http://www.abcnews.go.com/Sports/Story?id=3315501&page=2

this is too sad

RIP Rabbid Wolverine

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Luis on 2007-06-25 21:22 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Jun 25, 2007, 11:18 PM
number 1... it's rabbid wolverine...not rabbit
number 2... this has already been posted

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DurakkenX on 2007-06-25 21:18 ]</font>

Sekani
Jun 26, 2007, 02:34 AM
It's "rabid". Don't correct someone's spelling if you can't get it right yourself, sheesh.

This is that other thread (http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=144850&forum=9&start=20&33), since it was easy to miss (no sarcasm intended) because it was about something else.

Kent
Jun 26, 2007, 06:32 AM
...I suppose it is quite a jar when your favorite soap opera actor croaks, huh?

ABDUR101
Jun 26, 2007, 10:47 AM
On 2007-06-26 04:32, Kent wrote:
...I suppose it is quite a jar when your favorite soap opera actor croaks, huh?

I was dismayed when Richard Pryor died, so yeah hearing that Chris Benoit and his family are dead is a jar.

People die, thats not the issue; but when it's someone you enjoyed watching and have fond memories of seeing; thats when you get concerned. I'm sure you'd be dismayed if Aerosmith all died due to one of the band members going over the deep-end, killing everyone and then themself during one of their tours.

Lets show abit of respect and have some perspective, yeah?

*edit*
Yahoo news article (http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-wrestlerdead&prov=ap&type=lgns) with abit more information.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2007-06-26 08:52 ]</font>

Neith
Jun 26, 2007, 11:11 AM
Wow, I remember back when I used to watch wrestling, Benoit was a pretty prominent figure...

Makes me wonder what's happened to push him over the edge this far really. Pretty sad, especially considering his wife and 7-year old child are dead too..

Thoughts are with the family, though I am very curious to hear what the autopsies show.

Wyndham
Jun 26, 2007, 11:51 AM
I read that as "Christopher Belmont" at first. I don't know a thing about this person, but I hope his family is ok.

Cz
Jun 26, 2007, 01:24 PM
aw...that is sad. I used to like Chris Benoit cause he was cool and manly. Sad news. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

DaRkWoLf30
Jun 26, 2007, 01:53 PM
This is even sadder http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2007/06/26/4291880.html

ATLANTA (AP-Staff) - Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room, a law enforcement official close to the investigation told The Associated Press Tuesday.

The official spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Authorities also said they are investigating whether steroids may have been a factor in the deaths of Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and their 7-year-old son, Daniel, who were found dead in an apparent murder-suicide.

Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard said test results may not be back for weeks or even months.

Autopsies were scheduled Tuesday by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation in DeKalb County.

sprky585
Jun 26, 2007, 02:03 PM
yeah. definitely roid rage...thats the bad thing about those things...it'll push you over the edge

SubstanceD
Jun 26, 2007, 02:26 PM
I used to be a WWE fan and Chris Benoit was one of my favorite wrestlers.

I quit watching after Eddie Guererro died. I just lost all interest in the product after that. Now this. I liked Chris, as I said earlier, he was one of my favorites. He was one of the most gifted mat wrestlers in the business and he was very technicaly sound. A part of me misses him but it is difficult to mourn his passing considering what he did and how he went out.

Goodbye Benoit, rest in peace.

Solstis
Jun 26, 2007, 03:02 PM
See, FO just had to go an ruin this by making him seem like a jerk. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Luis
Jun 26, 2007, 07:37 PM
After i saw on the news the full report i question to myself

can i pay tribute to him after his dead?

- No

Benoit did not make the right choice he killed 2 innocent, one of them his 7 years old son!

Thalui89
Jun 26, 2007, 07:56 PM
This is probabaly a case of what fame and fortune can do to people. Obviously he couldnt handle it and as a result did a vile and evil act. Hope he burns in hell personally.

ABDUR101
Jun 26, 2007, 08:14 PM
Don't assume to know why he did anything. People can be driven to far extremes over many things, and no matter whats found out; there will never be a conclusion as to the innerworkings of brought all of this on.

