both become entrapped by it, and yet still rise above it.

This game was largely overshadowed by Indigo Prophecy, despite being the far better title in all technical aspects aside from graphics and engine. While fanboys were creaming over the possibility of seeing a censored shower scene, Still Life was showing full nudity right under their noses. (of course... the nude bodies were mutilated and being drug through the street or put on a grotesque display.. but whatever)

Also, I really enjoyed Trace Memory for the Nintendo DS. This was another game that got a pretty poor reception. However I never took the game as a serious contender for a great adventure game - but more of a "My First Adventure" sort of endevour. The puzzles were simplistic, the storyline juvinile, and yet - it was fun. Using the DS stylus for point & click was both new and nostalgic. And as said, while simplistic, the DS Stylus offered a lot of novel variety in the way you solved puzzles. They even managed to use the DS's faults (the plastic covering the screens reflects light, for example) as a key to solving some of the puzzles. The whole experience was just... fun.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Sinue/trace-memory.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-06-21 10:55 ]</font>

Wyndham
Jun 21, 2007, 01:23 PM
I didn't mention PSO, because this is PSOWorld.

sprky585
Jun 21, 2007, 01:26 PM
yeah i know but i thought i'd just throw it out there, i also liked Grabbed by the Gouhlies and Voodoo Vince for the Xbox, two of the first games i got, and i liked Fuzion Frenzy, despite the sequel being God-awful

Sord
Jun 21, 2007, 01:37 PM
even though someone recently mentioned a new MMORPG title for it on PC, I thought Monster Hunter was good (first one on PS2) and only know of one other person around here that has even heard of it. It wasn't recieved well in America, though it's supposedly much more popular in Japan. You actually hunt monsters to make your weapons, armors, and traps (including barrel bombs, fear.) Which you then use to hunt stronger monsters and use their stuff to make stronger things. You can also mine for materials and forrage them. You cook your own meat, you can fish.

The game is easy at first, but gets really hard after a few advances in quest ranks. You'll find yourself hunting and scavanging for hours to find materials to make your stuff. It really gets hard when you start trying to take down dragons, my god it's brutal. But when you finally take it down your so freaking happy you don't know what to do.

I think it's one of the harder games to find now, but you could probably get it used for 20 bucks or something. It's a fun game, and anyone who likes PSO (I don't know about PSUers) will like Monster Hunter. My friend tells me online is free for the PS2 by the way, like PSO you just team up and go on quests.

Retehi
Jun 21, 2007, 01:49 PM
I remember back then. . I liked Mission Impossible for N64. <_<

-Crokar-
Jun 21, 2007, 01:52 PM
brain lord for the snes lol

DurakkenX
Jun 21, 2007, 03:16 PM
>.>
I more or less don't like games that are popular...like Resident Evil...

amtalx
Jun 21, 2007, 03:27 PM
Radiant Silvergun (Saturn), Ikaruga (DC), Deathrow (Xbox), Impericum Galactica II(PC)

Dre_o
Jun 21, 2007, 03:38 PM
Well, Fusion Frenzy is an AWESOME brother vs brother game (despite it's *twitch* annoying characters and voices.)

MechAssault and Mech 2 are EXTREMELY AWESOME (just not Halo 2 popular)

I don't know whether you can consider Rainbow 6: 3 "popular" but I'd still play it over ANY other shooter game ANY day.

DikkyRay
Jun 21, 2007, 04:28 PM
DID SUM1 SAY GOEMON??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?
Anyway, Mischief Makers is mine. Hella short game, but so fun.
I have about a million games like that. I play all these games, but no one plays them, or they think it sucks.

Scrub
Jun 21, 2007, 05:30 PM
I don't know if it's been said yet but Viewtiful Joe. Holy shit that is one of the best games ever created.

Skuda
Jun 21, 2007, 05:38 PM
Indigo Prophecy. nuff said. :3

If you find it, you could probably pick it up for 10-15 bucks. It's on x-bawks and PS2.

Jaysky
Jun 21, 2007, 05:46 PM
On 2007-06-21 15:30, Scrub wrote:
I don't know if it's been said yet but Viewtiful Joe. Holy shit that is one of the best games ever created.

Viewtiful Joe is like 5th or 6th for best GC games, I think some people know about it. :s

Feelmirath
Jun 21, 2007, 05:56 PM
Space Station: Silicon Valley springs to mind.

My god, that was some fun shit.

sprky585
Jun 21, 2007, 06:25 PM
On 2007-06-21 13:38, Dre_o wrote:
Well, Fusion Frenzy is an AWESOME brother vs brother game (despite it's *twitch* annoying characters and voices.)

fucking yes, you just described my experience with that game...only time i played it was vs. my brother...and the character made me wanna stick knifes in my ears...that Zak kid..holy shit i almost cried everytime i heard him "The Zak attack is back!" Dear God can you say nightmares

Wyndham
Jun 21, 2007, 08:25 PM
Mischeif Makers was a VERY good game. so was EVO on the SNES, and Blast Corps on the N64.

