PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PS2: Extra Mode?

Zero_HUcast
Jun 26, 2007, 01:12 PM
So right now I have PSU for PS2, which i got recently. Its alright, the story mode is kind of fun, but creating my own characters was what I was really waiting for.

So I unlocked extra mode, and realized even after getting very far into the story (Chapter 11), there is not many missions and Extra Mode is just okay. If anyone can tell me how to unlock much more missions, if there is any, that would be swell.

Also, I am working on getting an adapter, and then maybe buying a license to play online. Is it worth it?

RedX
Jun 26, 2007, 01:13 PM
The farther you get in story the more extra mode missions you unlock. It isn't much really though. And yes online is tottaly worth it, it is 1000x better.

ashley50
Jun 26, 2007, 01:17 PM
be prepared for the people of the Internets though =/
lots of weird players...like me >=3

Zero_HUcast
Jun 26, 2007, 01:19 PM
Well then ill make sure to go for the license http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

What is the status for Quests online? By that I mean, how many are there for each planet, are there many different types, etc.

Astarin
Jun 26, 2007, 01:20 PM
Once you've completed all 12 chapters, Extra Mode will have all of it's missions/clothes/shops updated with everything. So, no, it's not all that much. One, sometimes two, missions in any given area. (where an area is say, the Raffon Meadow, the Raffon Relics, etc.) There's a few interesting ones, like the final mission, and Absolute Zero on Moatoob.

It is most definately worth getting online. Character customization alone is very limited offline; online, there are many, many more clothing options. There are a probably twice as many missions, if not more. And, each mission comes with up to five selectable difficulty options, online. There's also the added bonus of playing with real people.

If you're really super hesitant, you can always buy just a single month's subscription to try it out. But, if you want more content, then online is the only way to go.

Zero_HUcast
Jun 26, 2007, 01:24 PM
THERE IS DIFFICULTY SELECTION!?

Thats what I've been waiting to hear about. This is great, that almost sealed the deal xD

Astarin
Jun 26, 2007, 02:09 PM
Haha. I hear ya, Zero. I was stuck offline for the first couple months too. Difficulty selection makes a huge difference.

And yes, there are a few different mission types. There are regular free missions (nearly identical to the missions in extra mode); "co-operative" free missions which require several people to complete (usually because of switches); Party missions (more difficult, timed missions which require a lot of teamwork) and Story missions. That's right, story. They're basically the same as the offline Story mode, except they continue the storyline, and star your own character, rather than Ethan Waber. So, do try to finish offline Story mode, for the simple reason that the story continues online.

There are also Firebreak missions, which are the Fire SEED purification missions, but they're only going to be up until Friday. They're a lot more fun online, with people, I assure you.

Oh, and Zero, your sig is made of win. What are those, exactly? Do they come with a model kit, or what?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Astarin on 2007-06-26 12:10 ]</font>

D1ABOLIK
Jun 26, 2007, 02:17 PM
On 2007-06-26 11:24, Zero_HUcast wrote:
THERE IS DIFFICULTY SELECTION!?

Thats what I've been waiting to hear about. This is great, that almost sealed the deal xD

They need to add difficulty selections in extra mode.It should be the same as online.Have C through S (sometimes S2) instead of just one base mission.

________
STOCKS TO BUY NOW (http://pennystockpicks.net/)

Zero_HUcast
Jun 26, 2007, 02:17 PM
They are actually pictures I found of old PSO items. I wish I could take credit for making those models ;D

Left to right, Last Survivor, Flowen's Sword, Heaven's Punisher(or Opheilie Seize), Sato (mag), and some medical bag xD

And as long as there are plenty of things online to do, I'm in. I'm already dreaming up my CAST for online.

vfloresjr24
Jun 26, 2007, 03:33 PM
I actually play offline and to tell you the truth offline is not all its cracked up to be. You best bet is to go online and play different missions and get all kinds of good stuff from there. Offline gives you what is availble during the story mode thats it.

Blue-Hawk
Jun 27, 2007, 01:29 AM
Offline could be better. I started playing it again since I quit GW. Still can't get online with no way to pay for it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Wish they actually had some drops to make offline worth it. Two drops in the final mission do not make it worthwhile. NO S-Rank rod weapons (Makes my force VERY unhappy).

D1ABOLIK
Jun 27, 2007, 01:34 AM
I agree.And even though i have played the hive a bazillion times in a row i still have not got the wings or the daggers to drop.

________
Homemade vaporizer (http://homemadevaporizers.info/)

Zorafim
Jun 27, 2007, 02:06 AM
Answering for the story/extra thing, anything that you can do in story mode not related to story missions, you can do in extra mode. For instance, if you can buy an A rank weapon board in the shop with Ethan, you can buy one with your extra character. But your extra character can never do a story mission (which I found to be the most fun part about story mode). If you beat story mode, everything will be unlocked in extra mode.

As for network mode, I'd suggest waiting until the expansion. The game doesn't seem complete yet, and capped-leveled missions can be a pain. There's also the fact that the economy of the PC/PS2 server are shot to hell, making it incredibly easy to get A rank weapons and incredibly difficult to get S rank weapons.
It's not to say that it's not fun, it's just not perfected yet. The first fifty levels are still balanced well enough to be addictingly enjoyable.

sash_phoenix
Jul 15, 2007, 01:24 PM
hey i just wanna know in extra mode where am i supose to buy the thing to do a nanoblast ?

ThEoRy
Jul 15, 2007, 01:37 PM
On 2007-06-26 11:12, Zero_HUcast wrote:
So right now I have PSU for PS2, which i got recently. Its alright, the story mode is kind of fun, but creating my own characters was what I was really waiting for.

So I unlocked extra mode, and realized even after getting very far into the story (Chapter 11), there is not many missions and Extra Mode is just okay. If anyone can tell me how to unlock much more missions, if there is any, that would be swell.

Also, I am working on getting an adapter, and then maybe buying a license to play online. Is it worth it?

To unlock more missions simply...
GET ONLINE!!!

Online = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 > offline
nuff said.

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 15, 2007, 01:45 PM
On the Xbox 360, I think I unlocked Extra Mode at Chapter 5. Am I right?

ThEoRy
Jul 15, 2007, 01:48 PM
On 2007-07-15 11:45, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:
On the Xbox 360, I think I unlocked Extra Mode at Chapter 5. Am I right?

u just have to beat chap. 4 i believe. As thats as far as I gotten and I have extra mode open.

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 15, 2007, 01:49 PM
Ohhhh okay http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif That's what I thought!