PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Battle Revolution (for Wii)

Genoa
Jun 28, 2007, 01:36 PM
So this game is awesome :3
I've been doing some wifi battles on it, and there's a million noobs on :> I've only lost one battle because he used Groudon and Mewtwo <_> But i've been whoopin up on some other Legendary users. My Tauros whooped a Giratina :3 and my Hitmonchan took a Palkia.

I demand more people get this and play w/me :<
Where are you Pearl/Diamond <3'ers! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

EDIT: And no >_> I didn't wanna post in the incredibly large Pokemon thread already, I think that should be for D/P, We have to use new friend codes anyways, so might as well make a new one for a new game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2007-06-28 11:39 ]</font>

-Crokar-
Jun 28, 2007, 01:54 PM
i need to get this game.

Wyndham
Jun 28, 2007, 02:28 PM
I don't think I want to get this game. sure, I like pokemon, but not enough to justify the cost.

chaos89
Jun 28, 2007, 03:36 PM
<.< when did it come out? why wasnt i informed people!!

Wyndham
Jun 28, 2007, 03:39 PM
On 2007-06-28 13:36, chaos89 wrote:
<.< when did it come out? why wasnt i informed people!!

according to your profile, youre in NYC, rigt? go get it at the Nintendo World Store!

Genoa
Jun 28, 2007, 07:56 PM
06/26/07 :3 picked it up from Gamestop, got home, uploaded my DS pokemon. Which btw, if you don't know, it uploads ALL of your pokemon from your current party, to the ones in your boxes :3.

If you do a DS vs. DS battle on Wii then it will go off of the 6 in your current party (and as usual, saved in a pokemon center)

And when you level up more on your DS, all you have to do is go to the Storage menu on Battle Revolution and update your previous storage with your new DS progress.

It's really easy to use now, and has pretty nice music and effects this time too :>
Also, the battle announcer is pretty good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif I missed him :<

Zelutos
Jun 28, 2007, 08:05 PM
I wasn't at work the day it came out, so i bought it today at work. I'll set it up tonight and play a bit...

Genoa
Jun 28, 2007, 08:12 PM
Sweet :3
on a side note...
Just whooped another Legendary :3 Marowak > Dialga :>

PJ
Jun 28, 2007, 08:15 PM
My only disappointment in the game is the lack of 4 player 12 on 12 team battles in the offline DS mode.

Otherwise, a Wii and PBR are the sole reasons I'm working so hard on my application/resume for a job.

Genoa
Jun 28, 2007, 08:20 PM
1804-9236-0215 is my friend code. Player name: Geno

PJ
Jun 28, 2007, 08:31 PM
Oh yeah, extra note, you can only have one Diamond or Pearl Pokemon data per save file on PBR. Which is why they give you four saves, but yeah.

Nisshoku
Jun 28, 2007, 09:39 PM
I'm enjyoing it quite a bit. My trainer is looking better and better, too.

Zelutos
Jun 28, 2007, 11:26 PM
How customizeable is the character? [is currently having a late supper, and will start playing later tonight..]

Genoa
Jun 28, 2007, 11:30 PM
More than I had anticipated. The trainer type along with: Head, face, hands, legs, backpack, displayable badges, pants, shoes. You have to unlock new clothing though by beating leaders. You also then have to purchase them with money you earn from beating a leader <_>

But still, I look pretty nifty right now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif maybe i'll take a pic with my cam later on.

EDIT: DID I MENTION!!! Custom quotes :3. Make up what you wanna say before you battle, while sending a pokemon out (2 different sayings for that). Returning a pokemon, winning a match, and loosing a match :3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2007-06-28 21:31 ]</font>

Zelutos
Jun 29, 2007, 12:19 AM
Why can't my mew be transferred to my Wii? ;.;

AC9breaker
Jun 29, 2007, 01:40 AM
Yeah I was procrastinating on getting a Wii, was saving up for other things like a Motorcycle but yeah. Fuck that, need some Pokemon Revolution. Still training my main 6 on diamond hoping to be have Twilight princess by nexxt week and owning nubs on Wifi by end of next month.

