PDA

View Full Version : i phone(toy for the rich ONLY?)

Saligun
Jun 29, 2007, 01:40 PM
After you fork over 500.00(4gig) or 600.00(8gig)(Why does this sound like the PS3 launch)if the price of the phone was the biggest thing it might not be so bad,but it's the 2yr contract at 60.00+ a month that i think makes this such a crappy deal,anyway normally when you buy a pricey new phone with a high end contract,you get a discount on the phone but all you get here is a dam near empty bank account,but if you give up something else in you life,you could probley then afford this over price toy.

This looks like a great phone so why the need to over charge everybody for it,because if this iphone doesn't do everything promise your going to have alot of very p.o users in know time.

ABDUR101
Jun 29, 2007, 02:53 PM
Don't jump on the bandwagon. Apple always releases quick revisions to their hardware, look at the ipod line of products. Everyone just needs to hold out and wait for a better deal.

Saligun
Jun 29, 2007, 03:17 PM
Well sony hasn't seen fit to give any holdouts a deal on the PS3 so i don't holdout much hope for any deals on the iphone for any time soon,they need to make a big return on iphone and from the looks of things they want to make it all back in record time.

This is not a movie release where profit drop off after a few weeks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saligun on 2007-06-29 13:19 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Jun 29, 2007, 04:20 PM
The thing is, Apple isn't as stupid as Sony. Just hold off for a while if you want one that badly.

Weeaboolits
Jun 29, 2007, 06:46 PM
iPhone is like iPod phone, maybe?

I don't really care about fancy phones, my oystr is good enough for me. ._.

K-Dub
Jun 29, 2007, 07:34 PM
even tho it is really cool

Sord
Jun 29, 2007, 07:42 PM
it looks like it would be cool to have, but honestly I'm happy with my plaine cell phone. nothing special about it, can't even play real music. but as far as I'm concered a phone is a phone, I don't need all the extra stuff. Though I did get a kick out of the fact Cisco Systems, which is who I'm studying under right now, had patented the name before hand and Apple had to buy it from them.

AlexCraig
Jun 29, 2007, 07:42 PM
I don't see me with any need for it. I have an iPod already. I don't have a cell phone, but I think I'd much rather get something more cost efficient than that.

Leonah
Jun 29, 2007, 09:13 PM
It looks so cool o.O....Soooo...Cool...
Until I saw the 600$ price, then 60+ a month. Suddenly it seems like my ipod and phone are ok. Anyways I'd be afraid to break it! I mean jeez...I'd be afraid to take that to school, or anywhere. I just see it now - people are gonna die for the Iphone. <.< Like that one guy who got beat down for his PS3...

ABDUR101
Jun 29, 2007, 09:25 PM
The thing is, I'm highly protective of my cellphone; if I went somewhere, and someone fucked up my cellphone or if even friends did something that caused the destruction of my cell; I'd have to send someone to the hospital, and my cell was about $200+. The iPhone looks cool and all that, but the majority of it's features the everyday person has no use for.

Ontop of that, it's using an older network by AT&T, instead of 3G. You also need to renew your cell contract for another two years.

This is a peice of hardware for someone who wants to have just one device to keep track of instead of an extra PDA, ipod, cellphone, etc. But here's the kicker; if you already HAVE those things, why would you want to sink more money into this? Just use what you have and in acouple years stuff like the iphone will be standard(and much more highly developed).

ShinMaruku
Jun 29, 2007, 09:39 PM
On 2007-06-29 14:20, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
The thing is, Apple isn't as stupid as Sony. Just hold off for a while if you want one that badly.

Stupid? Hardly both know that there are crazy people. The trick is how to lower price. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sekani
Jun 29, 2007, 11:14 PM
I'm so sick of the fucking hype already....

Anyway, the iPhone should be targeted to PDA/Blackberry users. Your average cell phone user has no need for all the fancy-schmancy additions.

I don't want it because I hate any phone that's not a clamshell. Sorry, I needs my flip.

Correction for Abdur: AT&T does use a 3G network (it's actually Cingular's old network).

ABDUR101
Jun 29, 2007, 11:30 PM
On 2007-06-29 21:14, Sekani wrote:
Correction for Abdur: AT&T does use a 3G network (it's actually Cingular's old network).

I said the iphone doesn't use the 3G network, it uses AT&T's older network rather than the 3G.

Jehosaphaty
Jun 29, 2007, 11:35 PM
It's like a swiss-army knife that costs 600 bucks. No thanks.

Weeaboolits
Jun 29, 2007, 11:38 PM
I don't want it because I hate any phone that's not a clamshell. Sorry, I needs my flip.

McLaughlin
Jun 29, 2007, 11:59 PM
On 2007-06-29 21:38, Ronin_Cooper wrote:

Genoa
Jun 30, 2007, 12:50 AM
If you could pick features that you would actually use that would determine the price, It would sound resonable. But it seems like the only variety is the hardrive <_>.
Personally, I find having everything on one thing a huge liability. I mean if it got screwed up, broken, or lost, you just lost everything <_>

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 30, 2007, 05:22 AM
I don't like all that touch screen nonsense. . . I prefer buttons.

Doesn't make much sense to cram so much into the iPhone. . . I'd rather just carry the MP3 and my cell around.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 30, 2007, 10:39 AM
I'm not really hyped up about this so I doubt I would care about getting one anytime soon.

McLaughlin
Jun 30, 2007, 12:16 PM
On 2007-06-29 19:39, ShinMaruku wrote:

On 2007-06-29 14:20, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

Stupid? Hardly both know that there are crazy people. The trick is how to lower price. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

When you tell your customers you think they're dumb enough to buy your console even if it launched with no games, it brands you a dolt in my books.

The trick is how to not make it another mortgage payment in the first place. But I'm not arguing about this because it'll get me banned. A ban over something this trivial isn't worth it.

hollowtip
Jun 30, 2007, 01:50 PM
iPhone lacks a number of common handheld features including voice dialing, voice recording, instant messaging, memory card slot, MMS, A2DP (stereo bluetooth), common bluetooth file transer, text copy and paste, video recording with the built-in camera, and support for MP3 files as ringtones.

The bold and underlined statement is pretty much the reason I'm not even contemplating getting one.

SStrikerR
Jun 30, 2007, 06:02 PM
i like toyz.

Wyndham
Jun 30, 2007, 06:32 PM
I'm an Mac user, and I'm, buying an iPod. butr even I think the iPhone is not to my liking. too expensive, and I don't need all that stuff together.

Airalean
Jul 1, 2007, 02:08 AM
-sigh- It seems as tho everytime I get something there something better, But over all im happy with my Razer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
and my nano there fine. So basically if you got a I-pod, a cell phone and a computer you really dont need a I-phone, yes its more convenient but still, im fine with what i got.

I got my name engraved on my nano XD pretty fancy