PDA

View Full Version : SET YOUR DVR"S AND TIVO"S

Alamar
Jul 8, 2007, 11:19 AM
http://www.g4tv.com/e32007/index.html
E3 is coming to g4 tv. watch wahts coming. Dam I would love to go to this show.

Niered
Jul 8, 2007, 11:25 AM
E3 is more or less dying. None of the big 3 developers care to lose money on the venture any more, and instead are simply doing the tokyo game show, or their own exhibition.

Give E3 three, mebbe four years tops before you never hear from it again, this is just a sad attempt at keeping it alive.

ABDUR101
Jul 8, 2007, 12:21 PM
The way they re-vamped it and put restrictions on it really just killed it off. I never really cared anyway; it seems like dev's would always keep tight lids on shit to 'save up' for E3 coverage; rather than releasing new info on their websites and Dev blogs. I want to hear the latest on games I'm looking forward to as they develop, not wait to hear about the shit from a third party who went to E3.

Also, E3 kills alot of Dev time because they feel the necessity to get as much exposure at E3 to push the product, so they'll put all the effort into E3 which could have been better spent on the actual game.

It's no real loss really; I never liked all the hype and geeky shit that goes with E3(and other cons for that matter).

Sekani
Jul 8, 2007, 12:31 PM
I can just read about E3 on websites, I doubt there's much to see anymore.

The old E3 was one hell of an experience though, for gamers anyway. Three-time attendee here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PJ
Jul 8, 2007, 05:13 PM
I thought after last year's E3, they just stopped doing them

Now it's just... a smaller thing?

Midicronica
Jul 8, 2007, 05:16 PM
Yeah, they down-sized big time.

Unfortunately, my cable provider doesn't have G4 on their standard cable plan. Looks like I'll just stick to browsing websites for the info I want. The conferences is what I usually look forward to.

Sinue_v2
Jul 8, 2007, 06:49 PM
G4 has never had excellent E3 coverage. I'd rather read a magazine or website than sit through six+ hours of bad jokes and painfully hideous TV personalities to hear about a bunch of games I really don't give a shit about, and have them ignore (or painfully overlook) the games I do want to hear about.

McLaughlin
Jul 8, 2007, 07:18 PM
G4 blows as a whole. >_>