PDA

View Full Version : Untitled Story: Part 4

Dre_o
Jun 28, 2007, 05:00 PM
His intensity was astounding. He knew no fear as the metal collided with a shower of sparks. What was even more disturbing was his love for the chaos.

"Getting a little excited are we?" the words were difficult to say as the blade back was pressed against my chest with the full weight of a young man.

"Sounds like you're getting tired to me." he chucked in a malicious tone.

"Like hell I am!" An enraged burst of strength launched him backwards and me onto my feet.

"Oooo let's not lose control shall we?" he cocked a mocking stance.

Luckaly, for both of us, I knew he was correct. If I lost control, things would go down hill really fast.

"Alright, you want control, I'll show you control."

Clear the mind...focus the energy...Go!

He reacted very well given the fact that I came at him in an augmented state. He may have been ready, but his blade was not. The excess energy in my blade forced his to vibrate. His face was all I needed to see in order to know my tactic was succeeding. He was losing his grip.

The windows were shattered by the explosion.

Nocked back by the force, I struggled to regain my footing. I recieved a brief glimpse of a sword as it flew parallel to my head, a mere inch to my right and wedged itself into the wall. The wall was 10 feet behind me.

As the smoke cleared, a new scent entered the air. A scent that is perhaps more distinct than gunpowder. The scent, of blood.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2007-07-02 13:54 ]</font>

Dre_o
Jun 29, 2007, 01:13 PM
Chapter 2?...Part 2?...whatever

"You idiots! Next time you break my training room, I'm gonna kick both your asses!" the voice shouted as the boots the voice belong to slam what was left of a door off it's hinges.

"Ehh screw you," I blasted back through the thinning smoke,"It's not my fault anyways, he pushed me into a corner and I simply struck back."

"I believe that's called excessive force one way or the next," My opponent had risen to his feet, his arms covered in blood, "Ugh, oh well, it's good to know that you're willing to go all out even on your own brother. We might need that some day."

His stride was brisk as he moved past me and pulled his sword out of the wall. He passed his gaze over the length of the blood spattered blade.

"Well, at least it's unharmed." as he returned the blade to its left side hip sheath.

"Unlike you my friend," the owner of the room chuckled,"Let's get you to the medical quarters, getcha patched up."

Reluctantly, he agreed and exited the now destroyed room. That left me standing alone in the glass and rubble.

"What about me? I'm bleeding too!"

"Bull! That's just splatter! You better get a head start to repairing my training room!"

Of course, that's the last thing I wanted to do, but I figured I had no choice, we did live in his building. So, I found a shovel and started excavating what was left of the cement floor.

Hours take an excessive amount of time when you're slaving over manual labor. Though the time dragged, I was eventually done. Just in time to enjoy a rare sunset.

On top of the building, the sky spanned infinitely in every direction. Or at least it would have, had the Clouds not been encroaching from the east. Even despite the clouds, the illusive sun burned a crimson orange on the horizon, blessing the planet with it's sacred light.

"So I heard you destroyed the training room." called a young voice from the stairwell. The voice was that of a young teen. On his hip, rested a blade that was too big for him.

"Oh, I didn't destroy it. It just might not be usable for a while."

"Yea yea, I've heard that one before."

A shadow fell over the rooftop as the Clouds began to cover the sun. A shadow as ominous as death.

"You know...they forecast that this one is gonna last even longer than last years..." the young boy was staring into the darkening sky, a distinct sadness in his eyes.

"Yea, I know."

The silence drifted upon our dimming world as the last breath of life disappeared over the horizon. He then turned headed for the door to return indoors. He caught the door frame as he melted into the shadows.

"....It is also the 10th year."

"...Yea...I know."

Sord
Jun 29, 2007, 01:48 PM
well, now it's getting more intresting (and grammatically correct.) Still not much detail on the characters though.

Dre_o
Jun 29, 2007, 05:06 PM
--Chapter 3?, Section 3? Again, no idea--

10 years, 3 weeks, and 2 days ago. Apocalypse. Though, it's ironic in the most tragic form. Everyone expected apocalypse to be a nuclear holocaust. They expected the world's leaders to press the buttons that would launch the missiles that would vaporize us all. No, that's not how it happened. Instead, the destruction came from a much higher weapon.

Orbital weapons to be exact. Instead of nuclear weapons, the world's leaders launched satellites with solar radiation amplification technology. Experimental technology. When Judgment Day came, everything that could go wrong, did.

I was just a young boy back then, but I still understood some of it. The reports on the TV told of a malfunction on board the satellites. They were using their weapons at random. There were no specific targets. There was no logic. Sometimes they struck in the ocean. Other times they hit cities.

Paris, France was the first to be wiped off the map. Next, a little town in North Dakota. No one remembers the name. Then, the true horror. The polar ice caps were instantly vaporized. Dozens of thousands of tons of water instantly flew into the atmosphere.

It was only once the satellites had collapsed from the energy of their blind assault that the world began to realize that their world would never be the same. Perhaps a week after the bombardment ended, another threat appeared in the sky.

The water that had been vaporized, salt and all, began to condense. Except these clouds were like nothing ever seen before. They towered into the sky, beyond sight. They covered the entire horizon. They moved slowly and steadily without heed to the winds on the surface.

Perhaps the most startling fact, was what it was like under those towers of Clouds. In the shadow, there was no light. The temperature fell nearly 20 degrees Fahrenheits almost instantly. Over the span of a full day, the land underneath the Clouds fell from 70 degrees to 10.

Those years were the beginning. They were the beginning of New Terra.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2007-07-02 13:13 ]</font>

Dre_o
Jul 2, 2007, 03:53 PM
I stood alone in an open doorway. Outside, the Clouds encroached in their ominous glide as the land engulfed by the shadow fell dark. Inside, another form of darkness seeps through the hallway.

"Are we ready to go?" I hollered into the dark hallway.

"Yea, we're coming." The younger voice blasted from the darkness.

"You've got everything right?" Called an older, familiar voice. His reference was to the pack resting over my shoulder and, indeed, it was full.

"Yea. Enough food for a week, flint, camping material. The works."

Now silhouettes were appearing from the darkness. One young, one adult, and one elderly. We all rested at the doorway, almost hessitant to leave despite our knowledge of what would happen if we stay.

"You boys know that you're welcome here anytime, Winter or not." The elderly man, our Guardian so to speak, had housed us every year for 10 years.

"We know Gramps. And you can bet that the moment the sun rises again over that horizon, we'll be on our way back."

"I know you will boys, but you can stay for the Winter! We can fight them off together!"

"No chance," said the stern, young adult,"We already tried that in the past remember? They don't just go for us when they know other people are around, and we will not have anyone dying for our sake."

The words fell heavily on the elderly man. We were all he had. His wife perished in the Apocalypse 10 years ago.

"Alright...I suppose your minds are already set."

"You're finally catching on old man!" chuckled the young man in full jest, "Don't worry about us! Just keep yourself warm and fed, and we'll be back to destroy your training room before you know it!" Despite the smile being fake, it is convincing enough to calm the Elder's mind.

"Alright. You boys better get going. It will get cold soon."

Our heading is due West as it always is. I casted one look back at the locked bulk head of our home. The Clouds provided a menacing background to an always welcoming view.

"Avert your eyes or your heart will stay attached." Interjected a stern voice from behind me. It came from the already shielded face of the older sibling.

"I know. I know. I just had a very bad feeling that moment."

"We all did."

EDIT: mai speelling is horribbel

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2007-07-03 13:39 ]</font>