PDA

View Full Version : Stargate SG-1 series ending

DurakkenX
Jun 22, 2007, 07:48 PM
47 minutes in... i find it funny, what do you guys think of the plot thus far?

DurakkenX
Jun 22, 2007, 08:00 PM
after the ending...meh...it needed to be 2 episodes...supposed to go out with a bang! BANG! BANG damnit!

ShinMaruku
Jun 22, 2007, 08:07 PM
The Asgard made them advanced?

DurakkenX
Jun 22, 2007, 08:14 PM
HEY GUYZ HEREZ SOME COOL NEW TOYZ WE GONNA GO BOOM NOW!

ShinMaruku
Jun 22, 2007, 08:23 PM
Thus I skipped it. On another note you post count at that point is my gnraddyy's birthdate 1899... >_>

DurakkenX
Jun 22, 2007, 08:28 PM
damn he's old...

ShinMaruku
Jun 22, 2007, 09:02 PM
My other one was born 1898.
They are both OOOLLLD. Only saw one.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 25, 2007, 06:56 PM
It was an "alright" episode, and an "ok" ending. Still I wish they'd have the finally be a two-parter and expand on things a bit more. I'm slightly disappointed.

Could of been, should of been vastly better. I've watched the series since it first aired on SHOWTIME ep1 season 1 and all the way until "Unending" this very last episode. The end of the Asgard was so rushed it was a bit unerving and a big "wtf", thy just up and the planet goes "boom" That all happened waay to quick. And wtf is up with no O'neil? He should of been worked into the story in some way. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

The fans that have been watching all this time deserve a *much* bigger "bang" than this episode overall IMO.

A huge final battle with the Ori army and somekind of final reconsiliation about Ascended Adria... *sigh*
Hopefully such will be adequetely resolved in "Atlantis" later, or in some kind of StarGate SG-1 movie.. Come on Sci-Fi channel, take a cure from "Farscape: The Peace Keeper Wars" please!

Nitro Vordex
Jun 25, 2007, 10:01 PM
Actually, there are two movies coming out, planned for 2008. Check it on Wiki and the internets.

DurakkenX
Jun 25, 2007, 10:42 PM
Actually...

Stargate was originally supposed to be a trilogy but it was trash in most peoples' opinions...when it was made into a series many of the things were just kicked to the side.

Also the studio that produces StargeGate is looking for another station so I don't think that it's seriously the series finally unless people exec are dumb ^.^ which obviously the sco-fi ones are...

but from what i understand the ori and carter as well as daniel are all going to go to Atlantis so not really a big deal.

Also the reason the ending was meh is because they didn't know they were canceled till mid season and actually had signed contracts for the first time to extend multiple years so they had to quick write a lot of the stuff

Solstis
Jun 25, 2007, 11:04 PM
I saw it months ago via internet (it aired on Sky in Canada [Britain?], or something a while back). It was pretty meh.

Alisha
Jun 26, 2007, 05:25 AM
but from what i understand the ori and carter as well as daniel are all going to go to Atlantis so not really a big deal.

thats awesome. unfortunately im only able to watch the shows in syndication so i'm way behind.

DurakkenX
Jun 26, 2007, 05:30 AM
you could always just magically have them appear from the tubes months early >.>