PDA

View Full Version : favorite transformer?

DurakkenX
Jul 5, 2007, 06:48 PM
Who's your favorite...and make sure to say where from as the optimus prime energon is dif from generation 1 and different from armada

My fave is either Cheetor or Blackarachnia from the G1 universe Beast Era transformer series. Both are cool ^.^

btw: G1 universe is what most people refer to as the canon of Transformers and it includes, at least to my knowledge, the original cartoon which was made in the 1980s, the animated transformers movies, Beast Wars and Beast Machines, not including the japanese only seasons of any of those...If I recall correctly original transformers had 3 seasons and then a short 4th season...in japan that forth season was disregarded as it was only 3 episodes and a season called 'headmasters' was created and i think one more season after that which is not considered canon...for Beast wars there were 2 japanese only seasons that may or may not be part of canon and I believe there was also a few comics that are considered canon as well... >.> Everything beyond that is considered fluffy crap i think...

Weeaboolits
Jul 5, 2007, 06:56 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c151/Karsh1337/Unicron-Robot.jpg

PhotonDrop
Jul 5, 2007, 07:24 PM
I thought Energon and Armada was part of one continuing series with Cybertron as the third installment? >_>

Anyway, my favorite has got to be Ultra Magnus just for the sheer irony of his role in the (animated)movie.

Next in line is Dinobot in Beast Wars, I liked his toy a lot :3

Garnet_Moon
Jul 5, 2007, 08:17 PM
Original Soundwave and Starscream, and Beast Wars Rampage and Inferno.

trypticon
Jul 5, 2007, 08:59 PM
Shockwave was cool.
Wheeljack and Mirage were cool, too.
Also liked Jetfire/Skyfire, even if he was ripped off.

UnderscoreX
Jul 5, 2007, 09:28 PM
Optimus Prime!
Never really watched the cartoon but yeh, he's cool I guess.

MayLee
Jul 6, 2007, 12:04 AM
StarScream..LOL No..>.>

So many to choose from..Can I pick Beastbots instead? Cheetor. <.<

perfectminute
Jul 6, 2007, 01:45 AM
Wow... I rmember wacthing Beast Wars... It was amazing... I also remember a cousin of mine that collected the action figures. He had 100+ of them, and they were the nice ones. He got mad at me when I moved them... Ya...

DurakkenX
Jul 6, 2007, 04:50 AM
PhotonDrop... I'm not sure how that universe goes...energon, armada, and cybertron could all be one universe but i'm not sure, most people only care about the G1 universe which is to be considered the only one that matters as it is the true universe.

Beast wars/machines, is part of G1 and are as far as a i can figure 4 million years into the future and several hundred thousand years into the past at the same time ^.^ They are all transformers ^.^ and actually the Beast Wars ones are more advanced than all the other ones ^.^

And I'm watching all 3 seasons of beast wars and the 2 seasons of beast machines currently again... which is something like 78 episodes and 39 hours ^.^

Zelutos
Jul 6, 2007, 04:57 AM
Yay for Cheetor! He was always my favourite.

Nisshoku
Jul 8, 2007, 12:26 AM
Movie Bumblebee.

He's made of Camaro, and win. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jaspaller
Jul 8, 2007, 12:36 AM
Ugh, so many to choose from. The two that stand out in my head though are Grimlock and Starscream from the original cartoons

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaspaller on 2007-07-07 22:37 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Jul 8, 2007, 01:35 AM
Optimus Muthafuckin Prime!

Alisha
Jul 8, 2007, 02:07 AM
im a huge dinosaur nut so i liked all the dinobots from G1 i even have an ancient vhs tape with their introductions episodes

http://apocalypse-tribe.com/hive/alishas/images/Grimlock.jpg

i also like the constructicons

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2007-07-08 00:08 ]</font>

February
Jul 8, 2007, 02:52 AM
I'm more of a G1 fan than anything, so Bumble Bee, Optimus Prime, Hot Rod, Megatron/Galvatron Starscream, Skywarp, Soundwave, Shockwave, Arcee (In the movie at least, not so much in the Japanese Head Masters series.)

SubstanceD
Jul 8, 2007, 05:44 AM
Back in the Generation 1 days my favorite Transformer was Jazz.

