PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: Chat Function Not Working On Blue Burst.

xxShinobi
Jul 1, 2007, 03:24 PM
Hey guys glad to be here. Not glad of my situation.

First off here's my system build.

Dell Dimension E520 running Windows Vista Home Premium with an Itel Pentium 2 Core Duo Process are 2.13ghz per core with two gig of ram, 160 gig hard drive, and an Nvidia GeForce 7300 LE (256 mb memory) and a wi-fi connection at 2.0+ mbps.

Now here's what my problem is and what I've already tried. Blue Burst will open and run but when I get to the lobby I can't type. I can't even make a game because I can't even name the room! I have to wait for someone else to make a game and join that. Really sucks if I ever wanna solo... Yet I can do everything fine in Universe!

I have tried reinstalling Blue Burst several times. Although I have noticed that when I reinstall it and it downloads, there's only 11 patches downloaded compared to the 36 it would normally install if I were to install it on a computer running XP.

The other thing I've tried is to mess with the regional language and options setting. And I disabled everything except keyboard.

So...does anyone else have this problem?

Kano-Okami
Jul 2, 2007, 07:43 AM
I've had that problem too. I've recently gotten a new computer with XP and when I ran my psobb from my external HD, it runs fine but, no words can be typed, even though I can move using the Asdw control scheme.

I fiddled with the whole 'regional langauge thing, to no avail, and I've found a fix, although its not exactly the kind PSO-world agrees with.

I got a patch from scthack, basicly a modded version of psobb that allowed for newer items from the JP server to show that also got me around the 'no typing' glitch I encountered. If you consider getting the Scthack patch, I heard there is no way to play the official psobb, since it changes the games connection to the server. So if you play using the offical server, disregaurd what I've said, and try re-downloading it from the official site, it might be updated or something.

xxShinobi
Jul 10, 2007, 09:41 AM
Yeah I tried fiddling with that too...the only thing that works right now is that Japanese language pack with the obnoxiously huge letters where you need like three saybubbles for one sentence... -.-;

Eria
Jul 11, 2007, 03:32 PM
I had this problem with BB too. There are a couple of fixes the most common beeing this one.

On windows go to configuration screen > regional settings then to the languages tab and check if support for asian languages is installed.
Unchecking it should fix it.
If its not installed then I dunno o.o;
Although I see you're on Vista so I dont know if its the same on it.

I have asian language support installed but fixed it by switching through languages options once BB started, kinda complicated though...

xxShinobi
Jul 11, 2007, 07:43 PM
Hm...I've tried messing with that...

What were those other fixes you mentioned...?

Eria
Jul 14, 2007, 06:46 PM
Uhm... I don't really remember the others.
Its been a long time since I last needed to fix it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zavrin on 2007-07-14 16:46 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Aug 5, 2007, 06:39 AM
Messing with alt+shift and tilde keys were the only way I was able to type in PSO:BB.

When you see the "B I G" letters try hitting alt+shift or tilde ( or however you activate your JP keys).

As long as the JP text is activated, you can still type, but you can also switch to English text.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e349/skyepic/IME%20dictionary/IME1.jpg