PDA

View Full Version : I need a new MMO!

BlueDagger
Jun 29, 2007, 09:14 PM
A couple days ago I cancelled my WoW account.
Atleast I can still use the model viewer as long as I keep WoW installed... I used that more than the real game anyways...

Earlier this evening I also cancelled City of Hereos/Villains. I simply don't play it or have any interest in it anymore.

So... I'm allowed two paid-online-games a month by my parents. I've started playing PSU again, which I really like, but I'd like to take full advantage of "the deal" so I need some suggestions for a second online (PC)game I could try. It really doesn't matter if its free or not... just another online game...

All your suggestions are belong to me! One exception though: I will never, ever, play EVE Online again.

NPCMook
Jun 29, 2007, 10:25 PM
Well there is Final Fantasy XI, Second Life. Star Wars Galaxies, Warhammer, Pirates of the carribean online, Ragnarok online, R.O.S.E. Online, Planetside... I'm sure someone else will list more

Blue-Hawk
Jun 29, 2007, 11:23 PM
Guild Wars is good, although after putting in almost 5,000 hors in 27 months, nbot counting the monthly beta's befopre release, I'm finally done with it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DurakkenX
Jun 30, 2007, 01:37 AM
You could tell your parents an odd lie, get the 6month PSU license and 2 more games per month for most months http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 30, 2007, 10:42 AM
Age of Conan looks like it might be halfway decent. they're hyping up their so-called "real combat" melee system where you have several regular attack buttons (for directions or areas I think) that need to be combo'd properly for maximum effectiveness. It's also based on Conan, so if you're a fan of that, give it a try.

Hellgate: London looks like a nice little Diablo clone or something...well, probably looks better than Diablo by now I hope. I don't have the time to check.

And stay the hell away from Star Wars Galaxies.

EDIT: Awww crap, uhh nevermind those two games. Neither of them are out yet.
I think Hellgate's close to completion though?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-06-30 08:44 ]</font>

NPCMook
Jun 30, 2007, 10:55 AM
On 2007-06-30 08:42, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

Hellgate: London looks like a nice little Diablo clone or something...well, probably looks better than Diablo by now I hope. I don't have the time to check.

I dunno if you can actually call it a clone since its made by the team who did Diablo... o.O

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 30, 2007, 11:09 AM
On 2007-06-30 08:55, NPCMook wrote:

On 2007-06-30 08:42, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

I dunno if you can actually call it a clone since its made by the team who did Diablo... o.O

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. I guess it's maybe a spiritual successor. (albeit with a much better camera) I bet it's better than Diablo already now!

Split
Jun 30, 2007, 12:51 PM
On 2007-06-29 20:25, NPCMook wrote:
Well there is Final Fantasy XI, Second Life. Star Wars Galaxies, Warhammer, Pirates of the carribean online, Ragnarok online, R.O.S.E. Online, Planetside... I'm sure someone else will list more

is planetside still good?

NPCMook
Jun 30, 2007, 02:49 PM
Personally I have no idea I don't play it I was just listing off as many MMOs that were popping into my head atm

Maverynthia
Jul 2, 2007, 07:40 AM
Final Fantasy XI is good...some of those other ones that were listed are actually Free to play... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif FFXI is the only other game I play..the rest are free to play.

Mewnie
Jul 2, 2007, 07:46 AM
FFXI: You might as well not bother playing any other game. Or don't expect to get very far.

EDIT: Might be worth going back to CoH. They're adding new hero/villian co-op missions and events in the next issue (plus Rikti invade again~)

It's in open testing right now, so it should be availabe next month.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mewnie on 2007-07-02 05:48 ]</font>

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jul 2, 2007, 05:27 PM
On 2007-06-29 20:25, NPCMook wrote:

I haven't played star wars galaxies in ages, they really ruined it

that and it got boring

Charmander02
Jul 2, 2007, 07:12 PM
Runescape!

Split
Jul 2, 2007, 07:33 PM
NO! NO! I'm driving you back to the home, runescape, and maybe you'll die of pneumonia...I mean nothing.

Otis_Kat
Jul 2, 2007, 10:30 PM
Try Age of Time. If you consider a 30 player max, feature light, can't make a male character, hasn't been updated in a year game your style. Damn addictive though.

http://www.AgeofTime.com

Katrina
Jul 3, 2007, 07:06 AM
Age of Conan is coming this fall and looks pretty good. (coming for 360 too)

Warhammer online (or "WoW part II") is getting a lot of hype as a WoW killer, but weather or not it lives up to the hype is still yet to be seen.

(visit the official sites to see if either one appeals to you)

Zalana
Jul 5, 2007, 09:51 PM
FFXI end of story.

Nidramag
Jul 6, 2007, 12:13 AM
M-M-m-maplestory *eyes flash random colors* ah mind-control, mortals

NPCMook
Jul 6, 2007, 01:01 AM
On 2007-07-03 05:06, Pixiesugar wrote:

Warhammer online (or "WoW part II") is getting a lot of hype as a WoW killer, but weather or not it lives up to the hype is still yet to be seen.

If you boast about being a WoW killer you normally tend to fall flat on your face, like Vanguard for instance

perfectminute
Jul 6, 2007, 01:40 AM
Travian is good. City builder war game, you dont have to pay, no downlaods...

Alamar
Jul 8, 2007, 11:22 AM
Vangaurd