PDA

View Full Version : Is Duping considered cheating or just an in-game glitch?

Xenoreaper
Jun 24, 2007, 06:41 PM
Just wondering about this prolly been answered before. Some people think that if you can do something in a game without using a cheating device then it is ok. Personally i think that it is cheating because it is something that you can not find or do by just playing the game. Someone or some site has to tell you how to do it. I don't know please tell me your opinions on this.

whitexdragon
Jun 24, 2007, 08:30 PM
cheating

Banish
Jun 29, 2007, 01:46 PM
I would consider it cheating, it sure is not normal...!

SStrikerR
Jun 30, 2007, 04:29 PM
chaeting, cheater cheater pumpkin eater, ur pants r on fire u lier d00dz!!!!

Chuck_Norris
Jul 2, 2007, 02:52 AM
It's not cheating IMO, Cheating for me is useing AR max Gamrshark etc, or changing the game code to make it do what you want.

Tweengo
Jul 2, 2007, 10:54 AM
Good for making back-ups of rares on different memory cards.

Kion
Jul 3, 2007, 12:04 AM
In game exploit that's frowned upon

majorgamer55
Jul 3, 2007, 03:50 PM
um cheating duh! beacuse you dupe lets say a heaven punisher, you then can trade it fr other rares which arent really urs since u duped the originals. . .

Ryralane
Jul 6, 2007, 04:36 PM
Basically, cheating is giving yourself an unfair advantage over other players.
Exploiting in-game glitches is giving yourself an unfair advantage.

Therefore...
In-Game Glitch=Cheat

zentetsua
Jul 7, 2007, 11:04 PM
i m opposed 2 what most of u say. a glitch is an in game defect that wasn't fixed or properly checked/tested. so i say that exploiting in game glitches isn't cheating it's a processing error u didn't make, so feel free 2 capitolize it. real cheating is done w/ emulators, Ar max, code breaker, game genie, and gameshark 2 bend the program 2 your will so u always have the advantage no matter what. btw i'm a hardcore cheater so i know my way around cheat devices. on top of everything else my cousin who is a serious techno buff confirms this. what a topic i applaude u for making me talk so much! btw (again) this is my biggest post ever.

just how many ppl know how to dupe anyway?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zentetsua on 2007-07-09 01:05 ]</font>

XenithFlare
Jul 8, 2007, 09:54 AM
If anyone has ever used the blank spots in Plain's Overlord, your opposing opinion is null and void. =D

I personally think that exploiting a glitch in the game should only be considered cheating based on what you're exploiting. Duping items? Yes. Duping money? Not necessarily, but close.

kohle
Jul 8, 2007, 03:53 PM
Yes, duping items is cheating, but it's not necessarily gaining an *unfair* advantage, since anyone can do it.
Duping money falls in a gray area.... you could keep creating new characters and taking their money; so effectively, you can always have an infinite supply of money (but it would take forever to get any useful amount).

Xenoreaper
Jul 11, 2007, 08:05 PM
what if you don't play online would you consider it cheating then?

Tweengo
Jul 13, 2007, 12:30 PM
I'm offline only, but I would consider it cheating if I was online and someone offered me a Sealed J-Sword for say, a Fatsia to add to their rare list, then I can just go off and dupe it for a free Sealed J-Sword http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif But I personally see duping as a way of backing up rares across memory cards in case of a corruption. Happened twice so far thanks to my brothers turning off whilst saving on the card we shared. And one time the game wouldn't let me save for no reason at all after finding a Red Sword and Demo Comet, even though I was using the original and official memory card. Came up with that 'original card not detected' message, and I had to turn off without saving, and when I checked the PSO files, one was called 'yyyyyyyyyy'. It fixed itself though after I loaded the game back up. I reckon PSO should relax the rule on duping for PSO for XBOX and 'Cube as they're both dead, and allow people to at least create links for duping guides. Wouldn't hurt PSU as that's a different game, and PLUS and BB don't allow it anyway. At least then people can plan for back-up rares, well on the 'Cube anyway, but that's just my opinion. And I agree with zentetsua, it's a glitch and should be exploited, 'specially if you do it for the same reason I do.

Altavista
Jul 15, 2007, 05:25 AM
Then im gonna get hated, becouse we cant play online so i bought AR max lol. Then i wont have to dupe.