PDA

View Full Version : What weapon did you hate, but now LOVE?

haterade
Dec 19, 2002, 05:06 AM
I've tried to fight it... but I can't deny it anymore... I LOVE SLICER-TYPE WEAPONS! They look cool! they hit many! And dependig on the type, they hit with power! Multi-hits on bosses! *drool*

Sooo....what about you?

ABDUR101
Dec 19, 2002, 05:56 AM
I have to go with slicer-types. Specifically my Rappy Fan at max grind.

It's my anti-boss weapon. Infact, I hate fighting any boss without it now. It's ability to hit pretty much every part of a boss and multiply the damage done just seems stupid not to take advantage of. Why use a weapon that only hits three times when you can equip a slicer type that for every swing can hit pretty much the entire cluster of hit-areas on a boss?

elfin
Dec 19, 2002, 05:57 AM
I hated the wands i Episode 1 DC... But i couldnt be without them in the GC version... They have enhanced them in every way... Pure look and usefullness.....

Tomas the Swede

RedFox
Dec 19, 2002, 06:00 AM
i used to hate them damn dagger because they were weak, inacurate and sissy like... then i found my s-beats blades and i found true love with the lil pieces of photon joy...

*looks starry eyed at his pair of red daggers*

Sedyne
Dec 19, 2002, 06:23 AM
>_> I hated all wands before...but now

I LOVE MY HILDABLUE CANE FOR MY SEXY FORCY ^_^

Sunaj
Dec 19, 2002, 07:14 AM
Specific weapon(s)? Visk/Wals/Justy. My v.1 Fomarl found more than she could ever use, and I didn't have a ranger really, so they all got junked. I started with a Ramarl tho, and you could tear them away from her when she was using it for NOTHING. They also all looked rad, and even the specials are handy!

As a weapon series, Swords. I always prefered magic for jacking exp, and with only a Humar and a Hunewearl, never felt it was accurate or strong enough. My Hucast swears by them now trapping enemy waves with one bomb, then killing them swiftly with a couple sword swings. I barely played robots till now, so I find even the specials neat, and even choose em sometimes over stronger rares. (Mmm...Arrest Calibur...) Nevermind the new looks alone means I'm actually eager to try them, whereas the old versions were interchangable, bleh...

Ness
Dec 19, 2002, 07:36 AM
Close range weapons. Back in DC, I only used spread needle, but now I use my Yamato.

HunterXHunter
Dec 19, 2002, 07:39 AM
I hated Db sabers and blade dance so much but now they look really cool and too irreisitable to use

CorneliusPower
Dec 19, 2002, 07:40 AM
One thing I hardly ever used back in the DC dayz was any weapons special. Well now i'm a huge fan of the special attack on any given 9-10 star rare. Paralize and poison or even when it comes to halving enemies HP, oooh ahhhh! Fun times.

Goza
Dec 19, 2002, 11:10 AM
I used to hate Varista, because it was all I would ever find. Now I use them constantly on Mil Lillies to soften up for the final blow. I occassionally snipe from secure locations and go after Nano Dragons with it as well.

I also used it to get my new Skyly straight through Normal mode without stopping and just recently switched it out for a Delsaber's Buster +9.

SELENNA
Dec 19, 2002, 11:15 AM
I hated dagger-type weapons, well before I got my S-Beat's Blades! What a cool weapon to use!

TIERREN
Dec 19, 2002, 11:30 AM
I hated Dagger-type weapons, but now I use them frequently. I like using them on all enemies except Indi Belras. Then there are also the slicers which I now grown accustomed to. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Jae
Dec 19, 2002, 11:35 AM
Daggers, slicers and mechguns. Used to hate them, but can't live without them now.

Armok
Dec 19, 2002, 12:05 PM
List of most hated weopons

1. Canes
2. Wands
3. Slicers

MOst liked

1. Swords
2. Mech guns
3. Shots

Vyrus
Dec 19, 2002, 12:10 PM
Slicers, sabers and... partisans!!