At best, this is a tragedy and I think paying respects is better than scoffing. Him and his family are dead, nothing is going to change that; so show respect for how they lived and not how they died.

DurakkenX
Jun 26, 2007, 08:23 PM
it is better to remember how a person lived and take in the whole than it is to remember only one act in a part of a person's life.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 26, 2007, 08:24 PM
On 2007-06-26 13:02, Solstis wrote:
See, FO just had to go an ruin this by making him seem like a jerk. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

That's not Fo, that's not FO @ all!

I probably stopped watching around the time he fell out of the rotation, but yeah, what was considered a sad event was compounded by the extra info outside of the first reports leaking out in terms of foul play and whatnot.

Kent, this isn't on par with another Paris Hilton or Anna Nicole story.

People know this guy for being good at his job, televised or scripted or whatever. A name/person you could respect and not get second guessed as much as you would if you look up to the Paris Hilton's and Anna Nicole's of the world.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2007-06-26 18:24 ]</font>

Luis
Jun 26, 2007, 09:41 PM
On 2007-06-26 18:14, ABDUR101 wrote:

At best, this is a tragedy and I think paying respects is better than scoffing. Him and his family are dead, nothing is going to change that; so show respect for how they lived and not how they died.

Say what????? how can you show respect for a person that killed his wife and son!

And talking about show respect for how they lived let me remind you that his son was only 7 years old!!! he didnt even know what was live.......

Solstis
Jun 26, 2007, 09:47 PM
That wasn't FO? Poo.

It is impossible to "remember how a person lived" if they were only a celebrity that you heard about now and then or saw on TV. As far as I am concerned, the only bit I know about this person is him killing some immediate family members. Still, he might of realized what he had done (before killing himself), which I could have some empathy for.

How do I show respect for people that I do not know? I am not going to research Benoit's life just so I can feel some strange compassion. If someone stabbed someone I loved, I would not go, "Oh man, I really should not care. That assaulter won the spelling bee in the 8th grade. Awww." No.

This is pretty much on the same level as people that refused to believe that OJ did it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2007-06-26 19:50 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Jun 26, 2007, 09:49 PM
look he used his head as a weapon, fought in wrestling which can do lots of physical damage to the body, they are looking into steroid usage and his best friend died as well as various things that i'm sure you don't know about. Even the most respectable people could easily snap and considering his strength it wouldn't take much to accidentally kill someone... Either way he was still a respectable guy for the way he lived...even if he went out in such a bad way. A death doesn't define a person it's their life that does.

Solstis
Jun 26, 2007, 09:53 PM
On 2007-06-26 19:49, DurakkenX wrote:
look he used his head as a weapon, fought in wrestling which can do lots of physical damage to the body, they are looking into steroid usage and his best friend died as well as various things that i'm sure you don't know about. Even the most respectable people could easily snap and considering his strength it wouldn't take much to accidentally kill someone... Either way he was still a respectable guy for the way he lived...even if he went out in such a bad way. A death doesn't define a person it's their life that does.

That's not true. A person's life is only defined that way if you actually try to do so, or if you know them personally. Defining someone by how they lived in order to gain some modicum of compassion (an emotion which is based on pity, not sincere love) seems kinda sick to me.

Holocaust victims are known as being a part of a really long list of names. They are statistics to me, I only know of a few personally. The rest are meaningless to me in no way other than in the manner of their deaths.

DurakkenX
Jun 26, 2007, 10:00 PM
circumstances alter the way one sees a death... there for it's not the death but the life that matters.

ABDUR101
Jun 26, 2007, 10:01 PM
I know of him from his career, quite afew years he was a wrestler. Much the same as Richard Pryor was a comedian and actor for much of his time; I don't need to know someone personally to feel for their loss.

He strangled his wife, suffocated his kid and then hung himself in his gym from a pulley; it's a tragedy that should'nt have happened; but I'm not going to claim him as anything. He did something heinous; but it's done. Life goes on; but I think it's better to not speculate what went through his mind or why he did it. People snap, when someone snaps, usually it's entirely irrational.