Weeaboolits
Jun 21, 2007, 08:29 PM
I had fun with Blast Chamber on the PSX. ;]

ShadowDragon28
Jun 21, 2007, 08:31 PM
PS2:

PSU
Okami
R-Type Final.
The Matrix:Path of Neo

DS:
Lunar Knights
Children of Mana

DikkyRay
Jun 21, 2007, 08:46 PM
Okami is pretty well known, seeing as it was a best seller....
And crap, how could i forget space station silicon valley.... WHY DID I SELL THAT GAME?!?!

Wyndham
Jun 21, 2007, 08:47 PM
Boktai and Lunar Knights, too. I forgot about those.

AlexCraig
Jun 21, 2007, 08:54 PM
On 2007-06-21 18:46, DikkyRay wrote:
And crap, how could i forget space station silicon valley.... WHY DID I SELL THAT GAME?!?!

Actually, my friend has been looking for that game. One of his tops.

DikkyRay
Jun 21, 2007, 09:01 PM
On 2007-06-21 18:54, AlexCraig wrote:

On 2007-06-21 18:46, DikkyRay wrote:

Actually, my friend has been looking for that game. One of his tops.

Once i get my hands on some cash...thats one classic i need to get myself.
ROMS just dont have the same feeling like the actual game.
THat and Ogre Battle 64

ShadowDragon28
Jun 21, 2007, 09:05 PM
In the Los Angeles and over-all area of California Okami was barely noticed.

I'm attending a college with a Game Art & Design program to get a Bachelor's in Science Degree and out of like 50 students, only 1 other gamer besides me even played Okami or even bought the game. Everyone else gives more play and attention to Halo 2 or Guitar Hero.

DikkyRay
Jun 21, 2007, 09:13 PM
really?
Everywhere i go i hear "Okami is awesome"
Plus there are quite a few magazines that listed it as a best seller.
But i can understand that people like guitar hero more.....

Tact
Jun 21, 2007, 09:22 PM
Ogre Battle 64 kicked ass.
I had all the Pedras and an entire unit of level 99 people. Of course, they were all Chaotic and killed pretty much anything (even the final boss) in one or two rounds.

Children of Mana was okay. It was more hack-and-heal than anything else.

Jehosaphaty
Jun 21, 2007, 09:26 PM
lord, I haate Fusion Frenzy. Atrociously stupid multiplayer. Yuck.

World Driver Championship. Mmm, delicious racing for the 64.

Sir_Gusher
Jun 21, 2007, 09:29 PM
Super Ninja Boys was a fun game I like the way they looked when hey got hit in the nuts or the gut.

RoninJoku
Jun 21, 2007, 11:51 PM
Escape Velocity (Mac)

Great addicting game with no big direction and no real ending. Basically you are a starship captain and they start you off piloting a shuttle in the Sol (our) system. From there you do simple missions that involve going from place to place in the galaxy while you also transport commodities for profit, fight pirates, outfit your ship, and buy new ships. Mad crazy fun!

Hrm... Not sure if Armored Core would qualify as unpopular... But it certainly is a niche franchise. Another one of my favorites. I'm just a sucker for outfitting gigantic machines of war.

Firocket1690
Jun 22, 2007, 12:09 AM
Ys.
Well. It's unpopular in America, but Japan has a cult following for it.

Sord
Jun 22, 2007, 12:23 AM
not sure how popular but Road Rash was fun as hell. I owned a few of the series a long time ago, wish I knew what happened to them.

K-Dub
Jun 22, 2007, 12:35 AM
i like the game KillZone for PS2

Kevino
Jun 22, 2007, 01:01 AM
On 2007-06-21 10:30, AlexCraig wrote:
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. Poor dialogue, campy character personas, hackneyed/cartoony storyline... and yet, I love playing it so much.

No offense but I think that game was a wast of the two words Final and Fantasy if they left those two words it would be better... Final and Fantasy raise the expectation bar that much and that one let me down...
but more on topic.
Plok!, Chu Chu rocket(not horribly unpopular I think), LOTD (land of the dead): Road to Fiddlers Green

AC9breaker
Jun 22, 2007, 01:17 AM
Einhander

Shinobi for ps2

and The Bouncer

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 22, 2007, 02:24 AM
On 2007-06-21 23:01, Kevino wrote:

On 2007-06-21 10:30, AlexCraig wrote:

No offense but I think that game was a wast of the two words Final and Fantasy if they left those two words it would be better... Final and Fantasy raise the expectation bar that much and that one let me down...

It was advertised/sold as the beginner/novice's Final Fantasy compared to the others in Final Fantasy 2 and 3(US names yeah, you know the deal) on SNES.

I had fun with it too though, getting into the later stages and Flare-ing everything was a fun lighthearted romp. nothing major, by the books, no real problems like you have with this generations over saturation of problematic JRPG's.

