PDA

View Full Version : Luck Affecting Rares

Orin654
Jul 4, 2007, 05:42 PM
Sorry to bump up an old topic. But ive heard people say that 3 star luck doesnt affect rares. they only affect "drop anything" rate. Then why is it when we had 3 star luck people leading firebreak games we got tons more nanopolymer instead of nansorein.

Notice: This topic was originally part of Anyone still doubt luck affects rare maps? (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?forum=20&topic=144547)

KidoKresh
Jul 4, 2007, 05:55 PM
i looked for jaggo for about a week during FB and we found em a lot! with or without luck(but didn't get what we wanted ;.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Almighty_Envy
Jul 4, 2007, 05:56 PM
3* luck week means lots of soloing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Mayu
Jul 4, 2007, 05:58 PM
Luck doesn't affect maps -_- well the chance of improving a ''Rare spawn'' it doesn't http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

It's like a 50% ;p

It goes 254264343643643 for like 10 seconds then yay http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif 50%
- - 32543546436 Normal map 3254365346 Normal map 253643643 Rare map http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

And whoever told the rumors of the ''Universe switching gets you better chances of rare maps'' -_- You fail <3

KidoKresh
Jul 4, 2007, 05:59 PM
is it true that the "Red Leader"(red meaning color next to your name) that luck is better for the whole party?

Almighty_Envy
Jul 4, 2007, 06:04 PM
Leader luck is counted, doesnt matter what color

KuroiKaze
Jul 4, 2007, 10:36 PM
People are talking about luck and effecting rare maps and all that stuff and thats fine and good, but nobody is talking about the degree of the luck or how many people in the party have to have what kind of luck.....

I know that somebody has to have 3* luck, and probobly the party leader may have to...but do those "statistics" change with more people in the party haveing 3* luck? Hell, mabey this was talked about somewhere earlyer but still, i think its a valid question.

Niloklives
Jul 5, 2007, 06:38 AM
Luck is only effected by the leader. nothing else.

In regards to universe switching, it seems far fetched but I was in a group of 4 hunting rare maps and we got a jaggo map first run. then 4 runs more and we'd gotten nothing. so we switched unis. first run on that uni we got jaggos. three runs later we switched again. the pattern continued til everyone got tired. so about 3 or 4 hours. but it never failed. Weird, huh?

Rashiid
Jul 5, 2007, 10:16 AM
i was in uni 1 when it was full and got 3 jaggo maps on that mission in a row. i h8`d that mission....

eightball
Jul 5, 2007, 10:56 AM
i feel like the total amount of luck does affect the outcome...i know everyone says it doesn't but there have been many times when i have been in a party of three star luck and rare items were flying around...the other day had two kitty claws drop in three runs for example

60Hz
Jul 5, 2007, 01:32 PM
From my experience luck affects mainly normal drops (like material drops, mates etc...)... so u'll be seeing more junaline, special drops (see the jp wiki's drop table) are not effected or so minutely it doesn't appear to matter. I've gotten most of my special rares or seen rares drop in games i'm leading (boards and units: Fu.ka, 2x S/PS, Rabol Rappy, 2x M/Quick etc...) on luck 0 and luck 1... this is not to say luck0/1 is more luckier than 3, they just happen to happen more often than luck3 (at least for me)...

It's the person who starts the mission that gets the luck (but when hunting one shuold go solo anyway), at least thats the rule i use, so if you switch lead during a game i dont think it will effect the luck (but it may...).

I dont think other people's luck matter.

I'm not sure if what universe u are in modifies your luck either. Rare spwans seem to be independent of luck as well.

There are theories that your class/race makeup effects the type of drops you tend to get... don't know about that (basically a section id system). Play time was theorized in PSO (was this ever proven/disproven???)...

The sure fire way of gaining good drops is to play missions as much as possible.

I have noticed that co-op games rare spawn seem much more frequent than non-co-op missions - makes sense since ST likes to reward team work...

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jul 5, 2007, 01:51 PM
On 2007-07-05 11:32, 60Hz wrote:
From my experience luck affects mainly normal drops (like material drops, mates etc...)... so u'll be seeing more junaline, special drops (see the jp wiki's drop table) are not effected or so minutely it doesn't appear to matter. I've gotten most of my special rares or seen rares drop in games i'm leading (boards and units: Fu.ka, 2x S/PS, Rabol Rappy, 2x M/Quick etc...) on luck 0 and luck 1... this is not to say luck0/1 is more luckier than 3, they just happen to happen more often than luck3 (at least for me)...Uh, yes and no. We are fairly certain Photon Fortune affects only DAR, and not actual drop rates. Things like Me/Quick come from boss boxes, which always have 100% DAR, so in theory PF does not affect them at all. Special drops (I assume you mean Area Drops, yes?) are just as affected by PF as are other items, since these drop only from monsters.

It's the person who starts the mission that gets the luck (but when hunting one shuold go solo anyway), at least thats the rule i use, so if you switch lead during a game i dont think it will effect the luck (but it may...).I am of the opinion that changing mid-mission does indeed switch your PF, for several reasons. Switching leaders switches who has the specific leader rights (e.g. Party Name, Remove Member, etc.), so why couldn't it also switch PF? Furthermore, it is undeniable that PF changes midmission if you are in the middle of a run at 12:00 AM PST. Why can't switching leader change it too?

