PDA

View Full Version : Fortegunner: the easy button

SolomonGrundy
Jul 8, 2007, 01:43 PM
I have 3 characters, all highish level. Without a doubt the most powerful is fortegunner.

I solo'd Mad Beasts s2 in an hour of casual play, twice. Could never do that with my fF.

DoTs make bullet resistance a joke. ANY enemy is dead with 4 applications of Burn 4. small and medium enemies get virus crossbow. there is some twin handgun bullets used, but it really isn't needed.

I didn't even use traps (didn't need to...) I wore store bought hardline. I don't have S rank units. I used **1** trimate. turns out my PM neal for about 400, and she's inclined to heal often.

broken.

Mystil
Jul 8, 2007, 02:22 PM
Broken? I'd say that's only because you worked hard at leveling your bullets.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 8, 2007, 02:36 PM
I worked hard at leveling my techs and skills too (fortefighter, and Wartecher). I expected by wartecher to be a little damage shy, but Fortefighter being slow and useless?

As far as bullets go? I could have gotten by just making a virus crossbow, a fire rifle, ice twins, and maybe one other crossbow (for the HIVE, etc).

Sophia
Jul 8, 2007, 03:51 PM
This again? If you feel its too easy then use yak zagenga ;3

Siertes
Jul 8, 2007, 03:53 PM
On 2007-07-08 13:51, Sophia wrote:

Wait...doesn't Zagenga make it even easier? I mean I don't use it while partying, but solo it's pretty dang useful.

Sophia
Jul 8, 2007, 04:10 PM
On 2007-07-08 13:53, Siertes wrote:

On 2007-07-08 13:51, Sophia wrote:

Wait...doesn't Zagenga make it even easier? I mean I don't use it while partying, but solo it's pretty dang useful.

Uhh well i know he has said in the past that zagenga was hard to use which is why i said it! Risky and stuff!

Midicronica
Jul 8, 2007, 04:57 PM
That mission is easy for me as a GT and FT. =

Status effects make short work of all those "big monsters." All you have to do is get the Gol Dova's stuck on a wall, then shoot away. I think with the addition of AoI this will not be so easy to do. Y'know, with monsters utilizing their ranged abilities more and what not. >_>;

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 8, 2007, 09:23 PM
Maybe they can nerf the DoT status effects so that they lose less life or lose that same amount of life except in a longer period of time? I don't know, something to balance it out. I also heard that they may rebalance the % thingy or whatever so that even 10% stuff could be useful and that 50% won't be hax damage. I don't really have any Ranger characters, the closest I have to that is my Fighgunner and future Acrofighter, but even then, I do more melee than gunning with him [well, they're both obviously more Fighter than Gunner, and the latter of which has something else to do the gunning instead of doing it manually].

DonRoyale
Jul 8, 2007, 09:33 PM
This is why fG doesn't get anything for AoI. >>

amtalx
Jul 8, 2007, 11:53 PM
If you think its too easy, why not change something to challenge yourself? Try it without your PM, or use high risk PAs like Yak Zagenga.

I wouldn't necessarily call throwing out Burn until a creature has 1 HP being a fG. Of course thats easy, you're not actually doing anything. Anyone with a 21+ Rifle bullet can Burn a creature and wait for it to die. Doing that while soloing isn't really an accurate measuring stick for any class. This is a party game an its generally intended to be played that way. Harping on one classes soloing ability doesn't make them superior, its just makes you more self-sufficient, which isn't really all that important in a party.

Mystil
Jul 9, 2007, 07:44 AM
Being self-sufficient though means you wont be a burden to healers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-07-09 05:44 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Jul 9, 2007, 07:48 AM
the answer for it to not be easy is gimp yourself is what everyone is saying v.v don't you just love that's their only defense against this...

panzer_unit
Jul 9, 2007, 09:40 AM
You couldn't do Mad Beasts S2 in an hour with Fortefighter? Really? Why?

Neith
Jul 9, 2007, 10:40 AM
On 2007-07-09 07:40, panzer_unit wrote:
You couldn't do Mad Beasts S2 in an hour with Fortefighter? Really? Why?

MB S2 is a nightmare for a fF (as are a lot of high-end missions to solo). I don't really use my fF as a solo character much now. Even in Rainbow Beast S2, I find it easier to solo as my Lv65 Fortetecher than I do with a Lv80 Fortefighter.

Let's see, in MB S2:
- Mizura. As a fF, you don't have any reliable SE to weaken them down. Even after the stat nerf they got, Lv105 Mizura are still high in EVP, and a lot of fF attacks will miss.

- Polavohra. Melee resistant, and have a ton of HP. Yes, they have multiple attack points which does help, but they still take ages to kill, and hit pretty hard too. Plus, there's the annoyance of getting stuck in them whenever you hit them. >_>

- Jarba. Melee resistant, but only one target point. I believe they have the same HP as a Polavohra, so these take even longer to kill. Their attacks are only a threat if there's more than one, as knockup PA's keep them stunned. Kinda difficult to take on spawns of 3-4 when they have so much HP though.

- Gol Dolva. Gets owned by fF's, as it has multiple parts and isn't melee resistant, but has a huge amount of HP, knocks me around with every attack, paralyzes, and combo hits 3-4 times in a row. Really nasty if I get caught out by them. Taking 2 at once is a nightmare.

Badira, Koltova, Polty are easy, and Go Vahra hurt but can't take much damage back.

I'd imagine it's much easier to solo as a fG than a fF, just for the terrain advantages (which you can't really use as a fF when your only firearm is a handgun), and the SE application/traps.