Kevino
Jun 22, 2007, 02:45 AM
Einhander that was another good game...

amtalx
Jun 22, 2007, 06:43 AM
On 2007-06-21 21:51, RoninJoku wrote:

Escape Velocity (Mac)

Mind = Blown. I remember that one, good stuff.

Rubius-sama
Jun 22, 2007, 09:05 AM
On the PS I liked a game called The Grandstream Saga. On the Xbox, I liked Otogi I & II, and The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay. The Riddick game is one of my all time faves (also got a 9+ on Gamespot). Last time I had that much fun was when I played FF7. I had never seen any of the movies before playing the game, but after playing the game I became a huge Riddick fan. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

McLaughlin
Jun 22, 2007, 09:58 AM
I'm not quite sure how popular the Golden Sun games are/were, but those are both probably the best GBA RPGs ever. I also really like that game by Clover (I never owned it, but a friend does)...the hell was the name of that game?

A lot of people I know never played Tales of Symphonia, so that gets a mention as well.

Midicronica
Jun 22, 2007, 10:05 AM
Tales of Symphonia, most definitely.

Weeaboolits
Jun 22, 2007, 10:08 AM
Puyo Pop Fever!

It can't have been that popular if they never decided to translate the sequel... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

McLaughlin
Jun 22, 2007, 10:21 AM
OH! The Fire Emblem games! forgot about them. Those are excellent GBA games as well.

AlexCraig
Jun 22, 2007, 10:32 AM
On 2007-06-22 08:05, Shadow_Moses wrote:

I love that game, too. I haven't played it in a while, though. I am right at the final boss.

360NyTeMaRe
Jun 22, 2007, 03:51 PM
This game is popular with the collectors and hardcore 1337 "nerds"...

Killer Instinct - SNES

TO DATE, the best fighting game EVER released.

Rubius-sama
Jun 22, 2007, 05:33 PM
On 2007-06-22 13:51, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:
This game is popular with the collectors and hardcore 1337 "nerds"...

Killer Instinct - SNES

TO DATE, the best fighting game EVER released.

Gotta agree there. I still have a brand new SNES copy on my game shelf. I have both arcade versions of KI on my modded Xbox and play it when friends come over.

360NyTeMaRe
Jun 22, 2007, 05:46 PM
I played as Fulgore a lot, learned all his combos too, but can't get an Ultra combo above 23 hits.

I love using his finishing move #2, because that machinegun ripping through Jago's chest, followed by "Supreme Victory" is so awesome.

AlexCraig
Jun 22, 2007, 05:51 PM
I'm not sure if it is unpopular, but it is uncommon. Illusion of Gaia for SNES. That is a great game. History and RPG in one.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 22, 2007, 07:15 PM
On 2007-06-22 15:51, AlexCraig wrote:
I'm not sure if it is unpopular, but it is uncommon. Illusion of Gaia for SNES. That is a great game. History and RPG in one.

Love that game. Probably played it more than Mystic Quest though actually. Sorry.

AlexCraig
Jun 22, 2007, 07:19 PM
Ah, so you play Illusion of Gaia too? Cool! I haven't played it in a while. Have you ever found all 50 red jewels?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 22, 2007, 07:23 PM
I had one of those guides or maps with all 50 and what you get for them at each requirement.

Don't think getting all 50 was worth the effort if I remember that right.

AlexCraig
Jun 22, 2007, 07:24 PM
Ah. I think I am in either Nazca or Mu. I forgot where.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 22, 2007, 07:44 PM
Running down that hill and flying over to the left side of the city was a very Sonic the hedgehog like moment.

I also like the Megaman Legends games.

Lots of fun and character!

AlexCraig
Jun 22, 2007, 07:47 PM
Hehe, David/Toaster Boy likes playing that.

Niered
Jun 22, 2007, 09:40 PM
XGRA. Remeber the awesome Xtreme G racing games for the N64? Well then they made XG3, which sucked major balls and caused many people to simply push the series out of their minds. But then XGRA came along, which basically blew the pants off of any racing game at the time (at least in my opinion). I have as of yet to play a game (Including F zero) that had such an amazing feeling of speed.

Oh, and Deathstrike for life.

Wyndham
Jun 22, 2007, 09:45 PM
FZero GX is my favourite racing game. it's hard as hell, you can make your own racer, and theres a HUGE selection of cars and characters. and barely anyone I knew played it.

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 22, 2007, 10:39 PM
Culdcept (PS2) - It's a card game thrown on top of a board game. Simplest way to put it is "Magic: The Gathering meets Monopoly". This game's dirt cheap now. Get it...or wait for Culdcept Saga US version to be released on the 360.

King's Field series (PS1, PS2) - First-person dungeon exploration/combat done right. Stats take a back burner to player skill...although the enemies aren't THAT hard. Shitty graphics on the PS1 versions but top-notch atmospheric music and SOMEHOW a first-rate sense of immersion. Also, no loading times except when you first load it up. It's ALL seamless. And I've yet to see better magic effects in any other series.