I dont think other people's luck matter. It doesn't.

I'm not sure if what universe u are in modifies your luck either. Rare spwans seem to be independent of luck as well.Universe does not mean anything. Rare spawns have nothing to do with PF, as far as anyone can tell. PF only affacts the following things: DAR and grinding.

There are theories that your class/race makeup effects the type of drops you tend to get... don't know about that (basically a section id system). Play time was theorized in PSO (was this ever proven/disproven???)...Class/Race means nothing. Play time in PSO had nothing to do with it.

The sure fire way of gaining good drops is to play missions as much as possible.Lolya.

I have noticed that co-op games rare spawn seem much more frequent than non-co-op missions - makes sense since ST likes to reward team work...Nope. You probably think this because you play co-op more often than solo. I've seen several Rappy spawns in Linear Line while soloing to level techs, so party size has nothing to do with it.

eightball
Jul 5, 2007, 02:04 PM
I love when people speak so adamantly about something that is still speculation...there could be other things that affect drops and luck, other than that which sega has told us, yet when people theorize someone has to come in and try to act like the creator...people are just brainstorming here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eightball on 2007-07-05 12:04 ]</font>

DarkRM7
Jul 5, 2007, 02:09 PM
I know this may sound stupid to ask but I am new to the game and recently started playing online but how the hell do you know what your luck is? How can you tell?

eightball
Jul 5, 2007, 02:16 PM
above your characters head is your name...and to the left of your name is your luck...there is one two and three star luck...three stars is a glowing gold sun looking thing...two is a bunch of stars moving around...and one star is very few stars moving around...and obviously zero is nothing

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jul 5, 2007, 02:17 PM
On 2007-07-05 12:04, eightball wrote:
I love when people speak so adamantly about something that is still speculation...there could be other things that affect drops and luck, other than that which sega has told us, yet when people theorize someone has to come in and try to act like the creator...people are just brainstorming here.
I'm simply applying Occam's Razor here. Sure, I might be wrong, but I may very well be right.

On 2007-07-05 12:09, DarkRM7 wrote:
I know this may sound stupid to ask but I am new to the game and recently started playing online but how the hell do you know what your luck is? How can you tell?

It's listed somewhere on POSW here, I think on the main forum page. You can also go here (http://psupedia.info/extensions/PhotonFortune/LuckToday.html) to view it. That table automatically updates each day.

Or, you can just hit Ctrl (for PC, don't know the other buttons) to scroll through the information over your character's head. The sparkly stuff next to your name indicates Photon Fortune.

DarkRM7
Jul 5, 2007, 02:22 PM
Thanks man yea I wasn't sure what those little stars meant...so that means that for the most part I've had 2 luck but I have yet to see any rares drop http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jul 5, 2007, 02:27 PM
On 2007-07-05 12:22, DarkRM7 wrote:
Thanks man yea I wasn't sure what those little stars meant...so that means that for the most part I've had 2 luck but I have yet to see any rares drop http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Don't worry, nothing remotely valuable drops until you start running at least S-rank missions, S2 for some.

DarkRM7
Jul 5, 2007, 02:32 PM
Lol...damn I still got a long way to go then!!! I'll start paying attention to my luck

Ryoki
Jul 5, 2007, 03:01 PM
In my eyes, luck affects the drop rate of anything over 7*'s. That's it. That includes boss boxes and normal box drops.

It also effects grinding.

Other then that, nothing, I would say.

Mewn
Jul 5, 2007, 03:11 PM
I've considered the possibility that, in addition to DAR, Luck may also affect the quality of material drops. I found that, in 3* Luck UO games, Nanopolymer dropped pretty frequently, compared to 0* Luck games where it was virtually all Nanoresin.

While soloing Mad Beasts S2, I seemed to get more Par Walna instead of Par Ebon, and more Petanite instead of Giga or Teranite.

Of course, this is just conjecture, and it needs a lot more testing before I could hope to confirm it. But it seems to hold true, in my limited experience.

Ryoki
Jul 5, 2007, 03:39 PM
On 2007-07-05 13:11, Mewn wrote:
I've considered the possibility that, in addition to DAR, Luck may also affect the quality of material drops. I found that, in 3* Luck UO games, Nanopolymer dropped pretty frequently, compared to 0* Luck games where it was virtually all Nanoresin.

While soloing Mad Beasts S2, I seemed to get more Par Walna instead of Par Ebon, and more Petanite instead of Giga or Teranite.

Of course, this is just conjecture, and it needs a lot more testing before I could hope to confirm it. But it seems to hold true, in my limited experience.

Of course, this is proven to be true.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jul 5, 2007, 03:45 PM
On 2007-07-05 13:39, Ryoki wrote:

Of course, this is proven to be true.

Actually, no, it hasn't been proved yet.

I will admit, though, there likely is some truth to this. However, I can't help but wonder if we will ever be able to understand how exactly it works.

Also: Ryoki, I'm curious as to your opinion of Burn/Resist.