PDA

View Full Version : Site/Topic Loading Errors

Sord
Jun 24, 2007, 11:16 AM
lately a lot of topics have been coming up as "deleted user" and not displaying posts at much lower post counts then previously. It now seems to occur around 250 rather than above 1k.

Also, more recently, I get white error pages every so often that say this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: is_banned() in /hsphere/local/home/pso-worl/pso-world.com/auth.php on line 103

last time I checked I wasn't banned, but I really doubt that's the kind of banned it's talking about.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 24, 2007, 11:21 AM
I got all of those and a php load error or something...

Ryna
Jun 24, 2007, 11:22 AM
Due to the database server hiccups lately, you'll probably see some additional "Deleted User" errors. If you come across one like that, let me know and I'll lock it.

As for the second error message, I was updating some site code earlier. You'll get strange messages sometime when the update is taking place.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 24, 2007, 11:27 AM
Okay.

At least PSOW isnt gonna shut down http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sord
Jun 24, 2007, 11:31 AM
what's been causing the server hiccups? overload of requests? or does PSOW run on a company owned server you don't actually have access to and thus don't know?

Ryna
Jun 24, 2007, 11:33 AM
On 2007-06-24 09:31, Sord wrote:
what's been causing the server hiccups? overload of requests? or does PSOW run on a company owned server you don't actually have access to and thus don't know?

PSO-World is hosted by Gamespy. We are generally in the dark on server hiccups. However, things seem to cleared over the last couple of days.

Sord
Jun 24, 2007, 11:36 AM
i had noticed it was moved to gamespy, previously it was on planetdreamcast, when was the switch made? after the launch of PSU I suppose?

Ryna
Jun 24, 2007, 11:45 AM
On 2007-06-24 09:36, Sord wrote:
i had noticed it was moved to gamespy, previously it was on planetdreamcast, when was the switch made? after the launch of PSU I suppose?

Planetdreamcast was also a part of the Gamespy network. We moved to our current server about 18 months ago.