Shadow Tower (PS1) - King's Field, but much more sinister. No music, just ambience. It's darker, weapons break fast as hell, to repair weapons costs you HP, and healing potions are in rather short supply. A first-person dungeoncrawl not for the faint of heart or weak of skill. Also, you can MANUALLY block with a sheild, and larger shields obstruct your view more so defend with caution.

Shadow Tower Abyss (PS2) - It doesn't feel that much like Shadow Tower 1 despite being the same stuff. This is probably because shields have been replaced by guns, and swords allow you to do combos with the right analog stick. I've yet to see better controls in a first-person dungeoncrawl. And now you can dismember your opponents. That doesn't make them totally harmless though...

Breakdown (XBox) - First-person brawler done by a company with the balls to make you see every move in your own eyes, not through the eyes of some pansy-ass magic camera. You'll see every part of your body whenever it's appropriate, whether you're climbing up a ledge, shimmying across a ledge, getting knocked down and back up, throwing punches, doing backflips, or puking. It's gimmicky but it's awesome and it's fun enough to offset the assloads of problems the game has, like fighting the same four enemies all through the game, with the occasional boss.

Target Earth (also called Assault Suits Leynos) (Genesis) - Ahh, old-school mecha goodness...the stlye is just too awesome, and the game is fucking hard. Go ahead, try it out. Good luck on that first level. <_<

Otogi series (Xbox) - too lazy to describe

Lost Kingdoms series (GameCube) - Realtime combat adventure game...using cards. You must use cards to attack, summon creatures or do certain other things. But it's mainly summoning, attacking and helping your summons do their job.

Night_Raid
Jun 22, 2007, 11:21 PM
Monster Hunter? *goes backflipping out the window* I absolutely love MH, even though I've gotten the strongest offline equipment, I still play from time to time. However, since the old clunky PS2's dont' have ethernet I'll either need A) A PS2 modem or B) a Slim PS2.

But what worries me is the fact that the American MH fanbase is minimal at best. Most of the American players just hang around the gamefaqs forum. So there's a pretty small MH community in the US.

I loved to first Viewtiful Joe. Totally original. However, I had the misfortune of buying VJ2....Ugh. It's the EXACT same thing practically. They added some new features like making being able to switch between Joe and Sylvia at any time during the game, as well as giving Sylvia her own move set. But other than that, there's not much of a difference.

Hold on. They made Extreme G sequels?! Where have I been?!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Night_Raid on 2007-06-22 21:23 ]</font>

Nitro Vordex
Jun 23, 2007, 04:34 AM
Runescape. *not*. Anyway, one of my favs was Baten Kaitos 2: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean. That game was SWEET for a card based gamestyle. Anyone played Eternal Champions for the Sega Genesis? That game was also highly entertaining.

Oh yeah, and PowerStone for DC. That was one of the best fighting games I EVAR played, next to SF2A and KI/KI Gold.

Even though its widley known, I still have a favorite: Marvel Vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes.

OFT!

Syl
Jun 23, 2007, 04:46 AM
I'm glad to see F-Zero GX fans here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I LOVE this game. REally challenging (both the master cups and the story mode. Geez story mode was hard, even harder on hard lol). I also go to a local arcade to play F-Zero AX http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I love those turn based strategy games like Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, Shining Force I & II, etc

One of the games I've NEVER heard of anyone playing is called Emperor: Battle for Dune. It's a really awesome RTS (kind of old).

Another unheard of game was INCOMING! for PC. Pretty much you go around in different aircaraft vehicles and destroy aliens or w/e (really fun! too bad I dont have it anymore)

Orange_Coconut
Jun 23, 2007, 04:56 AM
Nobunaga's Ambition for the NES.

Ash1ey
Jun 23, 2007, 08:42 AM
Koudelka
Shadow Hearts
Rhapsody A Musical Adventure
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

McLaughlin
Jun 23, 2007, 12:25 PM
I really liked Lost Kingdoms and F Zero GX as well.

Wyndham
Jun 23, 2007, 01:59 PM
Koudelka was great, but I didn't get far. I think I'll rebuy it.

hollowtip
Jun 23, 2007, 02:28 PM
On 2007-06-21 11:49, Retehi wrote:
I remember back then. . I liked Mission Impossible for N64. <_<

I was actually a big fan of the game as well. It had a lot of depth, and you could beat missions in different ways.

If it wasn't so buggy and had more development time, I think it would garnered much more attention. I can't count how many times I froze that damn game.

the game testers must have been on vacation for MI when it was being developed.

hollowtip
Jun 23, 2007, 02:36 PM
Also, I wouldn't say that KI is an unpopular game. That's developed a pretty healthy community (which includes myself) and it did spawn sequels (KI: 2 and Gold for N64). Furthermore, KI:3 is heavily rumored to be in development as well.

