PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt Files

Chronos
Dec 17, 2002, 11:37 PM
I got a message that came up when I started my gc to play pso that said there were some corrupt files and asked if I wished to earase all the corrupt files. I told it to earase all of the corrupt stuff and it earased all the pso data except the hunters license. Then a few days later my freind got the same message and all his data got earased to. How does this happen and how can i get around it?

Tavia
Dec 18, 2002, 12:38 PM
I have seen people say around here that deleting your Guild Card file may eliminate the need to completely remove your character, if that is the only file that is corrupt. Also, some people have received that message, removed their memory card, put it back in, and then proceeded to load their characters without any difficulty.

I can't offer any personal advice, as I haven't dealt with a corrupt character warning yet, neither on the DC or the GC. However, I'm sure some others will chime in if there are more routes to take.

RagMasterRappy
Dec 18, 2002, 12:46 PM
If you get this message ..
1.) Take out memory card, and reinsert it if that doesn't work
2.) Turn off the system and then turn it back on after a little while with the memory card inserted

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RagMasterRappy on 2002-12-18 09:47 ]</font>

lukeskyracer
Jul 13, 2003, 10:56 AM
Its not working, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Logical2u
Jul 13, 2003, 11:20 AM
There is one way to avoid deleting corrupted characters. Or so they say. (I have not tried this)

1. If you get a 'corrupted data' error, remove your memory card.
2. Boot up PSO
3. Go to offline multiplayer. However, have a non corrupted memory card in the first slot and your corrupted one in your hand.
4. as it starts to load, switch your non-corrupted card with your working card (the corrupted one goes into the gc) and select a character of the new memory card..
5. The game should let you play and save with a corrupted character.

Darkphlame
Jul 13, 2003, 10:12 PM
Yes I Heard That The Last Way Posted Works.. But Ive Only Been BSODed Not Corrupted So I Cant Check it..

martian_man
Jul 14, 2003, 02:31 PM
if its online its double save fault http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bondage.gif

voxie
Jul 22, 2003, 05:32 PM
Hey, I heard that a lot off non-official memory cards are being corrupted online, is that true?

I haven't been online yet, but I have my lv 95 hunewearl on a Flash Memory Card and I don't want to lose her ^_^;;

My friend had a 4Gamers memory card and his card was corrupted right away.. If anyone has details, please let me know http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Fojar
Jul 23, 2003, 03:29 AM
i've heard the official ones work better, but don't qoute me.