Having said this, I don't see fF as a solo-orientated class really. That job is better taken by a gunner/techer.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 9, 2007, 12:20 PM
wow, finally Uriko says something I agree with.

to panzer: it's a simple case of fighters haveing to be to close to the action and large enemies having a TON of HP.

Would having 50% weapons help? Sure. not really an option on my server. The only place I find fF rule is mad creatures, and plans overlord. fFs can most easily deal with sword go-varha's, and when they do get tagged, it's not as life threatening. it's easy to abandon mission with heavy bird spawns as well.

fT's do overwhelming damage, as their techs have the element built in, and it's a high %. Even they don't have it as easy as fGs though - low HP, and fewer hits per second. The fast application on DoTs is just too strong to deal with, and it's fGs specialty.

watashiwa
Jul 9, 2007, 12:35 PM
On 2007-07-09 05:48, DurakkenX wrote:
the answer for it to not be easy is gimp yourself is what everyone is saying v.v don't you just love that's their only defense against this...

QFT.

panzer_unit
Jul 9, 2007, 01:19 PM
I can solo Tunnel Recapture quite acceptably as a fF so I was sort of surprised that Mad Beasts would be a problem. I forgot that we've got hax against Mizura on PS2, the only problem I imagined having - as opposed to something that you just have to kill slowly like handgunning Jarba - would be the Gol Dova with their stomping and stun. Even in a team that can go pretty badly for people standing around the creature.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 9, 2007, 03:14 PM
Goldova is a joke. 2 goldovas aren't even a real problem. I sleep, or freeze trap (not a G, just the regular kind) and it's that's 6-0 second to spam rifle on the other one behind a tree.

Tunnel recapture...meh, I used to do that as a Fortefighter on C for the MP and money in my 40's. Is there anything that drops there that I should spam the mission for?

The mate cost alone is going to be prohibitive. 411's healing is in the 200's. (not good enough)

Mystil
Jul 9, 2007, 04:27 PM
Or just use 3 Burn G's and not even flinging 1 bullet at them. I do that with my weaktecher(GT).

=PPPPPP

amtalx
Jul 10, 2007, 07:06 AM
On 2007-07-09 13:14, SolomonGrundy wrote:

Tunnel recapture...meh, I used to do that as a Fortefighter on C for the MP and money in my 40's. Is there anything that drops there that I should spam the mission for?

I was running S and got two Gur Missals. Not the best around but its only S, so its an easy mission.

Midicronica
Jul 10, 2007, 07:28 AM

Haha, my boy, that's where the 10* Crossbow, Cubo Musrana drops. It's also the only place to obtain a [B]Crea Sword.

panzer_unit
Jul 10, 2007, 12:19 PM
Tunnel Recapture doesn't drop any S-rank boards I thought, since its a lv95 mission. And Crea Sword... really? Or do you mean Soda Crea?

You have a chance of [b] Rabol Dadan from Navals and [b] Rabol Gant from boss boxes. Two of the best A rank armors going IMO, which is why I'm there. Beats the hell out of dragging yourself through Desert Goliath S or Desert Terror S solo, especially with 16k meseta waiting for you at the end. That pays for a lot of trimate.

A2K
Jul 10, 2007, 02:33 PM
On 2007-07-10 05:28, Shadow_Moses wrote:

Haha, my boy, that's where the 10* Crossbow, Cubo Musrana drops. It's also the only place to obtain a [B]Crea Sword.

I do believe you've confused Tunnel Recapture S2 with Train Rescue S2.

Sgt_Shligger
Jul 11, 2007, 04:10 AM
On 2007-07-09 05:44, Mystil wrote:
Being self-sufficient though means you wont be a burden to healers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-07-09 05:44 ]</font>

Not to be rude. . . But what will healers do if everyone is self-sufficient http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

DurakkenX
Jul 11, 2007, 10:52 AM
healers still exist? That's news to me as i play games with 5 fortetechers and never once get healed...

amtalx
Jul 11, 2007, 10:58 AM
On 2007-07-11 08:52, DurakkenX wrote:
healers still exist? That's news to me as i play games with 5 fortetechers and never once get healed...

Next time ask for leader, so you can boot all of them...every last one.

PJ
Jul 11, 2007, 10:59 AM
On 2007-07-11 08:52, DurakkenX wrote:

Do you like, purposefully play with the worst Fortetechers in existance?

DurakkenX
Jul 11, 2007, 11:04 AM
pick up games are great you know?

Sgt_Shligger
Jul 11, 2007, 08:23 PM
Maybe they all thought the other guy would do it?

In a game of 5 fortetechers.... not sure how much you'd be needed, no offense.

DikkyRay
Jul 11, 2007, 08:44 PM
Who the hell solos? Christ, the only thing keeping me on PSU is my friends

SolomonGrundy
Jul 12, 2007, 01:40 PM
I prefer soloing on many missions. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten chicotite (or worse, grinder base A), only to have the nanoresin or something even better, like thunder cannon, go elsewhere.

it may be slower, but getting ALL the rares makes up for it.

DurakkenX
Jul 12, 2007, 02:26 PM
pshhh you must be lucky.... when I solo no rares drop pretty much and when I play in parties i get 1 crappy rare that shouldn't be called a rare for like every 2 runs i make even though there is like 20+ rares dropping in a lot of those runs.

Tykwa
Jul 12, 2007, 02:55 PM
Gol dova?, Grenade Launcher
De Ragon? Grenade Launcher
Anything else? Grenade launcher
Pretty much knockbacks everything, and if your skilled can keep you safe and awesome,

idk I love nades.