Out_Kast
Jun 23, 2007, 03:36 PM
Legend Of Legia (PS1) or whatever it was called.
It was a completely new experience for me.
We rented it, and never ever saw it afterwards =[

DikkyRay
Jun 23, 2007, 03:37 PM
Last time i checked, Fire Emblem and Advance warss wernt unpopular.
Seeing as, you know, everyone in japan and here pretty much knows of them.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 24, 2007, 11:06 AM
Fatal Frame games, I loved all three of them. They are very hard to find now.

Indigo Prophacy was good too. For those tired of the same type Genre they see, give this game a try.

DikkyRay
Jun 24, 2007, 11:53 AM
i can't believe i forgot this one x.x
Cubivore is one of my favorite 'cube games. I think i am one of 7 people who has that game

Katrina
Jun 24, 2007, 12:00 PM
Everquest Online Adventures - Frontiers (that 'other' MMO for the PS2) I still play to this day 8D

Orange_Coconut
Jun 24, 2007, 02:03 PM
On 2007-06-24 09:06, Sexy_Raine wrote:
Fatal Frame games, I loved all three of them. They are very hard to find now.

Indigo Prophacy was good too. For those tired of the same type Genre they see, give this game a try.

I have the second one, though I haven't played the other two. Which is somewhat odd, I guess... But my friend said it was his favorite one. I haven't really had the chance to play it much though.

Solstis
Jun 24, 2007, 02:55 PM
Psychonauts!

Cz
Jun 25, 2007, 01:34 AM
Shining in the Darkness, it is a very old game from Sega Genesis. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bunny.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bunny.gif

Axispoint
Jun 25, 2007, 03:43 AM
On 2007-06-22 21:21, Night_Raid wrote:
Monster Hunter? *goes backflipping out the window* I absolutely love MH, even though I've gotten the strongest offline equipment, I still play from time to time. However, since the old clunky PS2's dont' have ethernet I'll either need A) A PS2 modem or B) a Slim PS2.

I have Monster Hunter, Monster Hunter Freedom, Monster Hunter Portable 2 (Japanese MHF2), and just pre-ordered Monster Hunter Freedom 2 Friday (want my little pickle piggie, which my Gamestop didn't have :-/ ). Fun games, though a bit difficult (easier on the PSP versions, though). Have a PS2 modem to go online with Monster Hunter. In the evenings, it used to be around 400 people or so online.

As for other favorite games that I think were/are unpopular:

-Omikron: The Nomad Soul (DC version) = found it to be an interesting game. Really big world and all kinds of places to visit. And the body jumping part was quite interesting http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Totalled! = an Xbox game that is kind of like a demolition derby. It has crap graphics, but I really enjoy this little game (jumping over all of the busses was really fun!).

-The Mummy (PSOne) = spent hours playing this game, even though Rick's animations for walking and jumping were...um...hilarious (maybe that's why I kept playing). Such a crappy movie-to-game conversion, but I still played it a bunch (even managed to glitch out the game bad enough that I had to reset...got on top of an awning and screwed up everything).

-Gex: Enter the Gecko (PSOne) = I'm not so sure this game was popular, but I had the demo of it for a while and played it to death (I absolutely loved the haunted house level). I played the full version and remember liking it a lot, too.

-Rush Hour (http://www.gamespot.com/ps/driving/rushhour/index.html?tag=result;title;0) (PSOne) = I played this ages ago on a friend's Playstation and I just loved it. Reminded me a lot of Danny Sullivan's Indy Car Racing (mainly with the view). I remember liking the level that looks like fall the most.

Wyndham
Jun 25, 2007, 08:44 AM
I'm sdurprised no-on mentioned Claymates and Clayfighters.

Weeaboolits
Jun 25, 2007, 09:25 AM
PSO Ep3. ;]

KodiaX987
Jun 25, 2007, 10:08 AM
MDK 2, voted by IGN as best game no one played.

McLaughlin
Jun 25, 2007, 10:29 AM
Forgot about Clayfighter 63 1/3! (Sixty-three and a third)

Axispoint
Jun 25, 2007, 10:56 AM
On 2007-06-25 08:08, KodiaX987 wrote:

I remember having a lot of fun with the demo, but never played the full game.

Wyndham
Jun 25, 2007, 11:24 AM
On 2007-06-25 07:25, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
PSO Ep3. ;]

that game would have been better if it weren't a PSO game.

DikkyRay
Jun 25, 2007, 12:30 PM
LOL Clayfighter!
The blob was amazing...
And sumo santa, and the crazy chicken guy who is fun to quote!

Ryno
Jun 25, 2007, 06:27 PM
Phantasy Star Universe

Niered
Jun 25, 2007, 10:27 PM
On 2007-06-25 08:08, KodiaX987 wrote:

Damn shame too. It was unforgiving, but amazingly fun. Max's levels were kickass, but I was really much more of a doctor guy myself. Radioactive toaster for the win.

