PDA

View Full Version : New Avatars and Site Theme

Ryna
Jul 7, 2007, 08:38 PM
A new theme named "MintGreen" has been added to the Theme list. You can try out the theme by going to your account settings and clicking on Change Theme (http://www.pso-world.com/user.php?op=chgtheme). It currently appears at the bottom of the dropdown list. This theme supports the new theme functionality detailed in this thread (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=145076&forum=6&41). A very special thanks goes to Astuarlen for helping out with this theme.

Also, 20 new avatars have been added to the list. They include PSO, PSU, Burning Rangers, and Puyo Pop images. If you go to the "Edit Profile" section of your account and switch the number of avatars to 100 per page (http://www.pso-world.com/user.php?op=edituser&astart=0&adisplay=100), the new avatars will show up on the first and second pages. Credit goes to Alisha, Ronin_Cooper, SabZero, and Kaydin for submitting the avatars.

McLaughlin
Jul 7, 2007, 10:03 PM
I love the new theme! Tis awesome.

astuarlen
Jul 8, 2007, 10:18 PM
Nice job, Ryna. :>

Mixfortune
Jul 9, 2007, 05:19 AM
Whoa, been having this particular mint green theme up for a while now since I had it set for testing the new functionality. Had no idea ast had a hand in it, though I can't say I'm too surprised, it's pretty awesome possum. :0

Sord
Jul 9, 2007, 06:49 AM
20 new avatars for even more SordSyndrome, sweet. still want that fav topic button though >_<

Ryna
Jul 9, 2007, 10:23 AM
On 2007-07-09 04:49, Sord wrote:
20 new avatars for even more SordSyndrome, sweet. still want that fav topic button though >_<

Since our resident icon maker is currently on vacation, that project has been temporarily put on hold.

Sord
Jul 9, 2007, 01:10 PM
dangit >_<

well, I looked through some of them. Pretty nice, but I still like the one I have now. Still, a sweep of SordSyndrome throughout the forums can't be that bad (even if only FKLers would get the reference.) So what's been spurring all the changes as of late? Did you all just feel it was time for updates or what? Or has the forum been getting a lot of traffic what with PSU and all and it just seemed like it needed more stuff for the new crowd?

Ryna
Jul 9, 2007, 01:42 PM
On 2007-07-09 11:10, Sord wrote:
well, I looked through some of them. Pretty nice, but I still like the one I have now. Still, a sweep of SordSyndrome throughout the forums can't be that bad (even if only FKLers would get the reference.) So what's been spurring all the changes as of late? Did you all just feel it was time for updates or what? Or has the forum been getting a lot of traffic what with PSU and all and it just seemed like it needed more stuff for the new crowd?

Mostly, the changes are being made in response to member requests. For example, MintGreen was created in response to several requests for a "GreenBlack" theme. Also, several people have asked for the ability to collapse the navigation blocks. We try to accomodate member requests where it is possible. However, it sometimes takes a while to roll out new features given the site's complicated architecture.