Other favorites were Shockwave. Wheeljack and Grimlock.

Later on ( after Optimus Prime died ) my favorites changed to, Hot Rod ( Rodimus Prime ), Ultra Magnus, Blur, Galvatron and all the Predacons ( what was the name of the guy they used to combine to form ).

Oddly enough I never really liked Optimus Prime ( I never hated him, he just wasn't one of my favorites ), it wasn't untill he died that I really missed him so I was glad that they ressurected him.

Sekani
Jul 8, 2007, 07:11 AM
"Soundwave superior, Constructions inferior."

Alamar
Jul 8, 2007, 11:21 AM
OPTIMUS PRIME FTW!!!!!

Innominate
Jul 8, 2007, 10:36 PM
On 2007-07-05 16:56, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c151/Karsh1337/Unicron-Robot.jpg

Indeed!

Zorafim
Jul 9, 2007, 02:32 AM
I was always a fan of Blackarachnia from Beast Wars, but I can't place why. Could be because she was pretty much the only one that used melee attacks, or maybe the fact that she had breasts.

Re-watching the series, I really liked Depth Charge. First off, he's aquatic, which already heads him above the others. Beyond that, he's on a mission of revenge, and isn't afraid of even dieing to get it. And not only is he on a quest for revenge, but he's hunting an unstoppable monster. Then there's also his personality, the only beast war in the series that's actually serious. There's also the fact that one of his weapons is a spear, too.
His toy was also amazing as well. His beast mode screamed "Use me as a gun". His vehicle mode was a bloody spaceship, who else do you know that was badass enough to transform into a spaceship? However, his robot mode is lacking simply because he needed his tail to stand up. Besides that, though, that was a pretty sweet robot mode.

So yeah, Depth Charge.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-07-09 00:35 ]</font>

RoninJoku
Jul 9, 2007, 11:29 AM
Back in the day was Jazz, Soundwave and the Dinobots...

Then Beast Wars came along http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gifOO

Soo many good ones...

Silverbolt, Inferno, Tarantulas, Depth Charge, Rhinox... But my favorite would have to be

Waspinator (Terrorize!) XD

Kevino
Jul 9, 2007, 02:31 PM
Optimus Prime, Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime, blur, Bumble bee, Jazz (most), Ironhide, Ultra Magnus, Blaster, Grimlock, Sleg, Sludge, Swoop, etc.
then theres
Megatron/Galvatron, StarScream, ThunderCracker, Skywarp, Soundwave, Bonecrusher, Devistator, etc.

Pretty much any first series is my favorite mostly Blur and Jazz though. I hated Beast wars and pretty much all after... they were way to... well bad! Anything new just makes them bulky and childish and Beast wars seemed a mockery of the Transformers to me... you people can like them but I never will hehe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kevino on 2007-07-09 12:35 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Jul 9, 2007, 11:46 PM
Headmasters was a mockery v.v
Beast Wars revitalized and added a lot to the Transformers universe...I just finished rewatching the entire series. It has some great moments and though many of the characters were a bit weird they all mixed together to make a rather entertaining show... I think now that I've grown a bit since then I like waspinator more than most of the others. He's the underdog, always getting messed with, and still has the balls to get excited over being selected for a special mission... more over i think he is more like the everyman char than most of the other chars out there as they were all obviously trained...I think waspinator just signed on to get a little respect. "Why universe hate waspinator?!" I'm sure everyone feels that way ever now and then ^.^

Kevino
Jul 13, 2007, 12:31 AM
No... I'm pretty sure some people have no clue who Waspinator is... hehe I'm just kidding I know what you mean. I suppose it wasn't horrible when I look back on it but still G1 was the best.

Kimil
Jul 13, 2007, 03:08 AM
Rat Trap and The Raptor guy who's name I forgot xD

kevlar_pso
Jul 13, 2007, 03:16 AM
So many to choose from. From the G1 comics, Blaster, Megatron, Ratchet, Optimus, Sky Lynx, . . . Shockwave was probably my favorite from the comics. G1 from Marvel was a four book limited edition that was greenlighted as a regular series. The cover of issue five had Shockwave standing in front of a wall and his laser canon was smoking. Underneath the "The Transformers" title Shockwave wrote, "ARE ALL DEAD." He owns.

