PDA

View Full Version : CAST GT...shotgun or mechs?

DreamLocke
Jun 25, 2007, 12:56 AM
I like shotguns, but I have a crossbow now.

We S-rank mechs and they're usefull to GT's being one-handed. With their ATA and buffs, cast GT's can make them shine.

I just like the shotgun, but I'm not as mobile as I am w/ the crossbow. It does smack 5 times and is great with Shock, usually inflicting an SE on at least one of the mobs when grouped together.

But I'm trying to level my bullets so I can only have one slot reserved for either...

Bow (fire, ice, later dark)
?
Dualies (Bulletmaster w/ice)
Crossbow (fire, maybe shock) wand(resta/rev.)
Card (dark) wand (buffs)
Card (ice) wand (debuffs)

SolomonGrundy
Jun 25, 2007, 01:01 AM
if you are in a larger party, shotgun is a great weapon. for small parties and solo, its enarly useless.

ashley50
Jun 25, 2007, 03:11 AM
where's your Rifle? O.O?

amtalx
Jun 25, 2007, 07:48 AM
It just depends on what you need right now. Machinguns are the best at Mid-range DPS. Shotguns are good for double-shotting small mobs and multi-hitpoint enemies. Both are good.

Revolt2origin
Jun 25, 2007, 08:55 AM
I prefer Machineguns while playing as my Cast GT. Good for powering an SUV.
I gave up using Shotguns long ago, don't even have enough room for Twin Handguns atm.

DreamLocke
Jun 25, 2007, 01:15 PM
On 2007-06-25 01:11, ashley50 wrote:
where's your Rifle? O.O?

I want to get an SE4 going as quickly as possible and bow bullets level quickly. I'm not concerned with DPS, just sticking an SE. Plus it's armor-piercing and GTs will S-rank it in AoI.

Kion
Jun 25, 2007, 09:15 PM
Go mechs. GT is a mobile mid-to-ling range class. Twin handguns aleady have the same SE and higher %, so you're talking the same damage at a distance. Levelled mech do massive amounts of damage and being able to pair them with a saber or wand makes them deadly.

Hrith
Jun 26, 2007, 08:15 AM
Shotguns deal more damage than machineguns, and much more damage than twin handguns.

GT can use S grade machineguns, though, so I'd probably pick machineguns.

DreamLocke
Jun 26, 2007, 09:02 AM
Thanks; I went with mechs.

As a GT I'm pretty mobile, buffing, debuffing, healing when I have to...so I have to be a bit light on my feet. Only time I plant my feet is when I'm trying to stick an SE with a bow, but I'm usually a safe distance away when I do that.

I got a good deal on some grinded Beam Vulcans and I didn't like them at first until someone in my party told me I they were doing a lot more damage than I thought. (I was discouraged at the "low" numbers per hit until I realized to multiply them by 3 every second.)

I wish they would bring back twin mechs like in PSO...man those rocked.

Akaimizu
Jun 26, 2007, 09:10 AM
Twin Handguns are both surgical and quickly spread. It's more of a weapon for precise control. On the other hand, the fastest repeating mid-long distance weapon in the game. Mech guns are great short-mid ones, though. Still, case in point, both are good at monster distration (in most cases). Twin Gunnies get their attention faster since you can do it from far away. They get very good elemental percentages, all around, at their end game. Especially when you consider their rate of fire. Level 30 Ice Twins hit fire guys like anvils. If you were Power/Charged. Yikes.

And I hear you on Twin Mechguns. If they were in this game......Well, I'd think the GTs would switch places with FiGunners in the controversial power-talks just on one weapon alone.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-26 07:17 ]</font>

Hrith
Jun 26, 2007, 09:15 AM
What is "precise control", exactly? >_>

Akaimizu
Jun 26, 2007, 09:18 AM
Being able to pick out exact monsters to hit quickly, like a handgun, and also have the ability to zoom and target weakpoints.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-26 07:19 ]</font>

Alpha-Hunter
Jun 26, 2007, 09:21 AM
X bows hit so hard at 21+ i barely use my dualies now (except for boss' where they kill) let alone a shotty or a mech. X bows hit almost as hard as shotties and spread SE's just as well as mech with the added bonus of SE3! And it's also one of our S ranks!

I also use bow instead of rifles. having the defense ignore and equal SE lv as rifles really pays off. who cares about the firing rate when you're so far away when using them. but I do need to level my killer shot though (still at lv 8 ). it's worth it to keep a few neudaiz rifles on you for killer shot!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alpha-Hunter on 2007-06-26 07:22 ]</font>

DreamLocke
Jun 26, 2007, 09:36 AM
Duallies made me want to be GT in the first place...

I made an alt to compliment my WT and I fell in love with twin handguns the moment I fired them. Now my GT is my main...lol. I pull them out when I need something to die quickly.

Still getting used to mechs...I'm used to the precision of duallies. But they rock when paired with a melee weapon. I'm thinking about leveling rising strike again so I can put mobs on their backs and light them up with the mechs.

I kind of miss the shottie, but I know they would see less and less "trigger-time" the more I play. Eventually my x-bow will outshine them, and I am able to stay mobile while applying big damage and SE's with them.

Arieta
Jun 26, 2007, 09:37 AM
I agree that xbows are quite a nice weapon... BUT you have to deal with their really low range. If you think you can survive being close to point blank go for it. They don't shine until they get to 21+ plus since that's when they get the 3rd bullet. They shoot in a wide V pattern, so unless you're close you'll miss some of the shots.

