PDA

View Full Version : i hate my luck.

Illiana
Dec 19, 2002, 08:39 AM
Today I finally got my PURPLENUM RAmar up to single player ult and decided to try my hand at getting a psycho wand for my FO (mil lilies). Well mil lilies are supposed to have a good rare drop rate. So I got the addicting food quest and popped down into caves with standard mil lily hunting gear (4 resist/devil and DELSABERS SHIELD. gives a nice 90 dark resist ^_^)

Room 1 i pop down and... HOT DAMN a mil lily! must be my lucky day. Kill it.. meseta... oh well there will be more.

On the way to the 6 lily room in C2 (where i pipe trick for them) i find a total of THREE yes THREE mil lilies. They dropped the following.

meseta
trifluid
kings frame

By now i'm getting slightly annoyed so i get to the 6 lily room and pipe for a while (30 mins or so) and see another mil lily. I kill it.

meseta

Damn this sucks. Well, there are still 5 left so i pipe some more (45mins or so) and get another mil lily. I kill it.

M E S E T A!

ARGHHHHHH >_<. I would be less frustrated if I had just found 1 mil lily and it had dropped junk. But i found five and they ALL DROPPED GARBAGE.

Now that i think about it i have pretty good luck in finding all rare monsters all the way down to the love rappy (seen 2. both dropped crap). The *only* one i have gotten a rare item from is a FRICKEN HILDEBLUE. the only time when i couldnt care less whether or not it drops a rare, i get one. but who needs the hildeblue cane... no one.

Just makes me wish i had a trained monkey who could pipe trick and come get me when he sees a mil lily.

Goza
Dec 19, 2002, 10:43 AM
I piped for a while trying to get a Pal Rappy with my Ultimate Greenil for Guard Wave. I managed to get one and scored a digrinder (woohoo). Subsequent efforts yielded nothing. Eventually I got bored and played my other Skyly on Hard.

I do FIY and immediately find an Al non-piping for a last survivor. I then hit the caves and the first evil shark I ever kill drops a DB Saber. Next room has an unpiped Nar for another last survivor. Crap rares, but this is Hard mode, and I didn't have to pipe.

Maybe you need to switch characters and fake the game out http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I've cleared the forest some 10 times since I found my last rare. I have yet to see any double saber type weapon, but I still think those screenshots look too authentic to pass up. I would say it's patience, but it's more than patience. I'd call it masochism.