PDA

View Full Version : Computer techies, explain this!

NightHour13
Jun 27, 2007, 12:24 PM
Alright, I usually dont mind it but now it's starting to get to me. I have 2 gigs of DDR ram, 80 gigs of free space, an XFX 256mb PCIe video card...and if I run it on normal mode then I still slow down in major fights and even just walking around in Mad Beasts on parum.

Also, for more info - my connection is 768 DSL

Why on earth is this happening? I know people on lesser machines that can run high end.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NightHour13 on 2007-06-27 10:36 ]</font>

SabZero
Jun 27, 2007, 04:58 PM
Stuff running in the background, defragment your disk.

Blitzkommando
Jun 27, 2007, 06:01 PM
What videocard are you using specifically? Also, what processor and speed? What resolution is the game at and is it in fullscreen or window mode? And finally are you running Vista or XP? Videomemory has next to nothing to do with performance in PSU, it's the card's GPU (graphics processing unit) that has the biggest impact. Ergo a 128MB 8600 GT would give much better performance in PSU than say a 256MB 6200.

Kano-Okami
Jul 2, 2007, 06:31 AM
Norvekh,
What is video memory good for then? and how does one find out the power of their video card's GPU without manufacturer info or do I have to take a peek inside ?
I'd rather like to know what I have now, before blindly buying a $300 graphic card. If thats the case, he'd be better off getting an xbox360 and call it a day.

NightHour13
Jul 2, 2007, 02:32 PM
Ahh sorry about that, forgot some info! Ok, my processor is a AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.2 GHz. The resolution of the game is 1280 x 768, full screen. The video card is specificaly a GeForce 6600 PCI express (I think I screwed up, it might be a 128 MB - correct me if im wrong). Im running Windows XP professional. I hope this helps and, boy, do I appreciate it everyone! For me to come whining to a bunch of more intelligent people isnt like me - but your help is greatly appreciated.