PDA

View Full Version : Fortegunner isn't auto-easy mode.

Uncle_bob
Jun 23, 2007, 10:52 PM
It's annoying seeing fortefighters bitching about "fortegunner is too easy ;_____;".

It's not all that fucking easy. Do you god damned whiny bitches have any idea how much of a pain in the ass it is to level up bullets? I can level up a melee PA on my Figunner 5 times in an hour with no problem, it takes up to an hour to level up a rifle bullet just once.

"BUT U DONT HAS TO MELEE ;____;"
No, we don't. And that's not our fault. But we do end up in close range anyway if we're doing our job right, which is shooting enemies in the back which causes them to target fortegunners instead. It's not fun being constantly trampled by laggy Gol Dolvas while keeping them Burned/Infected and trying to stay alive at the same time.

We have to be close to use shotguns and crossbows (Virus/Fire and Shock are great, right guys?) to get any results too.

";____; BUT-"
No. I'm done. Just because we're using guns doesn't mean our job is SUPAR EASY MOED. Stop whining that we need to be "nerfed". That wouldn't do anything to help you anyway. Do you really want SE4 burn and infect nerfed? Traps nerfed? Crossbows which spread SE3? We can't stay alive to support everyone else with our guns if our HP and DFP get raped.

Stop being stupid. If you don't play as a Fortegunner as your main character, you have no place to whine about how they're too easy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2007-06-23 20:53 ]</font>

Tykwa
Jun 24, 2007, 01:34 AM
Yes

My grenade bullets are taking forever, I havnt got the Ult PA but I will find out sooner or later.

Sophia
Jun 24, 2007, 09:41 AM
tell them to try yak zagenga, then they wont say it again

DonRoyale
Jun 24, 2007, 11:14 AM
Amen.

A fucking men.

Powder Keg
Jun 24, 2007, 12:35 PM
I always actually thought to myself that Rangers got nerfed iin the first place. Having all of your weapons PP based makes them tough. It's not like a Fortetecher where you're doing tons more damage and hitting way more enemies using less PP. ESPECIALLY WHILE SOLOING.

Overall, FT's have it way easier, but it depends upon the situation you're in sometimes.

PJ
Jun 24, 2007, 01:49 PM
They level slowly.

That's about it.

Otherwise, gunning is the easiest thing on the planet.

NOW I'll hear, "That means you're not doing it right!" No. It's still easy. Although nerfing the job would also be a dumb thing to do, cause then they'd be useless.

DonRoyale
Jun 24, 2007, 03:59 PM
On 2007-06-24 10:35, Artea wrote:
I always actually thought to myself that Rangers got nerfed iin the first place. Having all of your weapons PP based makes them tough. It's not like a Fortetecher where you're doing tons more damage and hitting way more enemies using less PP. ESPECIALLY WHILE SOLOING.

Overall, FT's have it way easier, but it depends upon the situation you're in sometimes.

Take into account these are Fighgunners and Fortefighters, the two 'easiest' classes, complaining about this.

It's because n00bs can't tech or gun, all they can do is fight. Gunning is 'boring' and 'hard', and hunting is 'easy' and 'fun'. But oh no, they have to whine when they stand back and take no damage.

A message to all n00bs who hate one class: PLAY THE CLASS FIRST.

DurakkenX
Jun 24, 2007, 05:15 PM
You really think fG isn't easy? wow... You must be like the worst player ever or just want to bitch.

The reason melee has it hard is because the damn melee system is broke... When I hit a mob with a bullet it gets pushed back, if i hit a mob with a technic it get's flinched and pushed back, if I hit a mob with a melee attack, strangly, i get hit back instead of them getting flinched... what's worse is that these attacks generally does 100+ dmg which is 1/14th of my total hp as a lvl 57/10FG CAST and 1/16th that my fF... I can only stand 16 standard hits from a mob and if i hit a mob i am most definately going to get hit in most cases, PLUS the mobs have thousands of HP meaning i'm more than likely going to have to hit it several more times...all of which means i'm going to get hit several more times as well which also means without a techer or a full stock of dimates and trimates to survive roughly 40 enemies...of course the standard number of enemies in a mission is 90+ But hey it's not difficult at all with just that... so lets add the fact most enemies in S rank have multi-hit barta with a pretty high connect rate which means your gonna get frozen and hit by the whole thing, plus another one prolly... and most also have megid which means while your getting smacked around and dodging that enemy in front of you or while your frozen and dying rapidly you also have to worry about the death ball hitting you from the back and to the side.

