PDA

View Full Version : Does ORAN find ANYTHING?

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Dec 18, 2002, 07:52 AM
Well, right now I'm lv 110 and I haven't found a red box that actually benefited me for like 28 lvs! I'm still wearing my four slot dragon armor and weilding my Dragon Slayer.....and I hate daggers. Is there anything worth being ORAN for?

LollipopLolita
Dec 18, 2002, 07:54 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php?by=sectionid&sectionid=8

Blue-Hawk
Dec 18, 2002, 10:19 AM
i'm lv 109, oran and cant find anything good anymore either. i have been taken to get my dragons claw at all costs, but after about 37 killings of the sil dragon yirlded me no claw, i have been thinking of killing my oran and making a new id.

neko-chan
Dec 18, 2002, 10:24 AM
It's not uncommon, as ORAN, to find Last Survivors in Forest 2 and Flowen's Swords from Gulgus. I found few of them with good %s.

I've also found a Red Partisan, Kaladbolg, two Dragon's Claws from Sil Dragon, Elysion, Inferno Bazooka, tons of Guilty Light (all with good %s) and tons of almost useless Bloody Arts and Cross Scars. Almost useless... if only I'd be able to get a God/Battle. >_>

I think ORAN is a pretty good id for Hunters. Not as good as Redria seems to be, but pretty good.

Blue-Hawk
Dec 18, 2002, 10:31 AM
and how many times did you kill the sil dragon for the 2 claws neko?

neko-chan
Dec 18, 2002, 10:38 AM
On 2002-12-18 07:31, blue-hawk wrote:
and how many times did you kill the sil dragon for the 2 claws neko?

I don't remember but they were few of my first forest runs... Maybe under 10-15 runs...

Listen... my motto about rares is: "if I found it, it means it's not rare". I'm completely unlucky and I simply guess they made the Dragon's Claw a findable rare.

Blue-Hawk
Dec 18, 2002, 10:42 AM
yeah? well then my motto about rares should be, 'if its findable, then i'll never find one. if its not findable, then i'll never find one.'

geeze. man over 40 forest runs now and still no claw. the friggin sil dragon hates me. it was my fav claw on v2 and it would look perfect with my delsabers shield i have equiped.

Jae
Dec 18, 2002, 11:26 AM
Oran bites ass in my experience. Daggers are ok, but the best that's ever dropped in my game is a Twin Chakram... and they're not all that great.

The only redeeming qualities of Oran are that you can get Star Amplifiers (great trade fodder), Guard Waves, Aura Fields, and Luminous Fields if you're willing to TP for them.

While everyone is kicking ass with Red Swords and Meteor Cudgels, I'm still swinging the old Chainsawd and Demo Comet. I wouldn't even have those if it weren't for the generosity of my friends. Hell, even my God/Battle was a gift.

In short, you're going to have to trade for anything you need. I heard that Oran was pretty decent on DC. Whatever it was then, it sure isn't now.

sMiLeY
Dec 18, 2002, 02:32 PM
well, i guess it wouldn't benefit you, but i've found 3 DB's Sabers, 3 Flowen's Sword, 1 Blade Dance, 1 Photon Claw, and 2 G-Assassin's Arms, and 2 Rappy Wings...

Jeffiroth
Dec 18, 2002, 10:28 PM
On DC, ORAN had the best chance to find double saber type weapons (well, double saber and twin brand anyways). Now, I couldn't find one if I had to. It was my signature weapon (twin brand that is) on DC and now after 10+ ult. temple runs, no twin for me. when I go to trade with someone, not even my "best" rares will get them to look.

I had to use my little brothers Skyly to get me anything to use in ULT. Both Chainsawd and Sange were found on his character in just a few runs. .

ORAN isn't so good anymore. . .

neko-chan
Dec 19, 2002, 09:17 AM
On 2002-12-18 08:26, Jae wrote:
Oran bites ass in my experience.

Any Section ID is good. I think there are no better Section IDs that others. The best Section ID is the one that gives you your favorite type of weapon.

