PDA

View Full Version : Odd? A tad?

Siegfried
Dec 17, 2002, 05:44 PM
I just finished the quest where you look for the Research team in Ruins 2 and 3 (Can't remember the name). After I had finished clearing out all the rooms, I went bac and forth to look for things I might have missed. There was an interesting finding. I went into the room after the large bridge-of-a-ship like room where you knock out the chick hearing the voices, and I walked up to the wall and there was a green line indicating an unloked door, only there was a wal in front of it. Not a clump of junk which is in front of the other locked doors, but just an insert wall for where a door might be. I stood there popping it with my gun but yo no avail. t even made the opening and closing sounds of the door. Anybody else experienced this, or know what to do to knock down the wall? Thanks in advance.

(BTW, sorry for no spacing, couldn't figure appropriate places to hit enter)

Advinus
Dec 17, 2002, 06:27 PM
Thats is a bit weird they may have just closed up the map used in the normal game and closed that route by just replacing it with a doorless wall and probally just didn't take out the door icon in the map

VulpesMundi
Dec 17, 2002, 08:55 PM
That has actually been around since version 1. There used to be old rumors that told of a Lavis Cannon hidden behind that door. In truth, as far as I know, there's nothing there. Each of the maps used in the quests is actually a standard map used during the normal gameplay edited as needed (Sonic Team take the time to completely program new maps? LMAO!!!). That particular map just happens to have a door there, but Sonic Team put a wall in front of it either by accident or on purpose. The standard map had boxes in that room if I remember correctly. I'm sure when cheat devices are released down the road someone will use a clipping code to look inside that room. People have done this in versions 1 and 2 and I've never heard of anyone finding anything in there. Just those false rumors.

Siegfried
Dec 19, 2002, 11:09 PM
I dread the day when PAR and/or Xploder (Or whatever CodeBreaker puts out) will be released. This is a fairly new and, from reading all these posts, a slghtly hard to come by, game. Can't have it ruined by having someone wander into a game and just cut strait to where I am and, POOF, PKed.