PDA

View Full Version : For all you hardcore players interested in item findings and

LollipopLolita
Dec 17, 2002, 11:51 PM
check this plan out

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=36147&forum=8&start=0&3

PSO_LEGEND
Dec 20, 2002, 01:24 AM
Heh..thanks for the Info! Good Idea!

TeamPhalanx
Dec 20, 2002, 06:39 PM
It's a nice idea, but... 25 isn't really a valid number. 250 is more ball park... You'd need about 500-1000 runs to make a really good list - Needless to say, there's a problem in doing that.

LollipopLolita
Dec 20, 2002, 07:18 PM
yes phalanx we know this, it was part of the discussion, but no one wants to play 100 laps... so 25 is a start

Blade_1
Dec 24, 2002, 05:08 AM
I'd be willing to do 100 laps http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif In fact i'll join up now.

harmfulcow
Dec 31, 2002, 09:50 PM
id gladly help but i could probably only do 1 difficulty, oh and good luck trying to find people to do the caves

Auracom
Jan 3, 2003, 07:32 PM
I'm so hyped i wanna do this but i can't get online!!!!!

ARGH http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

When i do get online i'll message you guys

pixelate
Jan 3, 2003, 10:37 PM
On 2003-01-03 16:32, Auracom wrote:
I'm so hyped i wanna do this but i can't get online!!!!!

ARGH http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

When i do get online i'll message you guys

You can still do this offline. Most of my laps are done offline.

Elsydeon
Jan 4, 2003, 07:29 AM
Hmmmm... Yeah 25 does sound a bit small.

Boozie
Jan 7, 2003, 12:21 AM
Ok, here's what I'm doing!

25 laps of forest on Ultimate. w/ my lvl. 109 RAmar.

I'll give you all the results in a while! but stay tuned!

Boozie
Jan 7, 2003, 12:21 AM
sry for double posting, but im also a GREENIL id

God-Slayer
Jan 8, 2003, 03:43 PM
I'm doing Redria Caves V.Hard. I know there's a lot of Redria info already, but it's my section ID, can't help it ^_^. I'll post results as I go.

Dainslef
HUcast Redria (lvl 62 atm)

rappyX
Jan 19, 2003, 10:43 PM
WHO NOs how to get the dark flow i nead perfect info on how to get it ples i looked online evry where but it whont tell all about how to get it SOMEONE HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Killawookie
Jan 29, 2003, 09:26 PM
I would like to help but I'm still alittle confused.... could you post what we are going to need in the report again?

Oh yea, I'm Bluefull/FONewearl/Level 76 in Very Hard Ruins/Name: Nature

demonknight
Feb 4, 2003, 07:54 AM
heya im willing to do 100+ laps,put me in the whole that you need, i will be any color on any difficulty, in any place

spyder101
Feb 7, 2003, 12:53 PM
I'm willing to do 25 laps in Very Hard caves
I am a level 79 Humar Yelloboze.

Jackpot
Feb 7, 2003, 05:35 PM
Everyones still doing this right? lol I've done 10 ult ruins runs with my pinkal id so far. Another week or so and I'll share my findings.

LollipopLolita
Feb 7, 2003, 05:37 PM
yeah it's still going on, pixel is collecting reports and giving it to me to format

spyder101
Feb 7, 2003, 09:08 PM
I know this is a bit early to be posting my findings, but here they are:

Very Hard Caves-Yellowboze
-----------------------------------------------------
Caves 1
Grass Assassin -Grass Assassins arms
box-amplifier of anti
pal shark-Wals MK2
box-photon drop
box-luck mat
poison lily-last survivor
box-def mat
poison lily-def mat
box-evade mat
Caves 2
box-mind mat
nano dragon-double saber
evil shark-mind mat
Caves 3
box-varista
box-club of laconium
BOSS(De Rol Le)-Mahu
Ill try to keep posting my finding for the rest of this week and next week too.

pixelate
Feb 11, 2003, 12:37 AM
Yep, yep. Don't think I've forgotten about these. In the last week or so a few reports have landed in my Inbox. When we have a good, solid number of finished reports submitted, we'll figure out how to format the reports for publishing, and then publish 'em.

Don't worry. Your work won't go unnoticed. ^___^

Blood_Dragoon
Feb 12, 2003, 03:56 AM
Sounds fun.
I suppose I'll do the mines, caves or ruins. I'll be sure to post the Name, difficulty, and ID of the characters with the lists.

I could end up anywhere depending on my mood. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Currently doing Whitill Caves Hard mode. . .

So far I have come to the conclusion that I will have about a million Slicer of Assassins when I'm done. . .