But now lets look at a Gunner or techer class...you see the enemy and you fire...they come towards you you back up. If they fire a spell at you you just move to the left or right or continue on backwards. Wow...sooooooo hard. The hardest thing that techers have to do is aiming and being stuck in place for a few second to cast a spell, but that's not very hard and even if you do get hit most times it doesn't stop the tech cast. Sure you have less HP and regular DFP, but if you're that close in most cases your a bad player or having a bad day or did something stupid. It's not cuz it's hard.

geee ranger sounds really hard...

Uncle_bob
Jun 24, 2007, 10:45 PM
On 2007-06-24 15:15, DurakkenX wrote:
You really think fG isn't easy? wow... You must be like the worst player ever or just want to bitch.

lolz

The reason melee has it hard is because the damn melee system is broke... When I hit a mob with a bullet it gets pushed back,

WRONG. I never said melee was easy. And you obviously don't know what the fuck you're talking about in regard to bullets. Only Rifle and Bow bullets push enemies back. Grenade bullets blow them back, and Mayalee Prism does the same if I'm not mistaken. Everything else just causes a slight flinch. The fact that you don't know this leads me to believe you don't have a fortegunner, which means you don't know shit about playing them.

if i hit a mob with a technic it get's flinched and pushed back, if I hit a mob with a melee attack, strangly, i get hit back instead of them getting flinched... what's worse is that these attacks generally does 100+ dmg which is 1/14th of my total hp as a lvl 57/10FG CAST and 1/16th that my fF... I can only stand 16 standard hits from a mob and if i hit a mob i am most definately going to get hit in most cases, PLUS the mobs have thousands of HP meaning i'm more than likely going to have to hit it several more times...all of which means i'm going to get hit several more times as well which also means without a techer or a full stock of dimates and trimates to survive roughly 40 enemies...of course the standard number of enemies in a mission is 90+ But hey it's not difficult at all with just that... so lets add the fact most enemies in S rank have multi-hit barta with a pretty high connect rate which means your gonna get frozen and hit by the whole thing, plus another one prolly... and most also have megid which means while your getting smacked around and dodging that enemy in front of you or while your frozen and dying rapidly you also have to worry about the death ball hitting you from the back and to the side.

Huge block of text. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

But now lets look at a Gunner or techer class...you see the enemy and you fire...they come towards you you back up.

Good luck trying this against GoVahras or enemies that are prone to charging. Again, this shows you know nothing about how to play Fortegunner.

If they fire a spell at you you just move to the left or right or continue on backwards. Wow...sooooooo hard. The hardest thing that techers have to do is aiming and being stuck in place for a few second to cast a spell, but that's not very hard and even if you do get hit most times it doesn't stop the tech cast. Sure you have less HP and regular DFP, but if you're that close in most cases your a bad player or having a bad day or did something stupid. It's not cuz it's hard.

When the fuck did I ever mention Forces? There's no reason to bring them up here. Sounds like you're the one just wanting to troll and bitch.

Go troll elsewhere, my point is still valid.

EphekZ
Jun 24, 2007, 10:58 PM
eh, while I do think rangers are the easiest, they are by far the most effective class. Why play a "hard" class, like a hunter, and not be helpful to the team when you can play an "easy" class and be very very helpful to the team.

Dre_o
Jun 24, 2007, 11:52 PM
1) Just for everyone who even thinks otherwise: PSU ONLINE WAS NOT MADE WITH SOLOING IN MIND. GO PLAY OFFLINE IF YOU WANT TO SOLO. WE DON'T NEED SOLO WHORES ONLINE SO STOP BRINGING STUPID SOLOING POINTS INTO CONVERSATIONS.