My only grip with Mechs is how fast they can go their charge, even more so since they don't regen while being fired unlike the other ranged weapons. Might not seem like a big deal, but it adds up.

DreamLocke
Jun 26, 2007, 09:54 AM
On 2007-06-26 07:37, Arieta wrote:
I agree that xbows are quite a nice weapon... BUT you have to deal with their really low range. If you think you can survive being close to point blank go for it. They don't shine until they get to 21+ plus since that's when they get the 3rd bullet. They shoot in a wide V pattern, so unless you're close you'll miss some of the shots.

My only grip with Mechs is how fast they can go their charge, even more so since they don't regen while being fired unlike the other ranged weapons. Might not seem like a big deal, but it adds up.

Yeah, I know I have to be pretty much right in their face to hit with the tight spread of the X-bow. That's why I have a resta wand in the other hand.

With the Shottie, if I get smacked I have to disengage and switch weapons. I'm also stuck in the "pumping animation" for a split second.

Mechs drain PP fast but if they didn't they'd be broken. Theyre' meant for massive short-term DPS or when you absolutely must hit everything in the goddamn room http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Akaimizu
Jun 26, 2007, 09:57 AM
On 2007-06-26 07:54, DreamLocke wrote:

On 2007-06-26 07:37, Arieta wrote:

Yeah, I know I have to be pretty much right in their face to hit with the tight spread of the X-bow. That's why I have a resta wand in the other hand.

With the Shottie, if I get smacked I have to disengage and switch weapons. I'm also stuck in the "pumping animation" for a split second.

Mechs drain PP fast but if they didn't they'd be broken. Theyre' meant for massive short-term DPS or when you absolutely must hit everything in the goddamn room http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

That's why CASTS might find the X-bow a nicer weapon. They are extra resilient compared to a Human, and can survive the short range better. In way too many cases, a Human GT has to deal with Instant death at close range and thus that Resta wand (or even a Trimate) does nothing with that much risk. They wouldn't survive to use it. At the higher levels, there's plenty of times where I choose the Twin Handgun route for three reasons. One to be able to stand back away from death, still pop them for lots of damage, and, last but not least, to actually drill choice monsters fast enough that all they want to kill is me. I can definitely do the dodging detail, but I'd rather do it at long range. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Yep, they can one shot or two shot combo me dead, but since I have to dodge everything anyway, might as well make the odds better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-26 08:00 ]</font>

amtalx
Jun 26, 2007, 11:00 AM
The Machinegun PP drain is pretty bad, but if you have the cash just buy/synth a big pile of them. You'll still pay at the Photon Crystal but it will save you money on chargers.

panzer_unit
Jun 26, 2007, 11:10 AM
... just don't spend too much on your guns! The 200k you pay for a spare Drumline can buy a LOT of photon charges.

amtalx
Jun 26, 2007, 12:17 PM
Indeed, and don't buy a Drumline either. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif If PP is your concern get Beam Vulcanics. They are cheaper than 9*s (if you're not getting ripped off) and 2 grinds will bring the PP over 1000. The difference in damage is negligible and the PP gain more than makes up for it.

DreamLocke
Jun 26, 2007, 12:26 PM
Beam Vulcanics are frickin' expensive in the player shops (360). I could only afford a Beam Vulcan+1 with about 800 PP. Should be fine for a while I think. Mechs aren't my mainline gun anyway so I don't plan on stacking them.

Midicronica
Jun 26, 2007, 04:32 PM
On 2007-06-26 10:26, DreamLocke wrote:
Beam Vulcanics are frickin' expensive in the player shops (360). I could only afford a Beam Vulcan+1 with about 800 PP. Should be fine for a while I think. Mechs aren't my mainline gun anyway so I don't plan on stacking them.

Yeah, no doubt. I was looking for a Beam Vulcanic yesterday and the cheapest I saw was 289k. That's alright though, because I found a [B] Drumline off the one of the Tirentos while playing a few runs of Desert Goliath later that day.

I also spotted a BlackBull in someones shop while looking for a Beam Vulcanic. I had to double-take on that. XD

Eh, I don't use shotguns or mechs on this character. There's just a much better alternative to them.(Crossbow)I've begun to use my Twin Handguns less and less since I've gotten my Xbow bullets to 21+. I pretty much only use them for Twin Mayalee.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Moses on 2007-06-26 14:33 ]</font>

shotsfired
Jun 26, 2007, 07:01 PM
On 2007-06-26 14:32, Shadow_Moses wrote:

Yeah, no doubt. I was looking for a Beam Vulcanic yesterday and the cheapest I saw was 289k. That's alright though, because I found a [B] Drumline off the one of the Tirentos while playing a few runs of Desert Goliath later that day.

I also spotted a BlackBull in someones shop while looking for a Beam Vulcanic. I had to double-take on that. XD

Eh, I don't use shotguns or mechs on this character. There's just a much better alternative to them.(Crossbow)I've begun to use my Twin Handguns less and less since I've gotten my Xbow bullets to 21+. I pretty much only use them for Twin Mayalee.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Moses on 2007-06-26 14:33 ]</font>

you saw a blackbull?! do you remember whose shop?

Midicronica
Jun 27, 2007, 04:21 AM
On 2007-06-26 17:01, shotsfired wrote:

On 2007-06-26 14:32, Shadow_Moses wrote:

you saw a blackbull?! do you remember whose shop?

Yeah, it was "Honesty" 's shop.