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blood_Dragoon on 2003-02-13 01:10 ]</font>

PinkyBloodyArt
Feb 13, 2003, 07:10 AM
I know that this may be a little late, But I have been playing PSO from early DC days and I believe That I have noticed that Rare frequency might be related to your CHARS hours (or all those in an online game). You seem also to get token rares at certian milestones 50, 100, 250, 500 hours. Has anyelse noted this?????????

Abaddon
Feb 22, 2003, 05:43 AM
Well after 100 hours of playing offline i don't have many rares to show, so it probably isn't related to the time spent on a character.

Or it might be just my bad luck.
I wouldn't mind getting into PSO again actually...if someone's happy to dump a GC and a modem on me i'll be right there ^_^

NodMan
Feb 28, 2003, 03:21 AM
I have ran into 10 Pal Rappys and i have 68 LCK and they havent drop me anything but mesta(Pinkal)

NodMan
Feb 28, 2003, 03:24 AM
Hey PinkyBloodyArt if that is right how come i have gotten jack with my Grennil Ranger 1000plus hours?!?

pixelate
Mar 1, 2003, 05:04 AM
On 2003-02-28 00:21, NodMan wrote:
I have ran into 10 Pal Rappys and i have 68 LCK and they havent drop me anything but mesta(Pinkal)

LCK only affects how often your special attack works, not your chances of finding rares.

Gemini405
Mar 1, 2003, 04:45 PM
This sounds interesting... so do you just report when you find a rare..or "EVERYTHING"? If so, I can do a VH Mines run with a 115 HUmar (Grennil).. prolly won't have time till after work Sunday but I could...I 'll check back for a response later this evening.. or email me if someone could and explain this too me again ... ha ha [email protected] and make sure you get my attention in the subject if you do

gamerdude
Mar 1, 2003, 05:15 PM
I'll take Ultimate Forest. I'm a Whitill, Level 98, Humar.

PalRappies_go_splat
Mar 1, 2003, 07:57 PM
lol i cant rally do much rite now since i started over on the GC ver. and i screwed my DC ver but ill take one of these as soon as i level up some... so far i got a lvl 30 =( not gettin that far since i got school... if u still doin this during summer break ill prolly b 100+ damn school sux...

Blood_Dragoon
Mar 2, 2003, 06:12 PM
On 2003-03-01 02:04, pixelate wrote:

On 2003-02-28 00:21, NodMan wrote:

LCK only affects how often your special attack works, not your chances of finding rares.

LCK also seems to effect your critical hit rate.

CrazyJ
Mar 8, 2003, 05:18 AM
On 2003-02-28 00:21, Various peeps wrote:

--

--

LCK also seems to effect your critical hit rate.

Here's a theory for the masses to ponder:

LUCK affects your Special Attack. It also increases your CRITICAL hitting ability.

What if getting a critical hit leads to more rare drops? Another Pso-World poster had brought this up in another topic; that getting a critical hit on a monster leads to more red boxes.

It would therfore be concluded that your LUCK stat DOES have an affect on your rare finding ability.

Thoughts?

EDIT: of course this theory begs the question: If my character Crazy J had 100 Luck on the Dreamcast Version of PSO along with over 600 hours played, then why was his best finds 3 Twin Brands and a Berdysh?

EDIT #2: Upon further consideration I realized that I never really used my Special Attacks back on Ver 1 or 2 and have only recently used special attacks with any degree of sucess (thank you 50% hit Mechs!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CrazyJ on 2003-03-08 02:26 ]</font>

Jedi5400
Mar 9, 2003, 06:48 PM
Hey, i'm only a lvl 28 hunewearl, but can i take something on normal? My section id is virida. In multi mode i did find a db saber, but that's it. So do you still need help?

Kanon
Mar 11, 2003, 03:58 PM
lol i would join that 100 laps just need to get me in a good sunday or something just IM or something if you actually going to do it and we make up the date and go for those 100 or even more laps Im up for it!!!!

LollipopLolita
Mar 22, 2003, 05:37 PM
Pixel and I started compiling the reports and I have started putting up these reports. You can find them under guides: excavation reports sorted out by ID

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php

Here's one example

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=804

Blitz-Blade77
Mar 23, 2003, 01:22 PM
hiya all...i did find something weird...on my beat time from 950 to 250 i found 3 PD, full grinders and a few rare weapons
but i tryed it last night but didnt find anything
if any other Redria can try it out and it not only me

im a Redria Humar rdy to help out u guys
i can do any mode (doing the mines ATM)lvl 114

ill make a list in the Mines when i make 10-15 runs

talk to ya laters

Blitz-Blade77