2) Everyone has their own way to play. Personally, I'm 90% Hunter with 10% Ranger. Why? Cause I like Double and Twin Sabers. Why do I say this? CAUSE I'M NOT A RANGER, THUS I DON'T BITCH ABOUT THEM. LEARN TO DO THE SAME.

3) There are a few exceptions to this. If a Force is using a low level Gifoie in a FIREBREAK mission, THEN you can complain at them. If a Ranger is bringing Enemies towards the group that you REALLY don't want coming towards you, THEN you can complain at them.

EDIT: And I believe I've broken one of my Thread Ninja Cardinal Rules....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2007-06-24 21:53 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Jun 25, 2007, 12:10 AM
So since you are avoiding everything expect one thing i guess i shall do the same...

WRONG. I never said melee was easy. And you obviously don't know what the fuck you're talking about in regard to bullets. Only Rifle and Bow bullets push enemies back. Grenade bullets blow them back, and Mayalee Prism does the same if I'm not mistaken. Everything else just causes a slight flinch. The fact that you don't know this leads me to believe you don't have a fortegunner, which means you don't know shit about playing them.

Most bullets as far as i have seen push the enemy back at least a little. Handguns, twin handguns, etc. does push back and make them flinch (like i said...good job on reading) I don't know about the force type bullets such as cards...and machine gun doesn't push an enemy back.

You contradict yourself and that makes your post invalid.

and Dre_o

Just for everyone who even thinks otherwise: PSU ONLINE WAS NOT MADE WITH SOLOING IN MIND.

It obviously was considering story mode in online mode and various other interviews and how the game is played. It's not well executed.

Powder Keg
Jun 25, 2007, 01:06 AM
On 2007-06-24 21:52, Dre_o wrote:
1) Just for everyone who even thinks otherwise: PSU ONLINE WAS NOT MADE WITH SOLOING IN MIND. GO PLAY OFFLINE IF YOU WANT TO SOLO. WE DON'T NEED SOLO WHORES ONLINE SO STOP BRINGING STUPID SOLOING POINTS INTO CONVERSATIONS.

This is useless to mention given the fact that you can't take your online character offline. Someone may want to hunt rares. Calm down, francis.

Soukosa
Jun 25, 2007, 01:58 AM
On 2007-06-24 22:10, DurakkenX wrote:
Most bullets as far as i have seen push the enemy back at least a little. Handguns, twin handguns, etc. does push back and make them flinch (like i said...good job on reading) I don't know about the force type bullets such as cards...and machine gun doesn't push an enemy back.

Flinching is related to how much damage you deal to them, likely in relation to their max HP. If you don't deal enough damage to cause them to flinch, which can take quite a bit on higher ranks, they're just gonna charge right at you as if you're doing nothing to them. If I were to take my lv 4x GT to a light end S rank, only the low HP enemies will flinch and only when I use a longbow, which doesn't allow for great movability while they run around at mach 1.

This applies to all means of damage, including melee and techs. Since techs tend to do alot of damage per hit, they're much more likely to cause flinching. Same will happen with a meleer that uses a strong weapon on an enemy.

Rangers have their challenge from not always being able to keep the enemies away from them and having quite a bit less in the way of defense than hunters. I think you need to go play one some more to see the perils of such a class. A hunter is easier since they have many ways to disable the enemy if they so choose to exercise such abilities on top of strong offensive and defensive stats.

The hardest thing that techers have to do is aiming and being stuck in place for a few second to cast a spell, but that's not very hard and even if you do get hit most times it doesn't stop the tech cast. Sure you have less HP and regular DFP, but if you're that close in most cases your a bad player or having a bad day or did something stupid. It's not cuz it's hard.

I think you need to spend some time with techers too or a rather decent techer. Many fortetechers use Gi techs which *gasp* puts you close to the enemy. But a fortetecher will know how to work with such, something that's not easy to pull off til you build up such skill.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 25, 2007, 03:11 AM
fG is easy for 100 reasons, and you complaining that bullets take such a long time to level is not valid.