HeadCrabz
Jun 26, 2007, 04:07 PM
I used to love "The Haunting" for the Sega Genesis. You got to play as a ghost whose mission was to scare a family out of their house. You could possess people and have them freak out their fellow family members. The highlight of the game was terrorizing a little girl to the point of wetting herself or morphing into a goblin atop the toilet who could reach into the bowl to fish out feces to hurl about with wild abandonment.

Good times...

Wyndham
Jun 27, 2007, 11:14 AM
On 2007-06-26 14:07, HeadCrabz wrote:
I used to love "The Haunting" for the Sega Genesis. You got to play as a ghost whose mission was to scare a family out of their house. You could possess people and have them freak out their fellow family members. The highlight of the game was terrorizing a little girl to the point of wetting herself or morphing into a goblin atop the toilet who could reach into the bowl to fish out feces to hurl about with wild abandonment.

Good times...

I remember that game well. I didn't get very far, but I liked it nonetheless.

Cz
Jun 27, 2007, 02:51 PM
Etrian Odyssey for the DS. I dont think it is that popular. Fun game to play and time wasting while I wait for my next class. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BunnyGirl on 2007-06-27 12:52 ]</font>

Wyndham
Jun 27, 2007, 02:53 PM
On 2007-06-27 12:51, BunnyGirl wrote:
Etrian Odyssey for the DS. I dont think it is that popular. Fun game to play and time wasting while I wait for my next class. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BunnyGirl on 2007-06-27 12:52 ]</font>

I actually have it, but I'm not playing it much.

Cz
Jun 27, 2007, 04:35 PM
i dont play it most of the time either...maybe cause i am starting to play videogames less and less lately? >_>
School seems to be more suitable for me than videogame unless that game is catching my attention a lot like Odin Sphere, Soul Calibur, or Puzzle Quest. I play Etrian Odyssey for like about 3 hrs. into the game so far...lol. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Thalui89
Jun 27, 2007, 06:17 PM
Primal never seemed to be v popular here. I like it but havnt played it much because its puzzles are rather confuzzling in places xD >.> hence why their called puzzles i suppose. /slap self

hollowtip
Jun 28, 2007, 09:34 PM
On 2007-06-26 14:07, HeadCrabz wrote:

Good times...

They need a sequel for the next generation platforms. The concept was original and added creative gameplay, and I guarantee it would sell extremely well (if the rights for the game is still under EA). I could see the Wii benefiting the most with the remote manipulating the scare objects scattered across the mansions.

But they do need to get rid of the goofy kid (and no the mohawk wasn't cool) and put a more dark spin on it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2007-06-28 19:39 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Jun 28, 2007, 11:02 PM
Bloody Roar: Primal Fury was another good one.

omegapirate2k
Jun 28, 2007, 11:04 PM
PSU

Ermac
Jun 28, 2007, 11:49 PM
Wow I'm surprised that no one has said the Star Ocean Series. In case you have never heard of it, it's basically a sci-fi RPG with real time battles. I will say though that the voice acting in the second wasn't that good but it was still a great game. I will also say that it has some of the toughest bonus bosses ever made.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xABFqRL4weA

DikkyRay
Jun 29, 2007, 12:14 AM
On 2007-06-28 21:04, omegapirate2k wrote:
PSU

Lol what game is that? it fun?

Weeaboolits
Jun 29, 2007, 12:15 AM
I played Till The End of Time, the puzzles were so damn frustrating that I stopped liking it, other than that it was pretty cool, though.

DonRoyale
Jun 29, 2007, 12:23 PM
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Falsebound Kingdom.

I don't know why I even bother, getting all the monsters is impossible and you drop it once you beat it, but damn it, it's fun.

Searching for that damn Moisture Creature was HARD, but I eventually got it. >.>

Ermac
Jun 29, 2007, 12:43 PM
On 2007-06-28 22:15, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I played Till The End of Time, the puzzles were so damn frustrating that I stopped liking it, other than that it was pretty cool, though.

I dont think the puzzles were that hard. Only one that I had trouble with was the Maze of Tribulations sliding puzzle. I just hate those.

sprky585
Jun 29, 2007, 01:23 PM
Wave Racer 64....that game was kickass

Weeaboolits
Jun 29, 2007, 01:33 PM
On 2007-06-29 10:43, Ermac wrote:

On 2007-06-28 22:15, Ronin_Cooper wrote:

I dont think the puzzles were that hard. Only one that I had trouble with was the Maze of Tribulations sliding puzzle. I just hate those.They were hard because they were completely arbitrary, like the damn Hauler thing. I spent FOUR HOURS on that before giving up and looking it up on the internet. x_X

AlexCraig
Jun 29, 2007, 08:29 PM
I'm, again, not sure if this is unpopular or just uncommon, but Breath of Fire. The original. We have all 5, but the first is my favorite.

McLaughlin
Jun 29, 2007, 08:36 PM
Legend of the 99 Dragoons...Dragons? Can't remember, but whatever. Damn good game either way.

Wyndham
Jun 30, 2007, 06:30 PM
On 2007-06-29 11:23, sprky585 wrote:
Wave Racer 64....that game was kickass

I loved playing that game with my brothers. I remember the biggest guy had a duck helmet.