I like ORAN because I like Daggers. If you don't like this type of weapon it is better to pick a different character name, to match the desired Section ID. I did in this way for my force: I recreated her with a slightly different name to get the PINKAL ID.

That said, I think ORAN is still pretty good. Sure, you miss double sabers weapons, but you can find a lot of Daggers (if you like them), often with nice percents and also few other useful weapons. The best, IMHO, is the Red Partisan: probably the best Hunters' weapon in the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2002-12-19 06:19 ]</font>

Jae
Dec 19, 2002, 11:50 AM
I like ORAN because I like Daggers.

The best, IMHO, is the Red Partisan: probably the best Hunters' weapon in the game.

Just a couple of things. I absolutely LOVE daggers. Now with that said, I couldn't find anything better than a Twin Chakram to save my life, and even those have been extremely toned down for the GC version. The Red Daggers I have right now were from a TRADE, not from my Oran ID.

Have you actually SEEN the Red Partisan stats for GC?? It's a FAR cry from the glorious +600 ATP it had in the DC version. Now it's a whopping +250 ATP, or something sad like that. Even a Dragon Slayer is stronger...

neko-chan
Dec 19, 2002, 11:59 AM
On 2002-12-19 08:50, Jae wrote:
Just a couple of things. I absolutely LOVE daggers. Now with that said, I couldn't find anything better than a Twin Chakram to save my life, and even those have been extremely toned down for the GC version. The Red Daggers I have right now were from a TRADE, not from my Oran ID.

I was wondering where those are findable... I haven't heard of anyone finding the Red Daggers... They were my all time fav weapons... *sigh* -_-

Have you actually SEEN the Red Partisan stats for GC?? It's a FAR cry from the glorious +600 ATP it had in the DC version. Now it's a whopping +250 ATP, or something sad like that. Even a Dragon Slayer is stronger...

Yes, I do have a Red Partisan and yes, it is weak compared to a Sword type weapon but it boasts a SWEET ATA. Thanks to the extra ATA I can perform the HARD-HARD-HARD combo 99% of times in Ultimate Forest and Caves. This is a great help.

Jae
Dec 19, 2002, 12:11 PM
Yes, I do have a Red Partisan and yes, it is weak compared to a Sword type weapon but it boasts a SWEET ATA. Thanks to the extra ATA I can perform the HARD-HARD-HARD combo 99% of times in Ultimate Forest and Caves. This is a great help.

I was wondering where those are findable... I haven't heard of anyone finding the Red Daggers... They were my all time fav weapons... *sigh* -_-

Oh ok you do have a Red Partisan. Yeah I almost traded for a one, but was put off by the low ATP. The ATA boost sounds nice, but how are you doing in Mines and Ruins with that weapon? Even weak-hard-hard combos from my Demo Comet and/or Chainsawd have trouble stunning those freaks.

The Red Daggers are just beautiful. I got them in a trade with HC82 on these boards. Maybe we could ask him where he got them? So far in numerous Ult EP1 runs, I have yet to see them fall for my Oran.

neko-chan
Dec 19, 2002, 12:34 PM
On 2002-12-19 09:11, Jae wrote:
The ATA boost sounds nice, but how are you doing in Mines and Ruins with that weapon? Even weak-hard-hard combos from my Demo Comet and/or Chainsawd have trouble stunning those freaks.

Haven't tried it yet in Mines... Guess those robots will kick my ass hard even with the Partisan -_-

The Red Daggers are just beautiful. I got them in a trade with HC82 on these boards. Maybe we could ask him where he got them? So far in numerous Ult EP1 runs, I have yet to see them fall for my Oran.

According to PSOW (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=185) the Red Daggers are findable by Viridia, Greenhill, Skyly and Purplenum... Oh yeah, I'm screwed ^_^;;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2002-12-19 09:35 ]</font>

SS_Death
Dec 19, 2002, 06:05 PM
Nooooo! I was gonna use an ORAN now as well!

Back in v2 ORAN find lots of Imperial Picks in Ult. Ruins.

Ok so then which ID is best for Swords?