You can function as a fG with 4 bullets

Fire or Dark rifle
Fire or Dark crossbow
Ice twin handgun, or rifle
any mechgun (probaby ice)

spear, saber and dagger will almost level themselves, and you get the ATP to use great melee weapons early. Any elemental hole you have you can fill we these weapons. volfu? buten. varha? rising strike. Polhavara? Fire/Dark rifle Everyone also seems to forget all gunners have increased crit rates too.

DFP is meaningless, with 'decent' armor (24%+), and you have high HP. Store bought teroline, and gigaline are more than adequate for most misions I've been on, and midiline can be synthed for minimal expense.

High EVP means getting hit less anyway. High stamina for the females means less SE worries as well.

The only easier class than ForteGunner is FiGunner.

DurakkenX
Jun 25, 2007, 04:26 AM
Sounomi I have to say that is clearly not so as in my observations... and if it is the flinch is set too high... the primary reason it needs to be there is for melee types. Ranged types don't need the flinch.

I hate playing tech types personally...mainly cuz i suck at aiming techs and yes there are a lot that use gi-techs but that is their choice to use...melee characters really don't get a choice.

MrNomad
Jun 25, 2007, 07:36 AM
Fortegunner IS the easiest class, dont lie. Sure they do crap dmg and their bullet se are pretty much useless, but then again they'll never hafta fight up close ever, unless they're trying to be a multitasker and use a shotgun. And lol at using the "BUT ALL OUR GUNS USE PP!!!!1" excuse, like a gunner carries only one gun at a time.

amtalx
Jun 25, 2007, 08:08 AM

The reason melee has it hard is because the damn melee system is broke... When I hit a mob with a bullet it gets pushed back, if i hit a mob with a technic it get's flinched and pushed back, if I hit a mob with a melee attack, strangly, i get hit back instead of them getting flinched... what's worse is that these attacks generally does 100+ dmg which is 1/14th of my total hp as a lvl 57/10FG CAST and 1/16th that my fF... I can only stand 16 standard hits from a mob and if i hit a mob i am most definately going to get hit in most cases, PLUS the mobs have thousands of HP meaning i'm more than likely going to have to hit it several more times...all of which means i'm going to get hit several more times as well which also means without a techer or a full stock of dimates and trimates to survive roughly 40 enemies...of course the standard number of enemies in a mission is 90+ But hey it's not difficult at all with just that... so lets add the fact most enemies in S rank have multi-hit barta with a pretty high connect rate which means your gonna get frozen and hit by the whole thing, plus another one prolly... and most also have megid which means while your getting smacked around and dodging that enemy in front of you or while your frozen and dying rapidly you also have to worry about the death ball hitting you from the back and to the side.

But now lets look at a Gunner or techer class...you see the enemy and you fire...they come towards you you back up. If they fire a spell at you you just move to the left or right or continue on backwards. Wow...sooooooo hard. The hardest thing that techers have to do is aiming and being stuck in place for a few second to cast a spell, but that's not very hard and even if you do get hit most times it doesn't stop the tech cast. Sure you have less HP and regular DFP, but if you're that close in most cases your a bad player or having a bad day or did something stupid. It's not cuz it's hard.

A number of things you said in that post were plain wrong, translation...WAAAAAAAH!!!!

Every class is easy if you suck at it. If you are truly PLAYING your class, it should not be easy, no matter what class you are.

Sophia
Jun 25, 2007, 09:55 AM
On 2007-06-24 23:58, Sounomi wrote:

Flinching is related to how much damage you deal to them, likely in relation to their max HP. If you don't deal enough damage to cause them to flinch, which can take quite a bit on higher ranks, they're just gonna charge right at you as if you're doing nothing to them. If I were to take my lv 4x GT to a light end S rank, only the low HP enemies will flinch and only when I use a longbow, which doesn't allow for great movability while they run around at mach 1.