Weeaboolits
Jun 30, 2007, 06:56 PM
I liked Vigilante 8, it was way better than Twisted Metal, I wonder why they stopped after making only two...

Airalean
Jul 1, 2007, 03:30 AM
I liked Twisted Metal, but to tell you the truth when i played it I was like 5, so i was afriad of most of the people in the game.

-sigh-
Im a wimp

I liked these two games for PS2 { befor it got trashed }
under the skin & metropolismania.

Tykwa
Jul 2, 2007, 07:37 AM
There was some robot game for the SNES/or somthing a friend had and it was cool ( it was somthing that had a big controller ) but it wasnt 8 bit more like 16 so idk

umm... Ima go name the games I liked a ton

Red Faction (one) for the PC, this game is awesome.
Tibia, This game is a classic, Awesome game (I still play somtimes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )
I had some guilty pleasure playing runescape for some reason, I hate the game but it just had somthing to it that made me like it a tad to get to lvl 40 in three days
umm... idk

the only one really is Tibia, which is pretty awesome for its day

Dopples
Jul 3, 2007, 09:55 AM
To the people that said Tales of Symphonia, it's not very unkown, considering it's one of the VERY FEW good RPGs on the Gamecube. Most people know of it.

Now, I'd like to address the series from aforementioned game, Tales of Symphonia. The Tales series never really had much popularity outside Symphonia. Destiny was a true gem, but it was overlooked by FF7, basically for it's graphics. The storyline, characters, and battle system were great, and it featured one of the best casts I've seen in a RPG, even compared to many of today's RPGs.

Another cult favorite to those who can import games is Namco X Capcom. Never released in America due to main issues (Two of them being, A.Neither Namco, nor Capcom could decide who would market and profit from the game, and B. It uses sprites, and because of that, SCEA went "lolwut" and stamped it "DENIED!". The game is actually really good, with each of the characters actually, you know, acting like the characters. A lot of the stories are intertwined too (e.g:Astaroth from Ghosts & Goblins was challenged by Demetri and Morrigan (Darkstalkers) after he was revived. Astaroth won, and this forced Morrigan to abandon her castle and move in with Demetri. Mitsurugi (Soul Calibur) challenges Yoshitsune (Genpei Toumaden) for Soul Edge before Kagekiyo (Genpei Toumaden) and Tarosuke (Shadow Lands) comes in to help out Mitsurugi.). The gameplay is ace, and the graphics aren't THAT bad (Though the sprites could have been animated better)

Neith
Jul 3, 2007, 10:17 AM
On 2007-06-28 21:02, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
Bloody Roar: Primal Fury was another good one.

Bloody Roar in general is awesome. BR4 let the series down a bit with the terrible voiceacting, but Bloody Roar 3 remains my favourite fighter of all time, hence the username. Potentially infinite 6-level combo rings with Uriko are somewhat amusing, as is beating the life out of a huge tiger with a kittygirl. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

F-Zero GX is another, but I wasn't aware that was unpopular either..I'm not that great at it, only onto the Diamond Cup, but I really enjoy it. Never cared for the Story Mode though.

Dynasty Warriors 4 too- never seemed overly popular in the UK. After my brother bought it, I've never seen it in shops since. Really smooth game, lot of fun to play.

And obviously, PSO. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Edit: Twisted Metal 3! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Rob Zombie soundtrack, and really fun multiplayer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-07-03 08:18 ]</font>

Nidramag
Jul 3, 2007, 02:30 PM
Megaman Battle Network series. it gets terrible ratings but i love them. also the game Tao's adventure which won WORST GAME OF THE YEAR in gameinformer. but they praise the game "lostmagic" i have played through both and tao's adventure BEATS THE CRAP out of any lostmagic game

Banish
Jul 3, 2007, 02:47 PM
I loved to play Mario Party 2, on the N64...it was one of the best Nintendo multiplayer game at the time. You'll laugh at the innocent face of Donkey Kong, as he is blown up by a passing bomb-om, or when he is knocked off a slippery ice-hill, or when he is shot off his parachute/ballon to fall to the bottom of the sea...endless fun with the board-game(s) and characters.

In fact, I sometimes play it today, with my brother.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fujita on 2007-07-03 12:47 ]</font>

Sord
Jul 3, 2007, 03:00 PM
N64 games coming your way:
Bio F.R.E.A.K.S.
Chameleon Twist
Glover

and one Playstation game:
Rock em Sock em Robots Arena

imfanboy
Jul 3, 2007, 03:09 PM
Four words:

Masters of Orion 2.

It's a space empire building game so well designed that a DECADE later I still play it lovingly.

Megaman Legends/Rockman Dash stacks up there for me too. I love playing the Gunnm/Battle Angel Alita PS1 game as well - it doesn't have the best control or camera, but it's just a blast to play as everyone's favorite lolita cyborg Hunter-Warrior.

