PDA

View Full Version : The PSO economy.

StealthKab
Dec 18, 2002, 10:33 AM
This is sort of a general trading question. I was wondering if there's any hot items that people really want and are often traded for whatever else. I know the worth of items are pretty subjective, but there's gotta be some consistency.

Reason I ask is because I can't get online right now but I plan on doing it very soon. So I don't really know what's hot and what's not. Besides, I'd like to know what I should be looking for and what I should be saving.

Appreciate if anyone can help me out a little.

Polenicus
Dec 18, 2002, 02:02 PM
On 2002-12-18 07:33, StealthKab wrote:
This is sort of a general trading question. I was wondering if there's any hot items that people really want and are often traded for whatever else. I know the worth of items are pretty subjective, but there's gotta be some consistency.

Reason I ask is because I can't get online right now but I plan on doing it very soon. So I don't really know what's hot and what's not. Besides, I'd like to know what I should be looking for and what I should be saving.

Appreciate if anyone can help me out a little.

Well, Pdrops can be considered general currency, but you'll need a LOT of them to buy really good stuff. Value of items fluctuate WILDLY... It depends a lot of who you're trading with, and whether they want Pdrops or not.

Mags are a sure-fire trade. Raise a mag to lvl 200, with MIND or POW as high as you can get. If you can raise one of the rare-type Ep II mags that also helps. Nidra is very popular, for one. If it looks cool, someone will want it. Asparas is a good choice for a POW mag. Check the mag guide on this website on raising info.

Materials are also good trade fodder. People are always looking for POW or MIND mats. Stockpile about 10 of each and you'll be golden.

The chances of you having more than one or two hot items after playing offline are slim. So basically you'll have to be shrewd in your trades. Hold out... it may take you a few days to find someone who has what you want and wants what you have. Always know what it is you DO want, or you'll get taken (and even then it happens. I foolishly traded an Aura Field for a Demolition Comet before I realized how good Aura Field is. D'oh!). DON'T settle! And haggle a bit. If a trade feels unfair to you, then don't be afraid to walk away. Some guys simply will not give you a fair deal, and it will cost you more to get that Red Scorpio away from the Ranger who uses it as her mainstay than from the Force who has no use for it.