This applies to all means of damage, including melee and techs. Since techs tend to do alot of damage per hit, they're much more likely to cause flinching. Same will happen with a meleer that uses a strong weapon on an enemy.

Uhh, no. Damage has nothing to do with it(as long as you do over 0). Its about weapon type and enemy type.
Rifle will always push back an enemy as long as its an enemy type that can be pushed back. Mechs, twins, handgun etc will make a visual flinch but it doesnt affect the enemies movement at all. The same applies for techs and melee.
There are a few exceptions: C rank games, story mode missions and Bruce dungeon(all difficulties). Here rifle will behave like normally, but mechs etc will get a slightly shorter push back on normal enemies, AND for some reason can flinch kog nadd.

On 2007-06-24 23:58, Sounomi wrote:
I think you need to spend some time with techers too or a rather decent techer.

I think you need to spend some time playing the game. Spreading false information is NOT appreciated -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sophia on 2007-06-25 15:31 ]</font>

Mystil
Jun 25, 2007, 05:29 PM
Fortfighter is actually easier than Fortegunner.

And xxxgunner isn't easy. Not even Guntecher. The thing that makes gunner classes hard is the fact that they gain a lot of enmity. I spent more time running from monsters as GT than I ever did as a FT and FF :/. Infact, monsters ignore the shit out of FF's.

Dammit, now I miss being a GT -.-.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-06-25 15:30 ]</font>

Uncle_bob
Jun 26, 2007, 01:05 AM

Wut. Yea, keep shooting at S/SS rank enemies with a pistol, that'll make them stop. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Sounomi I have to say that is clearly not so as in my observations... and if it is the flinch is set too high... the primary reason it needs to be there is for melee types. Ranged types don't need the flinch.

Why not? A good ranger with a rifle will keep barta and megid spamming enemies flenching. I guess you'd rather be spammed by barta and megid though.

Don't get me wrong though, hunters need it too. I don't know why the decided to fuck hunters over in S rank missions by only making the last hit of a regular combo cause enemies to flench.

On 2007-06-25 05:36, MrNomad wrote:
Fortegunner IS the easiest class, dont lie. Sure they do crap dmg and their bullet se are pretty much useless, but then again they'll never hafta fight up close ever, unless they're trying to be a multitasker and use a shotgun. And lol at using the "BUT ALL OUR GUNS USE PP!!!!1" excuse, like a gunner carries only one gun at a time.

I'm not lying. You're a fortefighter, that explains a lot. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Play Fortegunner for a while before you make asinine assumptions. Fortegunners can do pretty good damage, their bullets are NOT useless (gotta love level 4 Burn and Infect. Better than just plinking and hacking away at a Gol Dolva or other large enemy for about 10 minutes until it dies.)

Fortegunners also have to fight up close quite often. Shotgun and Crossbows require it. Also, enemies are more prone to targetting gunners shooting at them repeatedly, so we're usually being chased around by shit while the other classes take that opportunity to strike the enemy from behind with a 100% hit rate. See how shit is all supposed to work together?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2007-06-25 23:13 ]</font>

Mayu
Jun 26, 2007, 01:22 AM
-_- Both classes require to press a button

therefor both are easy! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

But really, I don't see you guys in easy mode lol

Your job in my opinion is to kill Flying bird things

and add SE effects to big enemies lol - Traps rifle SE http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Oh Fortefighter in my opinion is the easiest class <.<, Just spam my PA button http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif and I do 400000000 dmg!! yay!, mobs hit me and yeah they hurt oh well trimate go! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif <.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-06-25 23:39 ]</font>

amtalx
Jun 26, 2007, 11:06 AM
On 2007-06-25 23:22, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:

Oh Fortefighter in my opinion is the easiest class <.<, Just spam my PA button http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif and I do 400000000 dmg!! yay!, mobs hit me and yeah they hurt oh well trimate go! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif <.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-06-25 23:39 ]</font>

LOL

Mayu
Jun 26, 2007, 05:24 PM
What it's true http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif