PDA

View Full Version : Nights Quest is UP!!!

Munki
Dec 19, 2002, 01:28 AM
I just logged on to do a Heat Sword run, and lo and behold! An Event Quest! Named Dream Messanger! THANK YOU SONIC TEAM! Whee!

Also, the new xmas decorations are up! Well, off to go meet NiGHTS!

Edit: I don't wanna put any spoilers out there... but let me say this. If you are a fan of NiGHTS, then this quest is great. I am SO glad this made it on to our servers. I would have been very unhappy if it didn't.

I got the NiGHTS Score Attack for completing... but I finished it in about 12 minutes of the 15 minutes allowed. Anybody get some better stuff for completing it faster?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Munki on 2002-12-18 22:44 ]</font>

Sim2002
Dec 19, 2002, 01:42 AM
Does that also mean that I should start hunting the Santa Rappies? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I hope so, becuse I am off to do HS and Forest runs until I see one. Wish me luck!

pixelate
Dec 19, 2002, 02:32 AM
I was wondering what that goofy server message was for earlier...

raltga01
Dec 19, 2002, 03:31 AM
how do you download the game to your gba?

CajunSamurai
Dec 19, 2002, 04:42 AM
On 2002-12-19 00:31, raltga01 wrote:
how do you download the game to your gba?

I think a lot of people are wondering that, right about now. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif I should've expected it to be somewhat difficult to get. It's weird though, when you beat the quest, you get the NiGHTS Time Attack thing... and the description makes it sound like it's not too difficult to play the damn thing. "Go and play!" or something, it says.
We searched high and low for a GBA station similar to the one in Fake In Yellow, but didn't find anything... Maybe we gotta beat it in a certain amount of time?
We ran through Normal in about 5 minutes though, so I dunno... Maybe Sonic Team screwed up and forgot to put in a GBA station. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/pandaroll.gif

Sunaj
Dec 19, 2002, 04:51 AM
In case anyone hasn't figured outhow to download the NiGHTS level yet (please someone do.) here's a few things i noticed, hope it helps...

* There's a secret-ish area in the first or second room, about where the normal shortcut is, that has some enemies, items, and a wall blocking it. (I kicked it down.)

* Before you take the pipe back to where NiGHTS is, there's a room with...well, targetable stuff. Seems to be just boxes (magic broke em) but something else behind here...?

* There's a time limit which you know if you played it. Doing it in less time seems to do nothing, since we tried it on normal and cleared it in about 2 minutes. Maybe it's tied to game level though...? (i.e. Under a minute for normal, under 5 for Ult...)

* The rappy quest downloader is for the chao quest only.

Uh..that's it. There's also an area to boxes behind where NiGHTS appears which seem to contain jack. There's no visible GBA thing on the island or Pioneer 2.

Hope that helps someone figure it out..

Miu
Dec 19, 2002, 04:52 AM
Yeah I was really annoyed with that too... What you want to do is after completing the NiGHTs quest, make another game and pick the Shops-Warehouse quest, then teleport yourself to the Warehouse and you can upload the game to your GBA from there. They don't really explain it to you at all. I had to go to another forum to find out myself...

VulpesMundi
Dec 19, 2002, 05:07 AM
Interesting note about Dream Messenger. I found two hidden rooms amidst examining the map. Both are blocked by rocks. The first one is along the north wall of the big shoreline rooms near the center (I believe it was the western room - just walk along the wall and you'll eventually find it). I couldn't attack the rocks with weapons, but using spells I managed to break the rocks. There's some Gees to fight and a few boxes to break. Nothing particularly special. The second room is located in the last room where the teleporter is. If you look along the wall near the entrance there's a funky boulder in front of a doorway. If you turn sideways the boulder will go semi-transparent and you can see boxes in the room. Probably nothing special about that, either, but I couldn't find a way to remove the boulder to find out for sure.

As far as I can tell, the -Nights Time Attack- is the only prize for the quest (other than Meseta). The GBA download was cute, but got repetitive quite fast. What I'm wondering is if there's anything special about getting a high rank on that mini-game. It's not probable, but you never know what little easter eggs Sega could hide in something like that. I didn't have the patience to play the game enough to get a seriously high rank, though.

CajunSamurai
Dec 19, 2002, 05:07 AM
AHA! Thanks, I just read that off the GameFAQS forums and wanted to make sure it was true. YEEHAW, I'm off to play this thing!

brb! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/pandaroll.gif

CajunSamurai
Dec 19, 2002, 05:56 AM
Man, this is an awesome minigame, but it's DIFFICULT! Slightly different too from the Saturn NiGHTS in that loops (that you fly through) now count toward opening the Ideya Gate... thingie. Classic, tight Sonic Team gameplay in a bitesize package. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Wonder if anyone's made a high score thread yet...

Sunaj
Dec 19, 2002, 06:46 AM
Cool, thanks for your help Miu!

Right, those are the rooms i meant too, Vulpes. I was able to literally kick the rocks down in the first room. (weaponless.) The download seems like it won't be able to give anything, but I'm wondering about those two rooms...

eRUPT
Dec 19, 2002, 07:15 AM
Anyone seen a santa rappy yet? and is it only Love Rappys that are santa rappys? I don't evne have ult opened yet hahah. And everyone is saying to play Ult Temple for the santa rappies.