View Full Version : Desert Terror S2

Orin654
Jun 29, 2007, 01:36 PM
Ive never done this mission before.

1. How do I get to it
2. What elemental weapons should I bring

JAFO22000
Jun 29, 2007, 01:37 PM
Desert Terror is the Dimmagolus mission. You meet the requirements for the S2, yet have NEVER run Desert Terror?????

Dj_SkyEpic
Jun 29, 2007, 01:38 PM
http://psupedia.info/Missions <-- how to get there

http://psu.amesani.org/project/mission/view.php?type=1&id=25&rank=5 <--- elementals

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-06-29 11:39 ]</font>

Orin654
Jun 29, 2007, 01:40 PM
I was not aware you had to do dessert terror to meet the requirements to do it >_>

Thank you DJ

JAFO22000
Jun 29, 2007, 01:43 PM
You don't. I just find it odd that you are a high enough level to do this mission, yet have never done it. BTW, Dimmagolus is WAY harder than De Ragan.

danny_o
Jun 29, 2007, 05:57 PM
Very similar to the Onnmagoug, the Dimmagolus that is. Earth based and possesses some strange attacks: Will frequently be airborne and sling fire/earth balls at you, or it will park in one spot and lower its wings and make a bunch of tornadoes appear. Dim also does the floor pod thing that glues you to the ground, but he usually follows it up with tornadoes, not Black Lightning. He does use the Black Lightning attack but not until it gets to lower health.

The time that Dimmy spends airborne will drive you nuts...he almost never attacks when he touches down, simply lands and takes off immediately.

Just get a bead on his wings and go nuts! And the best of luck to you!

Sylpheed
Jun 29, 2007, 06:06 PM
On 2007-06-29 15:57, danny_o wrote:
Very similar to the Onnmagoug, the Dimmagolus that is. Earth based and possesses some strange attacks: Will frequently be airborne and sling fire/earth balls at you, or it will park in one spot and lower its wings and make a bunch of tornadoes appear. Dim also does the floor pod thing that glues you to the ground, but he usually follows it up with tornadoes, not Black Lightning. He does use the Black Lightning attack but not until it gets to lower health.

The time that Dimmy spends airborne will drive you nuts...he almost never attacks when he touches down, simply lands and takes off immediately.

Iv'e found from past experience on both of these bosses that Dimmagolous is roughly about 500% more of an asshole to kill than the Onmagoug is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sylpheed on 2007-06-29 16:08 ]</font>

shotsfired
Jun 29, 2007, 06:07 PM
lol, people just dont leave the same 3 or 3 missions. this is a fun one, still like tunnel recovery better, tho

Zorafim
Jun 29, 2007, 06:11 PM
This mission is great. Though I'm not sure about the rewards, due to not caring (what's the point when everything's capped?), the area screams "Fortefighter". Even Bil De Bears are nice to me.

Sylpheed
Jun 29, 2007, 06:21 PM
On 2007-06-29 16:11, Zorafim wrote:
This mission is great. Though I'm not sure about the rewards, due to not caring (what's the point when everything's capped?), the area screams "Fortefighter". Even Bil De Bears are nice to me.

You mean FF's might actually have a purpose other than being bitched at for not being a gunner or techer? *dances*

Davot
Jun 29, 2007, 09:43 PM
[/quote]

You mean FF's might actually have a purpose other than being bitched at for not being a gunner or techer? *dances*

[/quote]Yay!*backup dances* *music queing* unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce...

Arieta
Jun 29, 2007, 11:45 PM
On 2007-06-29 16:21, Sylpheed wrote:

On 2007-06-29 16:11, Zorafim wrote:

Not really ;p as stated above, the boss spends about 90% of his time in the air so it makes a FF pretty useless against him. If/when he lands he takes off at like the same moment. When his wings get wounded he recovers very fast and normally takes off once more. Basicily a FF would do pretty decent up till the boss where they become totally useless. Pew pew handgun

Almighty_Envy
Jun 29, 2007, 11:47 PM
<_<

Il support with Fortgunner once I start to run that mission.