I hope he snapped and it was entirely irrational, that it wasn't something he wanted to do and finally got the opportunity. I don't care who feels the same way or not; I don't care who hates him and hopes he burns in hell; that goes with you. I acknowledge what he did, and see it as a tragedy and a loss to those who loved him, and those who enjoyed him through his career.

I have better things to do than hate people for the things they've done, expecially if they're dead.

Solstis
Jun 26, 2007, 10:09 PM
I don't hate him. That would be silly. I just don't care very much. I do agree with you for the most part Abdur, and I can see why you might still respect him.

I, though, have no reason to respect him, and no reason to hate him. Also, there's a counter-argument to that statement Durrakken, something along the lines that the life (of a given person one knows nothing personally about) is only meaningful in accordance to the circumstances of the death, and thus, the death has more weight. Without the significant manner of death, it is likely that I would have no knowledge of, say, a cancer victim or a homeless guy that got beaten to death by some bored teens (that's really stupid, by the way. They suck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ).

DurakkenX
Jun 26, 2007, 10:12 PM
Of course there is also another one that says the final actions of a person are the actions of the whole person rather than the piece of the person. Of course like I said, given who he was it is likely that he snapped and then came around only to see what he had done and killed himself

-Ryuki-
Jun 27, 2007, 07:34 AM
News like this keeps me from watching WWE anymore. First Owen, then Rocky (didn't die, but he left WWE), Eddie, and now Benoit. Man.. u_u

RIP, Benoit.

Thalui89
Jun 27, 2007, 12:05 PM
Don't assume to know why he did anything. People can be driven to far extremes over many things, and no matter whats found out; there will never be a conclusion as to the innerworkings of brought all of this on.

Don't see why i should pay respect to a man that slaughtered his own family. Yes, he may have snapped due to pressure etc but that doesnt make it right. Just because he lived his life well until the end doesnt mean it should negate the evil he caused in his final hours.

Luis
Jun 27, 2007, 03:48 PM
On 2007-06-26 20:01, ABDUR101 wrote:

He strangled his wife, suffocated his kid and then hung himself in his gym from a pulley; it's a tragedy that should'nt have happened; but I'm not going to claim him as anything. He did something heinous; but it's done. Life goes on; but I think it's better to not speculate what went through his mind or why he did it. People snap, when someone snaps, usually it's entirely irrational.

I hope he snapped and it was entirely irrational, that it wasn't something he wanted to do and finally got the opportunity. I don't care who feels the same way or not; I don't care who hates him and hopes he burns in hell; that goes with you. I acknowledge what he did, and see it as a tragedy and a loss to those who loved him, and those who enjoyed him through his career.

I have better things to do than hate people for the things they've done, expecially if they're dead.

You can't forgive a person that got an irrational moment and then snapped out, besides you are the one who pay respect to a murder and then say that you don't care who hates him, In that case you are a person that disrespect the dead of his family by praising the killer.

And if you have better things to do, please do not write on this forum especially if you don't care for the people who was murderer, and shouldn't be dead.

DurakkenX
Jun 27, 2007, 04:24 PM
I think that anyone saying benoit did it should step back for a second and realize that a lot of things don't add up and there are missing pieces that are just too strange to be explained by anger or 'snapping'

Powder Keg
Jun 27, 2007, 05:52 PM
When I first heard about it, I was on my way home from work and was in disbelief.

When I found out it was him who did it, I was just beyond disappointed. This guy had so many fans and could easily have been well on his way into the Hall of Fame, and he just threw it away and took his wife and child with him.

Nothing but shock and disappointment...

Thalui89
Jun 27, 2007, 06:05 PM
On 2007-06-27 14:24, DurakkenX wrote:
I think that anyone saying benoit did it should step back for a second and realize that a lot of things don't add up and there are missing pieces that are just too strange to be explained by anger or 'snapping'

I'd say a strangled wife, a smothered child and him hanging are perfect explanations of snapping.

Jehosaphaty
Jun 27, 2007, 07:32 PM
On 2007-06-27 10:05, Thalui89 wrote:

Don't see why i should pay respect to a man that slaughtered his own family. Yes, he may have snapped due to pressure etc but that doesnt make it right. Just because he lived his life well until the end doesnt mean it should negate the evil he caused in his final hours.