-Crokar-
Jun 29, 2007, 01:49 AM
i havent got a chance to play yet but my catch phrases are totally inapropriate

Genoa
Jun 29, 2007, 03:26 AM
Catch Phrases don't work on wifi battles =P

EDIT: so how about I searched for an opponent and it came up with some dude with:
Mewtwo/Rayquaza/Giratina/Groudon/Ho-oh/Lugia

lmao, watta n00b <_> ... I turned off my Wii and grabbed a drink.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2007-06-29 01:28 ]</font>

UnderscoreX
Jun 29, 2007, 03:44 AM
Are you trying to break the record of number of times a poster says :3 in a thread or something. Anyways, what's the standard game like or is strictly online battles ? And I liked the old announcer, it was always exciting whenever he tried to pronounce a Pokemon's name, never knew what you might get.

Genoa
Jun 29, 2007, 02:42 PM
On 2007-06-29 01:44, UnderscoreX wrote:
Are you trying to break the record of number of times a poster says :3 in a thread or something. Anyways, what's the standard game like or is strictly online battles ? And I liked the old announcer, it was always exciting whenever he tried to pronounce a Pokemon's name, never knew what you might get.

uh.... >_> okay? <_>

Standard game is okay, but I still say Stadium had it right with the minigames. There's all sorts of different battle senarios now for the colosseum matches.
As far as I know, there isn't any trading to DS from what you earn on Battle Revolution... so far atleast <_>.

PJ
Jun 29, 2007, 07:33 PM
Blarg to mini games. Everyone wanted to play them and they sucked.

NPCMook
Jun 29, 2007, 07:43 PM
It sounds like you enjoy the game, but I think the price tag is a little high for just an extension of pokemon... I would have prefered seeing more done instead of just battles...

DurakkenX
Jun 29, 2007, 08:04 PM
i got it... but my pokemon are all lvl 20ish and the lowest chars to battle are 30 so it's kinda unfair.

Nisshoku
Jun 29, 2007, 09:04 PM
We need to set up a PBR tourny.

At least when we get more people. And one I can participate then.

PJ
Jun 29, 2007, 09:24 PM
Same here Nish. Just wait out for me getting a Wii :C

Genoa
Jun 30, 2007, 12:40 AM
I made an all normal team for kicks :3.
Dodrio/Lopunny/Tauros/Ursaring/Snorlax/Kangaskhan
I lol'd at the few n00bs I fought using this team as I whooped up on Giratina's and their lack of knowledge that Shadow Force isn't going to hit me <_>

pokefiend
Jun 30, 2007, 06:34 PM
I wuv PBR too >''<

It's honestly what I needed! Best of all; No hacked pkmn allowed (my brother tried but they labelled em as "bad eggs" ^.^)

Right now, I have two different Passes, Abby, and Ares. Megaman what's your's? I dont like friend code battles but I'd like to know whether or not I'm facing you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

BTW the only uber I use is jirachi, but imo she's barely considered uber...

Genoa
Jun 30, 2007, 07:53 PM
I can't really consider Jirachi an ubber either. But every once in a while I get a kick out of beating the hardcore legends :3
Today my Hypno whooped a Mew, and my Magnezone barely beat a Palkia.
Fun stuff :3

My pass name is Geno. He wears formal wear with rimless specs (cool trainer) <_> I didn't want to be a cool trainer like everyone else, but i'm definaly not some little kid trainer, and i'm definatly not a buff guy either >_> so he best suited me.

pokefiend
Jun 30, 2007, 11:23 PM
LMAO way too many ppl using the cool trainer model XDDDD I'm glad ares is a young boy and Abby is a little girl.

I myself have owned a couple of Ubers, however I come across HUGe difficulties when up against Palkia or Dialga >< uncommon type + uber pkmn w/ a stat increasing item = cheap

PJ
Jun 30, 2007, 11:40 PM
Why are people proud of taking out ubers when they have a type advantage...? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

pokefiend
Jun 30, 2007, 11:45 PM
actually... Mr. Kec inc., since Palkia is part Dragon, that alone nuetralizes any lightning attack Magnezone dishes out. On a side b/c Palkia is water ice attacks are also nuetralized ><

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pokefiend on 2007-06-30 21:46 ]</font>

Genoa
Jun 30, 2007, 11:50 PM
On 2007-06-30 21:40, PJ wrote:
Why are people proud of taking out ubers when they have a type advantage...? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Actually, most cases I don't. Although I must say, my Milotic taking out Rayquaza in one hit was a nice feeling :3

But yet again, I have taken another legend noob who used Giratina against my Tauros... and try to Shadow Force it... Ended up only using Fly and Earth Power against me, which did barely anything with my defense. Impish w/pokerus and high def EV training :3 tasty stuff.
I Zen Headbutted him to death, lawl.