I never used sabers that much, but I keep finding myself killin stuff with my durandal. I also used to use swords over partisans but I see now how much faster and accurate they are, and it beats getting hit at the end of every combo http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The beauty of slicers... they suck as a primary wep but it's good for getting exp in a team that kills stuff fast. Also nice to hit De Rol 12 times before he lands on the raft. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zae
Dec 19, 2002, 12:21 PM
I used tohate my Mushais +40(thats maxed out by the way)The first attack is so slow but when you get used to them they're the best weapon in the game its true because Zae Says so

fahdiz
Dec 19, 2002, 01:03 PM
Daggers and slicers.

Kaervek
Dec 19, 2002, 01:05 PM
Well, seeing as how it's the only rare weap I have found that I can use at the current time - I loooove my BLADE DANCE! Heh, does the most damage of any of my current useable weapons. ( I have found a Bazooka on an Al Rappy, and a Varista! score! ) Plus, it appears as all of the 'common rares' have had face-lifts, so it's not so bad after all! something new to look at, at least.

Kaer

00JOE
Dec 19, 2002, 03:42 PM
I love my Final Impact! Did they change shots any? They seem so much better now..

Robantifast
Dec 19, 2002, 09:04 PM
I hate canes. They're just weaker Sabers that are a bit different looking. Really, useless weapons. why not just use a Saber?
Anyway, for a good reply: I started messing with a slicer the other day on Ver. 2 (no GC yet argh) and I thought it was pretty cool. I think my personal favorite will always be swords tho. I used to hate Sabers until I got a Red Saber. They're my second favorite now. Then Mechguns. Slicers can have fourth haha.
I cannot wait for the new double sword weapons...maybe they'll beat out one of my favorites. They look cool.
DEATH TO CANES!

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Dec 19, 2002, 09:19 PM
I'm ORAN and I used to hate Daggers, now I love em ^_^

M_BlackHawk
Dec 20, 2002, 12:16 PM
I used to hate mechguns..and STILL DO HATE MECHGUNS. Mainly because every time I turn around with a set equipped, people are asking if my character is Lara Croft.

ladies and gentlemen, let me say this one more time.

I AM NOT LARA CROFT

LATER

M_BlackHawk

Elusive_Llama
Dec 20, 2002, 12:46 PM
Slicers are one of the most underrated weapons in PSO. Sure they're slow and not that powerful compared to other HU weapons, but they've got range and can hit multiple targets. Think of them as the HU version of a shotgun.

Kupi
Dec 21, 2002, 11:06 AM
On 2002-12-19 18:04, Robantifast wrote:
I hate canes. They're just weaker Sabers that are a bit different looking. Really, useless weapons. why not just use a Saber?

1) Simple Tech boost, in the case of the rare Canes.
2) MST requirement makes them more readily available to a FO whose keeping a balance between their stats.
3) Increase to EVP. Not huge, but noticable and it kinda helps when you stick to casting. FOs need more EVP than DFP if they're sticking to a cast-only strategy anyway...

Cloak
Dec 21, 2002, 03:28 PM
Partisans used to be really good in v1/2, and I hated/never used Swords. Now I only use Swords instead of Partisans. Parti's don't seem worth it in GC, higher ATA for less ATP, easily fixed by like 15 hit %. But you can't really "fix" a Partisan's low ATP by using % since % were toned down; also I(HUnewearl) can get out a full 3 hit combo on any enemy besides ult forest monsters. But that's fixed by God/Battle. (Funny how stuff like Bartles swing their arms faster than a Vulmer thing or Melqueek, screwing up your sword combos @_@)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cloak on 2002-12-21 12:29 ]</font>

Sapphire87
Dec 21, 2002, 05:03 PM
At first, I disliked mechguns due to their notorious inaccuracy, weakness, and slow weapon animation. But once you get to a higher level, you'll begin to fire them faster and actually hit your target most of the time. A pair of Gush Vulcans does wonders against Falz.