Korokodo13
Jun 30, 2007, 12:01 AM
If you guys play with me he will be on the ground for quite a while http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif , If you played with me before then you know that I lag a little and so it makes the boss lag aswell... gotta love fighting de ragan and having him sit in the air for 5 secs doing nothing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Alamar
Jun 30, 2007, 12:05 PM
did this mission last night and ya he is the meaner,way meaner bigger brother of Omna. its like he is on speed. he puts u to sleep hits you with wind. b4 u come awake he does it again. I died this way. no Purple lightning of doom tho. at least he did'nt this run. yea S2 he is a real big pain in the ass. oh btw it was me and 2 others. we beat him but it was a fight. even tho it was a bitch it was fun at the same time. nothing wrong with a good challenge.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 30, 2007, 12:33 PM
Yeah, this place is awesome, only problem I have are vandas who kill me with their digas. Not even worms are a problem, I just own them with Assault Crush. Vils are also an easy target of Assault crush, and for Vandas, I use Shunbu Shouren Zan, Rising Crush, or other PAs that send them flying so that they won't use their lethal magic attacks, although I still end up getting owned by them anyway.

Lonzell
Jun 30, 2007, 12:41 PM
lmao@getting killed by diagas

SolomonGrundy
Jun 30, 2007, 02:25 PM
if you can, confuse the vanda's. I've been leveling light-tye crossbow for jsut this reason. The diga will go right through you, and they are more than happy to damfoie each other. quite amusing really.

Cz
Jun 30, 2007, 02:25 PM
I play dodgeball with those Vandas. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
We play until either me or those Vandas fall. The battle was really epic. It was an unfair match of 3 vs. 12. >_> My team was Bunny, Maya, and my PM vs. 8 vandas+4 Jish (those spiky hair monsters). The battle didnt last that long because i gave them all virus with my crossbow. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif They got me with a few digas though...I tried to dodge them all but there were just an overwhelming amounts of digas. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
Fun battle though...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Made me learn to dodge digas like crazy! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bunny.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bunny.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bunny.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BunnyGirl on 2007-06-30 12:27 ]</font>

pokefiend
Jun 30, 2007, 02:34 PM
I'd try avoiding the huge annoying bil de vear map. It takes forever to finish. One party of mine took 56 minutes to finish. ><

Jakosifer
Jun 30, 2007, 06:58 PM
I love that mission, and Dimma is extremely fun, I seem to always luck up and never get targeted by him. Except his trapping you in assgoo move. >_>

XenithFlare
Jun 30, 2007, 07:04 PM
I've noted that on either Onma or Dimma, if you're first-person'ing him in the wings when he does the gootrap move, you can see him do the magic-charging animation for it, and if you're fast you can exit first-person and move a step forward. This takes out out of the trap and lets you continue pummeling him while he massacres your teammates XD Works 100% of the time for me; I've never been trapped by him.

Zorafim
Jul 1, 2007, 12:44 AM
Actually, the trapping move is really slow compared to Onma's. I have an easy time dodging that move.
The wind, on the other hand...

Soukosa
Jul 1, 2007, 05:14 AM
People willing going to Moatoob and enjoying it? Did hell just freeze over?

Sylpheed
Jul 1, 2007, 07:10 AM
On 2007-07-01 03:14, Sounomi wrote:
People willing going to Moatoob and enjoying it? Did hell just freeze over?

No, Parum did http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SaiSpagS
Jul 1, 2007, 07:28 AM
One of the variations of Block 2 has nothing but Zoonas and those huge lizards, that's not very FF friendly. pew pew.

Did it with 6 Fortegunners this morning, very quick time and Dimma went down pretty quickly.

Neith
Jul 1, 2007, 07:37 AM
You can tell who got powerleveled in Firebreak when you get a Terror S2 party.