<3 pwning legends...

DurakkenX
Jul 1, 2007, 02:08 AM
what's the point of catchphrases if you can't use them with wifi

DurakkenX
Jul 1, 2007, 03:46 AM
also...possible glitch... if you use the leech seed and that pokemon dies the pokemon that takes the place of that pokemon still gets the life from the sapping of the energy

pokefiend
Jul 1, 2007, 06:20 AM
That's not a glitch actually, its been used since Pokemon Gold and Silver.

DurakkenX
Jul 1, 2007, 06:49 AM
you know...i'm quite disappointed in this game...i went to gamestop expecting to waste money on a game, but i thought it would be transformers which is an awesome game, while this turns out to just be a 3D battle arena...The first N64 pokemon game had better features than this v.v

NPCMook
Jul 1, 2007, 06:19 PM
On 2007-07-01 04:49, DurakkenX wrote:
you know...i'm quite disappointed in this game...i went to gamestop expecting to waste money on a game, but i thought it would be transformers which is an awesome game, while this turns out to just be a 3D battle arena...The first N64 pokemon game had better features than this v.v

I have to say I agree... I am tempted to buy the game... but its that 50 dollar price tag that turns me away from it, sure theres more to custom trainers, your pokemon in 3D, but with out really anything more, no minor adventure, no mini-games(like the Wii needs more Mini-games), that price just feels a little to high to bargain with.

pokefiend
Jul 1, 2007, 06:28 PM
I understand your concerns, but still you'll probably end up playing this game for more hours than some adventure game you'd normally buy. I already have 15 hours on it and have only owned it for 3 days. I say its worth the purchase.

BTW, does the friend pass section have a limit of passes accepted? I love being able to view some of the more professional trainer's pokemon/attacks/items to learn more of how I should play, but some of them seem to be getting deleted ;_;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pokefiend on 2007-07-01 16:29 ]</font>

NPCMook
Jul 1, 2007, 08:19 PM
Oh I'm not saying I wouldn't enjoy it... I'm just saying I don't feel 50 dollars is worth all it offers...

DurakkenX
Jul 1, 2007, 08:29 PM
The problem i have with it is that all it's earlier counter parts are better and the few things that it adds isn't worth all the things taken out from it and many of those "added" things are useless in the way you want to use them.

I loved the original N64's game...it had a lot of features that were just useful like you could pull all your pkmn data and sort it out and such.

Genoa
Jul 1, 2007, 10:38 PM
Because it doesn't have a lot of extra features, doesn't mean it isn't worth the $50. I mean having to program animations for 493 pokemon... and I mean, it's better than the graphics of the previous Pokemon Stadiums, so having to accomplish that with even more pokemon than ever...

Customizing your own trainer is pretty sweet. Also, the "story" mode of the game is pretty neat too. All the different types of battle scenarios you have to go through is pretty interesting. Some battles have a wheel that spins with you and the enemy's pokemon on it, and when you click it, it gives you a pokemon at random. Maybe yours, maybe not. It's nice for those n00bs who try to rush the story with their Legends, because it might end up screwing them over http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Not to mention, the different battle colosseums are very yes :>. And I believe they did a very nice job on the battle themes as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2007-07-01 20:42 ]</font>

kabuki64
Jul 1, 2007, 11:35 PM
I just got battle revolution as well, if anyone wants to battle on there let me know, my code is 4854 3536 6004

Genoa
Jul 2, 2007, 10:04 AM
Hypno, Magnezone, Typhlosion, and Tauros (in a double battle) just whooped a Mewtwo, Celebi, Empoleon, and Alakazam.
It was quite an impressive battle I must say http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Anyways, Kabuki, sometime we'll have to schedule a little get-together and have a little battle. That would be fun :>

EDIT: Wow, another impressive victory. Hypno, Magnezone, Tauros, and Milotic > Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Dialga, and Pikachu :>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2007-07-02 08:56 ]</font>

Nisshoku
Jul 2, 2007, 10:59 AM
You and me need to rumble sometime, Megaman. *grins*