PDA

View Full Version : Few questions...

Midicronica
Jul 5, 2007, 05:37 PM
Simple question. What effects the rate of status effects being applied?

I'm not exactly sure and I'd just like to get a solid answer. I've heard that it's either ATA, STA, END?

One last thing clear this up for me. Are STA and END the same fucking thing?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Moses on 2007-07-05 15:38 ]</font>

LS_Aksion
Jul 5, 2007, 07:33 PM
well, ive noticed a diffrence when the Mega/Stamina +2 End/Sta or Puyo-puyo Arua +4 End/Sta is equiped.

ATA is Range Accuracy & also determines what Range Weapon "Rights" you can use, if "Rights" are high enough

Stamina, i would belive its how well you can cause Status. Higher is Better http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Endurance is how well you can Resist Status. Higher is also better

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LS_Aksion on 2007-07-05 17:33 ]</font>

Sekani
Jul 6, 2007, 09:32 AM
Yes, STA and END are the same thing.

Hrith
Jul 6, 2007, 09:38 AM
ATA does not affect SEs, but missing less = more chance of inflicting SEs, duh <_<

SolomonGrundy
Jul 6, 2007, 01:34 PM
it should be said *explictly* that higher SE has a better chance of being applied to lower level targets.

For instace, pannons can be affected by SE1. but use 2 will effect them more often, and SE3 more often still.

Speaking of size, the general rule is SMALL=SE1, MEDIUM=SE2, LARGE=SE3
this is not a hard and fast rule though...olaka get frozen by macine guns, for example.

Serious testing hes not really been done about the effects of ATA and application of SEs, however Hrith is totally correct in saying more '0's = less hits = less chances to apply.

EDIT: one more thing: sword and cane seem to effect stamina, making SE harder to apply. King, surprisingly, does not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-07-06 11:35 ]</font>

imfanboy
Jul 6, 2007, 02:33 PM
King DOES; otherwise how do you explain how I've been shooting a King Go Vahra with a virus bow for the last, oh, 9 hours and no virus effect? :

If you want a list of all the enemies, their STA ratings, and the SEs that can effect them, here you go:

http://psu.amesani.org/project/enemy/status.php

Just click on the relevant planet and it'll bring up a list of all the enemies that spawn on said planet. Sounami copied it from the PSU Perfect Bible.

Pillan
Jul 6, 2007, 03:12 PM
On 2007-07-06 12:33, imfanboy wrote:
King DOES; otherwise how do you explain how I've been shooting a King Go Vahra with a virus bow for the last, oh, 9 hours and no virus effect?

King doesn’t effect STA. You were probably fighting a King Vahra with a shield. Vahra, Vanda, and Gauzoran shields increase their STA to like 50, making them immune to all bullet effects (traps work, of course). Apparently there is a weird case where King Ollaka are immune to poison though.

Also, the only SE 3s that work on large mobs are burn and poison. If you really want to hit the mob regularly, I suggest you use SE 3 on medium mobs, SE 2 on small ones, and SE 4 burn or traps on large ones.

imfanboy
Jul 6, 2007, 03:23 PM
Ah, I am fighting a vahra with a shield. Good to go.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 6, 2007, 04:21 PM
I think it's the sword, NOT the shield. that's important, and easy to test. solo crimson, and 'we' can find out. (sworded, UN-shielded go-varha's)

Pillan
Jul 6, 2007, 06:28 PM
On 2007-07-06 14:21, SolomonGrundy wrote:
I think it's the sword, NOT the shield. that's important, and easy to test. solo crimson, and 'we' can find out. (sworded, UN-shielded go-varha's)

Swords raise STA as well, but on Vahra/Vanda it only raises their STA to like 30. Shields raise their STA to 50.

Also there are some mobs where the sword and shield don’t effect STA at all, or at least not noticeably, such as Kamatoze.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-07-06 16:29 ]</font>