All the people staggering Bil De Vears and not KEEPING them staggered.. Sick to death of telling people to either a) not stagger them or b) keep them continuously staggered. Seeing people wasting 10 or more Scapes because they're getting owned repeatedly by the Bil De Vear's spin is depressing.

It's a counterattack, you trigger it >_> Funnily enough, Kagajibari seems to do it whenever the hell he wants.

Also, just to note- Dimmagolus doesn't use the lightning attack (well, all the times I've done DT, he hasn't). He favours using the tornadoes instead.

*hugs Handgun* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-07-01 05:39 ]</font>

Jakosifer
Jul 1, 2007, 05:06 PM
Most of the time Im too lazy to dodge the goo move, although it would only take 2 seconds at most to exit>move>go back into FPS ><

Ryno
Jul 1, 2007, 05:38 PM
On 2007-06-30 12:34, pokefiend wrote:
I'd try avoiding the huge annoying bil de vear map. It takes forever to finish. One party of mine took 56 minutes to finish. ><

That is why I have only did it once.

bloodflowers
Jul 2, 2007, 06:55 AM
3 gunners, rifle or twin handguns with high level plasma bullets on his wings, get the initial positioning right (quickly enough) and you can destroy him in about 90 seconds. He's definitely much harder than Onmagoug though, and if he escapes the planned attack, expect to run across the arena a lot.

And after the battle you get a Mot Ebon, and maybe a Slaterian. A+. At least that's all we got 20 times in a row yesterday.

desturel
Jul 2, 2007, 04:08 PM
On 2007-07-02 04:55, bloodflowers wrote:
He's definitely much harder than Onmagoug though, and if he escapes the planned attack, expect to run across the arena a lot.

As a techer, he's easier than Omna for me. More physical damage and more HP, but the tornadoes are much weaker than the dark lightning and they don't block stun you for multiple hits. You can actually dimate yourself throughout the entire barrage as long as you aren't trapped and asleep.

As long as I stay out of physical attack range, it's only a matter of time before he dies. I can solo this run S-rank in about 2 hours without scapes (lvl 4 burn foie and Bow. Lvl 4 infect bow. Megid for small mobs...) I'm pretty sure a gunner would have an easier time soloing since traps = instant burn/virus.

Powder Keg
Jul 3, 2007, 12:33 AM
The mission is ok....I just can't stand the damn Build-a-Bears. They will follow you to hell and back if you hit them, and that's a nightmare for a force. It's fun when you get the opportunity to make them stuck though.

I would say overall it'd be worth it because of the rare drops, but ehhh...you probably know what I'm going to say about that.

I'd also like to mention that a LOT of people don't know how to survive in here and die a lot.

Some also need to be reminded that firebreak is over and you should carry scapes again >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artea on 2007-07-02 22:35 ]</font>

amtalx
Jul 3, 2007, 06:41 AM
Mayalee Fury = STFU Bil de Vear

...until you run out of PP. But that's what voice chat is for. Just warn your team that you're running out soon and no one should die.

Shishi-O
Jul 3, 2007, 10:59 AM
On 2007-06-29 16:06, Sylpheed wrote:

On 2007-06-29 15:57, danny_o wrote:

Iv'e found from past experience on both of these bosses that Dimmagolous is roughly about 500% more of an asshole to kill than the Onmagoug is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sylpheed on 2007-06-29 16:08 ]</font>
yup, true,...painfully true. 4 all u without gunz,..LOLz

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-07-03 09:06 ]</font>

Rashiid
Jul 3, 2007, 11:04 AM
why do ppl use the blitz buster/attacker on the bil de vears? they spin WHILE stunned; and when they finish; they are un-stunned.

i find them utterly retarded.....

Shishi-O
Jul 3, 2007, 11:08 AM
i lvled fred to lvl 53 solo on moatoob because of lag issues,..welcome to my world.

...this is moatoob!!!