I fail to see how it is below you to acknowledge, to pay respect, to the lives of these people; besides, there stands a very good chance that no one will ever really know what truly transpired, or the factors that led to such an event...the knowledge of which would be necessary to make a correct judgment.

It is because I do not know these factors that I refuse to condemn a man whom I know very little about personally and privately. Like Abdur, I will acknowledge the lives lived and not lost: I choose to neither the high nor the low road, I simply remain neutral. I am neither judge nor jury for I am simply unqualified.

ABDUR101
Jun 27, 2007, 10:16 PM
Alot of people appearently can't read, which must make life really hard. Oh well.

Jehosaphaty atleast gets what I'm saying. It's a tragedy, it should'nt have happened; my sympathy for what happened. I'm dismayed and disappointed for the loss of his family and him; but I'm not going to slander him for whatever happened. There's never going to be a conclusive "this is why he did it at this spur of the moment".

DurakkenX
Jun 27, 2007, 10:23 PM
On 2007-06-27 16:05, Thalui89 wrote:

On 2007-06-27 14:24, DurakkenX wrote:

I'd say a strangled wife, a smothered child and him hanging are perfect explanations of snapping.

nope, you see the events happened supposedly like this...

Nancy struggled against benoit and benoit tied her up. He then proceeded to strangle her. Later, supposedly some time in the morning benoit went into the bedroom of his son and smothered him. The next day he then sent several text messages stating the door of his garage was open and where the dogs were and his physical address...

Someone who is angry would not do this like this. An Angry person would not kill the kid nor would a "snapped" person. It looks premeditated, but a premeditated murder from someone like benoit would have him kill his son purposely... anyways. There are just things that don't add up that pulls into question just what happened and why. I'm not saying he didn't do it, but rather than there are things that make no sense whatsoever for him to do it.

Also Motive has not been established and I can doubt whether he killed them reasonably...so there would be no case against him

February
Jun 28, 2007, 01:54 AM
On 2007-06-27 20:16, ABDUR101 wrote:
Alot of people appearently can't read, which must make life really hard. Oh well.

Jehosaphaty atleast gets what I'm saying. It's a tragedy, it should'nt have happened; my sympathy for what happened. I'm dismayed and disappointed for the loss of his family and him; but I'm not going to slander him for whatever happened. There's never going to be a conclusive "this is why he did it at this spur of the moment".

That's really how I feel about it, honestly. I'm disgusted with what he did, but I don't know the whole story so I'm keeping my mouth shut.

And I hope to one day be able to watch his matches, or his DVD again sometime in the future. Right now it's just too much.

Thalui89
Jun 28, 2007, 06:27 AM
On 2007-06-27 17:32, Jehosaphaty wrote:

On 2007-06-27 10:05, Thalui89 wrote:

I fail to see how it is below you to acknowledge, to pay respect, to the lives of these people; besides, there stands a very good chance that no one will ever really know what truly transpired, or the factors that led to such an event...the knowledge of which would be necessary to make a correct judgment.

It is because I do not know these factors that I refuse to condemn a man whom I know very little about personally and privately. Like Abdur, I will acknowledge the lives lived and not lost: I choose to neither the high nor the low road, I simply remain neutral. I am neither judge nor jury for I am simply unqualified.

I didnt say i wouldnt pay my respect to the family. I think its a damn shame that they lost their lives. What i said was that i refuse to pay my respect to him. In regards to you choosing to respect the life he lead thats your choice not mine. Personally though i think people are negating the possibility of him slaughetring them due to his celebrity status. I'll pay my respects to him as and when he is proven innocent. Until then i cant justify paying my respect to a possible killer. Im also more than capable of reading what people post so lets not start dishing dirt please.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Thalui89 on 2007-06-28 04:30 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Thalui89 on 2007-06-28 04:34 ]</font>

BogusKun
Jun 28, 2007, 09:29 AM
Then again a whole nation paid tribute not only to the VTech students... but to Cho Seung Hui as well. Let's not be one-sided here, and just respect the man for how he lived... and who he is. Incidents as such happen everyday... this is just about a man who lived his dream.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 28, 2007, 11:39 AM
WWE has just dug itself a hole with Vince's fake death. I want to see how many fans it will lose after Benoit's death. It's a shame, Benoit ws one of the best in the WWE.