The recent comics were cool, I own quite a bit of those as well. Armada segued (sp?) into Energon which was cool. The highlight of that series for me was seeing Armada Megatron battle Galvatron from an alternate universe. /drool If you have not seen the War Within series you are missing out on some of the coolest designs of the G1 Transformers as they are G1 and is set when Optimus Prime was selected to lead the Autobots and they are all in Cybertronian modes.

From the G1 toy line, it would be Optimus Prime, Megatron, Devastator, Omega Supreme, Trypticon, all the triple changers, all the Dinobots, Soundwave, Ravage, Starscream, Jetfire, Cyclonus. I never owned Starscream, any of the Dinobots or Cyclonus. I wish I did.

Am I the only one who noticed that Trypticon did not list Trypticon as being one of his favorite Transformers? l0l Good stuff.

I am only missing the last two seasons of G1 on DVD. I have all of Beast Wars/Beast Machines on DVD. I like G1 for the nastalgia, I like BW/BM because it has more story and continuity that G1. My four and a half year old son likes to watch both.

Beast Wars/Beast Machine toys were cool. I have never owned any, and have not bought any for my son.

All the Star Wars Transformers are awesome. My son owned around ninty percent of then. They make my overplayed G1's look shabby and dated. Kind of killed some of the nastalgia for me when I showed all my G1 TF's to my son.

All the reimagined G1's that came out are really cool. Yes, even Megatron. My son has most of those too. Although, some of them I have to convert for him. He loves his Bumblebee from that series.

The movie Transformer toys are pretty cool. I was a little let down by Megatron, but he is growing on me. Other than the entire Robot Heroes line, which is all G1 mind you(these were released along with the movie toys), I have not been able to single out a movie toy I like. I guess if I had to answer that at this moment I would have to say Bumblebee as the new Camaro, that new Camaro is just too hot. All the movie toys look pretty cool, even the small one that is a handheld game system. What I will more then likely end up doing is getting my son a few movie toys for the time being(since his birthday is towards the end of September and all). From now until then I will buy all the movie toys, hide them, then give him a birthday he will never forget.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kevlar_pso on 2007-07-13 01:18 ]</font>

trypticon
Jul 13, 2007, 10:53 AM
On 2007-07-13 01:16, kevlar_pso wrote:

Am I the only one who noticed that Trypticon did not list Trypticon as being one of his favorite Transformers? l0l Good stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kevlar_pso on 2007-07-13 01:18 ]</font>

I thought that was a given. I didn't list him because I don't know if many people remembered him or not. Some of the larger base transformers were easily forgetable.

Weeaboolits
Jul 13, 2007, 10:58 AM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u68/NSUDemonChipmunk/Trypticon.jpg

This guy?

I vaguely remember having a toy of him, I think.

Kevino
Jul 13, 2007, 01:44 PM
You had a photobucket warning as a toy?!

Weeaboolits
Jul 13, 2007, 02:04 PM
What?

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/Trypticon.jpg

Better?

kevlar_pso
Jul 13, 2007, 02:51 PM
On 2007-07-13 08:53, trypticon wrote:

On 2007-07-13 01:16, kevlar_pso wrote:

I thought that was a given. I didn't list him because I don't know if many people remembered him or not. Some of the larger base transformers were easily forgetable.

I was about to go to bed when I typed that. l0l I still have my Trypticon, but when I pulled him out of his box a few months ago, I noticed that there was dried battery acid in the battery compartment. That sucked.

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 14, 2007, 03:15 PM
Armada: Starscream
http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/thumb/8/88/Starscreamut.jpg/350px-Starscreamut.jpg
Starscream had a bigass laser cannon which kicked sooo much ass.

Cybertron: Hotshot
http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/products/8040126878e1_a400.jpg
Hotshot is always reckless and he transforms into the coolest looking vehicle.

The Movie: Bumblebee
http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/4427/bumble1zw8.jpg
I swear, the 2008 Camaro made me pee myself during the movie...TWICE. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 360NyTeMaRe on 2007-07-14 13:25 ]</font>

Kevino
Jul 14, 2007, 11:23 PM
On 2007-07-13 12:04, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
What?

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/Trypticon.jpg

Better?

Yes much better!