PDA

View Full Version : Do people use megid?

brunzwickw
Jul 7, 2007, 07:52 PM
I was just wondering if megid is actually used for some special skill or is it just a waste, because my fonewearl has like lv 26 megid and it still sucks. I never played online, so I may not know all the special tricks associated with megid, but I just want to know if and how megid should be used

Splash
Jul 7, 2007, 08:21 PM
Episode 2, enough said.

And on a FOnewearl, saves you the trouble of finding a Demonic Fork.

zentetsua
Jul 7, 2007, 08:34 PM
I have a fonewearl too and my megid is lower but if your lucky enough u might deal 1 hit k.o. btw character luck is not involved w/ megid's chance to hit (or item acquisition for that matter) since it's chance to hit is ungodly low i rarely use it.

Rob19
Jul 7, 2007, 10:57 PM
depends on the level, if they're a foney (if not then demonic fork-get), and where u are. i know a lot of ppl who just blaze through seabed w/ it.

Hopesbane
Jul 8, 2007, 01:55 AM
Central Control Area and Seabed are generally the only feasible Megid areas, and even then, there are enemies it is unwise to continuously attempt it on.

DC_PLAYER
Jul 8, 2007, 07:03 AM
there was a time that i used lvl 15 megid on vhard forest, but i found out i could kill in 1 hit with my power instead of wasting tp on a tech that wasn't 100% effective.
also i beleive the first criature in ultimate mines killed was due to lvl 15 megid, wasted my entire tp to kill 1 machine, i used it because i was no match to those ver.2 ultimate machine enemys.
now i never use it.......NEVER

Mewn
Jul 8, 2007, 08:07 AM
It's very effective in CCA/Seabed, and also pretty effective in Episode IV if you play Blue Burst.

Megid is wasted in Episode I.

zentetsua
Jul 8, 2007, 12:43 PM
so megid's chance 2 hit is better in ep.2? i never really tried. does it's lvl make any diff @ all?, cause if not i'm going to sell the rest of my disks.(i'm only available offline btw ;_;)

Mewn
Jul 8, 2007, 02:03 PM
Megid's level affects its base success rate. Level 30 has a 100% chance of insta-kill, but this is reduced by EDK (otherwise, level 30 Megid would kill everything in one shot).

Many monsters in Episode 2 have relatively low EDK even on Ult so that's why Megid works better there.

Banish
Jul 8, 2007, 03:07 PM
Everywhere in EPI 2. Megid very effective, especially in Seabeds.

In EPI 1, monsters have high EDK, so it is harder for Megid to work.

AlexCraig
Jul 8, 2007, 03:10 PM
I rarely use it. I use it, that is for sure, but only rarely.

Meyfei
Jul 8, 2007, 03:36 PM
should have put just for fun ...id have picked that for but ohwell im just gonna go with...sometimes to trick suckers in battle mode...after this its off to destroy darkfalz ep1 hard mode ...=)

brunzwickw
Jul 8, 2007, 10:08 PM
so how do you calculate megid percentages with edk anyway, like how well would my lv 26 megid do to a merillita with like 59 edk?

Weeaboolits
Jul 8, 2007, 10:16 PM
I don't use it much, but then, I haven't spent much time playing FO. >.>;

Hopesbane
Jul 9, 2007, 03:39 AM
On 2007-07-08 20:08, brunzwickw wrote:
so how do you calculate megid percentages with edk anyway, like how well would my lv 26 megid do to a merillita with like 59 edk?
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=676

Alternatively, you could find the base power for Megid of any level yourself with these formulas (though looking at that chart is a lot quicker):

Lv.1-15: [3 x (TLv - 1)] + 27
Lv.16-30: [2 x (TLv - 1)] + 42

You could also figure out the TP cost on your own:

[1.05 x (TLv - 1)] + 30

Basically, just take Megid's power and subtract enemy EDK from it, and you have the final chance for success. Non-Forces could use a Hell weapon to substitute for a lack of Megid, but it's more of an alternative offense than anything else. Hell (93% base chance) is also slightly less likely than a Lv.30 Megid attack, but you can fire it in rapid succession, so that makes up for it.

Anyway, your Lv.26 Megid would have a 33% chance to kill something with 59 EDK.

EDIT: Ignore decimals when you get your final TP amount; PSO doesn't seem to like most decimals.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hopesbane on 2007-07-09 01:48 ]</font>

JapansRobo
Jul 9, 2007, 06:34 PM
Wow, Megid still has trouble when level 26 and used by a fonewearl. I rarely use it, since my FOmarl does better with grants. I tried it on a pan arms once and beat the pan arms in 2 shots, but it didn't wor so well so I switched to grants, 2 shots and the pan arms was dead.

MKRX
Jul 10, 2007, 04:01 PM
Megid DESTROYS in Ep. 2, i use it all the time there.

MKRX

MKRX

DoubleJG
Jul 11, 2007, 10:38 PM
Episode 2...

I'll only use it in Ep1 if I'm letting a friend kill everything and I just want to do it for sh*ts and giggles.

Tweengo
Jul 13, 2007, 12:50 PM
I rarely used it when using a Fomar 'cause I could'nt get a Demonic Fork as *BEEP* Sega didn't release *BEEP* PSO Plus here in the *BEEP* UK, *BEEP*, cold-hearted Sega http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif But since creating a Fonewearl and 2 Wizard/Technique units for a level 30 megid, I use it just for kicks and 'cause I can pierce without the Demonic Fork which I could've got if *BEEP*ing Sega released Plus here.
Out of interest, what are the chances of Soul Banish megid killing in Ult, as mine still hasn't worked yet.

SStrikerR
Jul 13, 2007, 03:26 PM
soul banish is only lv 7 megid if i remember correctly.

and yea, megid+ep 2=win
grants+ep 1=win

stick to that ^_^

JapansRobo
Jul 14, 2007, 02:30 AM
so my FOmarl has the advantage in EP1, but my dad's FOnewearl has the advantage in EP2 right?

Do you know what level the Gran Sorcerer's grants/megid are, I want to be able to do 678 damage with my grants and have alot of instant kills.