Jaspaller
Jun 28, 2007, 03:54 PM
More info popped up on the internet. I got this through another forum but apparently someone from WWE HQ attempted to edit the wiki for benoit and state that he didn't go to the PPV because of his wife being dead. This was 13 hours before the cops actually got there... someone knew ahead of time about this...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287194,00.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Benoit

Quoted from FOXNews:
An anonymous user operating a computer traced to Stamford, Conn. — home to World Wrestling Entertainment — posted an entry to pro wrestler Chris Benoit's biography on Wikipedia.org announcing the death of his wife Nancy about 14 hours before police in suburban Atlanta said they found her body along with her husband's and that of their 7-year-old son, FOXNews.com has learned.

Employees at Wikipedia.com said the posting went live on their site on Monday at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. Police, however, said they found the bodies Monday at 2:30 p.m. EDT.

Wikipedia.org's computers are set to record Standard and Universal Time, a spokesman told FOXNews.com.

The posting reads: “Chris Benoit was replaced by [[Johnny Nitro]] for the ECW Championship match at Vengeance, as Benoit was not there due to personal issues, stemming from the death of his wife Nancy.”

The posting was apparently made in reference to Benoit's scheduled appearance on Sunday night at an Extreme Championship Wrestling event in Texas, with the last phrase noted in red to indicate an edit made to the original entry.

An employee from Wikipedia.org told FOXNews.com that he called and left a message with investigative authorities in Fayetteville, Ga., at around 11 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, after the posting was brought to the attention of the St. Petersburg, Fla.-based Web site.

February
Jun 28, 2007, 05:20 PM
wtf? That is so odd. What's even more odd is that another one f Kevin Sullivan's exes (Sherri Martel) died two weeks ago of mysterious causes. so of course the rumors of Kevin Sullivan's involvement have started. (Not saying I believe those, though. That's quite a stretch.)

Thalui89
Jun 28, 2007, 06:39 PM
Hmm perhaos things arent adding up after all. we shall have to wait and see how this unfolds i guess. If he is proven innocent then i think thats great.

hollowtip
Jun 29, 2007, 09:25 PM
On 2007-06-28 13:54, Jaspaller wrote:
More info popped up on the internet. I got this through another forum but apparently someone from WWE HQ attempted to edit the wiki for benoit and state that he didn't go to the PPV because of his wife being dead. This was 13 hours before the cops actually got there... someone knew ahead of time about this...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287194,00.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Benoit

Quoted from FOXNews:
An anonymous user operating a computer traced to Stamford, Conn. — home to World Wrestling Entertainment — posted an entry to pro wrestler Chris Benoit's biography on Wikipedia.org announcing the death of his wife Nancy about 14 hours before police in suburban Atlanta said they found her body along with her husband's and that of their 7-year-old son, FOXNews.com has learned.

Employees at Wikipedia.com said the posting went live on their site on Monday at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. Police, however, said they found the bodies Monday at 2:30 p.m. EDT.

Wikipedia.org's computers are set to record Standard and Universal Time, a spokesman told FOXNews.com.

The posting reads: “Chris Benoit was replaced by [[Johnny Nitro]] for the ECW Championship match at Vengeance, as Benoit was not there due to personal issues, stemming from the death of his wife Nancy.”

The posting was apparently made in reference to Benoit's scheduled appearance on Sunday night at an Extreme Championship Wrestling event in Texas, with the last phrase noted in red to indicate an edit made to the original entry.

An employee from Wikipedia.org told FOXNews.com that he called and left a message with investigative authorities in Fayetteville, Ga., at around 11 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, after the posting was brought to the attention of the St. Petersburg, Fla.-based Web site.

Let the conspiracy theories commence!

Hopefully we can also tie this in with the "who dropped the urinal deuce in the boys bathroom" mystery.