Hmm.... Earthbound for the SNES was fun. Where else do you play a kid who scavenges through garbage cans for food? It was like a huge sendup of all the stereotyped JRPG games!

Retehi
Jul 3, 2007, 03:23 PM
I was going through my box of PS1 games, and I gotta throw in Apocalypse (Bruce Willis dude!), and Future Cop LAPD. Got em for like, $10 back then, but they're still fun, even more than some of the junk being chugged out today.

Nidramag
Jul 3, 2007, 03:37 PM
On 2007-07-03 13:00, Sord wrote:
Bio F.R.E.A.K.S.
Chameleon Twist
Glover

OMG GLOVER!!!!
I LOVED THAT GAME AND I ALWAYS WANTED IT!!!!
i played it quite a bit but i never got the chance to own it :'(

Nidramag
Jul 3, 2007, 03:38 PM
On 2007-07-03 13:09, imfanboy wrote:
Four words:

Masters of Orion 2.

It's a space empire building game so well designed that a DECADE later I still play it lovingly.

Megaman Legends/Rockman Dash stacks up there for me too. I love playing the Gunnm/Battle Angel Alita PS1 game as well - it doesn't have the best control or camera, but it's just a blast to play as everyone's favorite lolita cyborg Hunter-Warrior.

Hmm.... Earthbound for the SNES was fun. Where else do you play a kid who scavenges through garbage cans for food? It was like a huge sendup of all the stereotyped JRPG games!

MEGAMAN LEGENDS same as glover!

Dopples
Jul 3, 2007, 05:21 PM
On 2007-07-03 12:47, Fujita wrote:
I loved to play Mario Party 2, on the N64...it was one of the best Nintendo multiplayer game at the time. You'll laugh at the innocent face of Donkey Kong, as he is blown up by a passing bomb-om, or when he is knocked off a slippery ice-hill, or when he is shot off his parachute/ballon to fall to the bottom of the sea...endless fun with the board-game(s) and characters.

Isn't this a topic for unpopular games that were really good? I'm pretty sure anyone and their mothers have heard of Mario Party.

Side Note:Old doesn't mean obscure! Just cause Mario 64 is older then Super Mario Sunshine doesn't mean it's a cult classic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dopples on 2007-07-04 04:07 ]</font>

Nisshoku
Jul 3, 2007, 11:45 PM
Gotcha Force. Why I ever sold it, I'll never know. It was a hellishly fun game.

PJ
Jul 4, 2007, 12:46 AM
On 2007-07-03 21:45, Nisshoku wrote:
Gotcha Force. Why I ever sold it, I'll never know. It was a hellishly fun game.

I... I can't believe I'd ever forgotten that game.

o_o

My 30 team of all ninja-based toys. I even considered the dragons to be ninja enough to be part of my ninja squad.

THAT GAME WAS AWESOME!

I had always hoped for a sequel. A Wii one would be pretty kickass (I say this about every game that needs a sequel though... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif)

Weeaboolits
Jul 4, 2007, 01:00 AM
The Fullmetal Alchemist games, the show's popular, but I'm fairly sue the games aren't. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Orange_Coconut
Jul 4, 2007, 02:01 PM
Oh yeah, I also had fun with Kirby's Dreamcourse every now and again.

Now, I also really really really loved Earthbound, but since SSB came out people have been curious to check out what game Ness was from. I actually have it in cartridge, it was the first RPG I ever played. It's still one of my favorite games of all time.

Genoa
Jul 9, 2007, 11:53 PM
Quest 64 (my first RPG game, haha)
Not sure if I can count the Xenosaga series... if so, i'm pretty hardcore for those :3

Banish
Jul 11, 2007, 01:12 PM
On 2007-07-03 15:21, Dopples wrote:

On 2007-07-03 12:47, Fujita wrote:

Isn't this a topic for unpopular games that were really good? I'm pretty sure anyone and their mothers have heard of Mario Party.

Side Note:Old doesn't mean obscure! Just cause Mario 64 is older then Super Mario Sunshine doesn't mean it's a cult classic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dopples on 2007-07-04 04:07 ]</font>

That doesn't matter to me, I don't care about the topic label, it is a unpopular game to me, in my eyes it is.

On 2007-07-03 13:37, Nidramag wrote:

On 2007-07-03 13:00, Sord wrote:
Bio F.R.E.A.K.S.
Chameleon Twist
Glover

OMG GLOVER!!!!
I LOVED THAT GAME AND I ALWAYS WANTED IT!!!!
i played it quite a bit but i never got the chance to own it :'(

The Micheal Jackson glove that you play in certainly does somewhat have fun, in a way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fujita on 2007-07-11 11:14 ]</font>

Daikarin
Jul 11, 2007, 02:59 PM
Transport Tycoon. Still play it.

Jakosifer
Jul 12, 2007, 08:26 PM
Zone of the Enders the Second Runner

It and the first one, deserve MUCH more attention than they currently get. Which is none. I swear, my two favorite games ever. :/