PDA

View Full Version : My internet connection sux today

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 1, 2007, 11:48 AM
Man, my connection needs a real spanking or something, it just keeps going on and off, on and off, etc. >.>
I mean, come on, I want to level up my female newman's Wartecher, but it won't happen if I keep dc'ing all the time, preventing me from doing a full run of that new neudaiz mission or whatever. =(

omegapirate2k
Jul 1, 2007, 12:45 PM
We all have days like that :/

PJ
Jul 1, 2007, 12:51 PM
Days? My internets been like that for WEEKS.

Nai_Calus
Jul 2, 2007, 04:30 AM
Weeks? My internet has been like that for months.

But I have dialup, so. XP

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 2, 2007, 10:22 AM
Yeah, its been 2 days already, and like, sometimes my phone gets busy. I can get online, but it goes on and off, and because of that, PSU becomes practically unplayable because I keep dc'ing and all that stuff. I just want stable internet, I mean, damn, and I have a DSL, so I have no idea what the hell's going on. I'm already bummed because I miss Japan, and now the internet wants to slap me in the face some more by doing this to me? Come on, I have enough to think about, the internet shouldn't be all disobedient on me now. I did find out however that it has alot to do with the phone line at my house, because I call my house sometimes with my cell phone and it does that wierd sound thing that it does when a phone line is busy. I personally don't know what to do.

Mayu
Jul 2, 2007, 10:52 AM
It does that <.<

Mine does that alot -_-

<.< I want cable :_: but my mom isn't convinced that it's well ''FAST''

Firocket1690
Jul 2, 2007, 01:52 PM
mine's been on/off every five minutes ever since summer started. If a page just doesn't load, I'll refresh it in a minute or two. slower paced browsing, but meh.

and holy fuck, ian's still on dialup?

Charmander02
Jul 2, 2007, 02:33 PM
On 2007-07-02 08:52, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:
It does that <.<

Mine does that alot -_-

<.< I want cable :_: but my mom isn't convinced that it's well ''FAST''

I have cable. Its crap, too inconsistent.

Banish
Jul 3, 2007, 02:17 PM
Probably all the heat and hell summer.

I lose the net connection a lot also, it's becoming annoying.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 3, 2007, 02:28 PM
Well, it usually doesn't dc all time, even on Miami's tortorous hot summer. Well, right now its behaving at least.

Para
Jul 3, 2007, 02:30 PM
DSL sucks... I had it for awhile and it was going ok but then I started getting disconnects like every 5 minutes. It was related to the server being busy and that I lived a bit too far from the server so the signal was somewhat weak. Bell Canada wasn't willing to install a repeater so we were like ***k that bull**** and got cable (again).

Get cable if you can Shiro, much more reliable and faster.

Sord
Jul 3, 2007, 02:41 PM
On 2007-07-02 11:52, Firocket1690 wrote:

and holy fuck, ian's still on dialup?

actually, I think about half of the US internet users are still using dial-up. Though that number seems to jump around a lot depending on who you ask or what you're sources are

I have DSL, and have the same problem. I have to fix it by restarting the modem : /

cable never gave us connection probs, but the company was a pain in the ass, so we switched.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2007-07-03 12:44 ]</font>

Nitro Vordex
Jul 4, 2007, 02:50 AM
I hate dial-up with a passion. 31.2 Kbps is total shit. It slows down my computer horribly. I hope to get Broadband soon.
On 2007-07-02 02:30, Ian-KunX wrote:
Weeks? My internet has been like that for months.

But I have dialup, so. XP

True.