PDA

View Full Version : max M Cast luck = Desert Goliath S hunting

panzer_unit
Jun 26, 2007, 09:22 AM
It's a 3* day for my big d00d... I'll be running Desert Goliath S if anyone's interested. We'll make a deal if any good loot drops (I really want the [b] Rabol Gant) ... probably just end up leveling grenades and generally having a good time.

He'll be spamming Rogue's Shortcut A in uni02 while mailing for teammates.

Kion
Jun 26, 2007, 02:42 PM
hehe, mireya just hit the level req for that. i'll see you there

panzer_unit
Jun 26, 2007, 03:26 PM
Even if it's just the two of us, we'll throw our scapes in the bank and rack up a bodycount on the way to the bossfight. Desert Goliath S may be really painful... at least it's not really LONG too, like Desert Terror.

Kion
Jun 26, 2007, 03:48 PM
the pathetic part is no one ever uses the player match up section. tons of people complain in the general forum that there's no one to play with and there's like 50 unanswered forums here for what they're asking.
we'll probably end up spamming our contact list like normal. see you around 11?

TUSCAN
Jun 27, 2007, 02:25 AM
hey panzer, that board drops from tunnel recovery boss boxes as well. imo it's a little easier to get from there. you might wanna try getting ahold of a fire rabol neda, and then hitting recovery on S2. nice drops there, 9* launchers (which you can sell for good money if you have the neda combo because the accuracy and power are both greater on the 7*), gudda gant boards, rabol dadan. always run the map that starts with 4 navals and after has 2 bul bunas. that one has a chance for the rare spawn.

panzer_unit
Jun 27, 2007, 09:26 AM
Rabol Gant drops in Tunnel Recovery? That's too awesome. The boss box list in the item database is incomplete for that mission beyond for C rank (but the listed items are armors, which backs you up nicely).

I am _all over that_ ... I can solo that mission if I need to, and it's possible to skip a lot of the battles if you're just trying to get to those boss boxes ASAP... even more than you can if you're just doing the minimum work for an S rank.

EDIT: after action report... Kion and I spammed our contact lists and drummed up one player each, I don't know if they're PSOW or not. The first run had pretty nasty fatalities, Kion brought out a max-level character and I went back to my room for an armload of lightning armor for everyone. The second run was much smoother. No rares either time, but the boss loot had a-rank materials :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-06-27 07:30 ]</font>

TUSCAN
Jun 27, 2007, 07:07 PM
I made a mistake. the spawn you want is 4 naval and then 2 jishagara. the nice thing about that spawn is it's one of the easier ones. no bil de vear until the end. you won't know if you have the rare until block 3. you need to get lapucha to spawn instead of naval, but the rare spawn really isn't the important thing here. me and my friend used to run it alot farming for mot ebons (on the two maps without the bridge straight ahead, you can run in and break the boxes and then cancel ad infinitum. great way to load up on ebons and walnas. if you kill the weaker enemies you get lots of ore and gems, notably morbinia) and we would run this map because it was easier. turned out to be the rare map. damn level 95 darbelan is sturdy.

I used to live on moatoob searching for rares until I went back to searching for a degahna cannon, and firebreak came along. I just love the A rank tenora armor weapon sets. they are essential gear for protranser, imo. I had a pretty lucky run with synthing them. 3 for 3 on the rabol neda, 4 for 6 on the rabol rad, and 2 for 3 on the rabol gant. my friends bot sure seems to enjoy making tenora works products.

I'd have to say my favorite is the rabol rad because the spears are so easy to produce and do so much damage. 44-50% mukarads allow my human male with a mega/power to have a melee game that makes a difference.

next would have to be the neda combo because it really helps the protranser game out alot. with no grinda the gur neda has 1 more ATA and about 4 more ATP than a gur missal (0) when paired with the rabol neda, and at +9 (which I have mine to) the gur neda has 71 more ATP than a +10 gur missal. not quite as much pp tho, but it's negligible. it destroys dragons.

the only reason the rabol gant isn't super awesome is because it's the expensive one out of the bunch. hard to get and costly to get set up.

panzer_unit
Jun 28, 2007, 09:38 AM
I've got a rabol rad on my wartecher and love it too. Found it in a shop for 10mil. I don't use spears on my PT though, I went with swords instead... so I can only use the Neda and Gant sets with him.

You don't have a couple of those armors to spare? We could make a deal or something.

TUSCAN
Jun 28, 2007, 01:39 PM
I'm on 360. the rabol rad is easy to find, just farm the first room in system defence S looking for navals. the rabol neda drops on desert terror A and you know all about the rabol gant, obviously. I found my rad boards but I bought the others. the gant was 1 million (went halfers with a friend) and I got lucky with the neda, it was only 100k. and I got all 3 out of it, so for under 1 million I obtained 3 rabol nedas.

no high % though, the highest being 26% ground. I hope we get the famitsu cup, because I really want a tero/rainbow.

panzer_unit
Jun 28, 2007, 01:51 PM
Know what? I'd go for non-elemental for my first rare armor synth. When I get one at the boosted success rate, then I'll talk elemental. Nice thing about Tenora armor is that it's EVP based, which makes it pretty good against all physical attacks regardless of element levels.