PDA

View Full Version : GC: multiplayer offline questions

marcus_com
Dec 20, 2002, 03:45 AM
Hi, iam from europe so I still dont have PSO E1&2. However iam very curios in how the multiplayer offline works, what different in it and so on. Could someone please tell me a bit about it? (ex. doesit save your progress in the game so that you can play ruins single player if you've got so far on multi offline?)

Gastlichu
Dec 21, 2002, 11:03 PM
IT works exactly as an online game with just a split window.

Tavia
Dec 22, 2002, 12:21 AM
On 2002-12-20 00:45, marcus_com wrote:
Hi, iam from europe so I still dont have PSO E1&2. However iam very curios in how the multiplayer offline works, what different in it and so on. Could someone please tell me a bit about it? (ex. doesit save your progress in the game so that you can play ruins single player if you've got so far on multi offline?)

I believe that your single-player progress affects your access privledges on multiplayer, but that it doesn't work the other way around. Also, there are greater quantities of enemies, and the amount of experience they give you increases.

Aside from that, there really are no differences, except that you do not have a map of the stage unless you pull it up, and at that point it partially obscures your view.

Oh, and as one of my friends pointed out, there's no virtual keyboard. He was promptly punched and mocked for his needless observation.

DarkDragon0
Dec 23, 2002, 01:40 PM
In multiplayer there are the same amount boxes as in single. But there are more enemies and they’re tougher to kill so you get more exp. The bad thing though is that if you went from forest 1 to ruins it doesn’t save. So as soon as you start single player you will be back at the forest. Hope this helps.

marcus_com
Dec 23, 2002, 03:22 PM
ok, thanks for your answers. To bad it doesn't save your progress whilst playing multiplayer offline. Well I guess it would have been to easy.

Abductor
Dec 23, 2002, 11:29 PM
Yeah there are a lot of things i hate about offline multiplayer, and not saving progress is one. The other is the fact that none of the characters on Pioneer 2 say anything. That had us stumped for hours. Why didn't they just take those people out of the level?

Anyway, if you play one-player, the game remembers every world you clear and you can then enter the higher stages in multiplayer mode. So if you beat the Dragon on Forest 2, you can always return to the game and start at Forest or the next map, Cave-- in one-player mode as well as in two-player mode. If you defeat Cave you can return Forest, Cave, or Mines, and so on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Abductor on 2002-12-23 20:30 ]</font>

Abductor
Dec 23, 2002, 11:33 PM
Oh, and in most cases the 2-player split screen works pretty well, but sometimes it's horrible, like the Dragon Boss in Forest. When it flies up in the air or burrows underground neither player can tell what's going on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Abductor on 2002-12-23 20:36 ]</font>

marcus_com
Dec 25, 2002, 07:16 AM
ok thx. hmm this is actually kind of a slap in the back since I was planning on playing multiplayer with a few friends for a few days in a row when I get the game. But no I see that i'll have to play single player to cause It wont be all to funny just playing normal over and over. Or is it like online so you can play hard when you reach level 20? (would be kinda weird but hey I gotta ask. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rolf_Landale
Dec 25, 2002, 01:29 PM
yes, you can go on to hard mode if all the characters are lv20+ and none of them have to have beeten normal
same for VH if allcharacters are 40+
and Ultimate if all characters are 80+

marcus_com
Dec 25, 2002, 04:20 PM
ok thx. Now I can write a small article about this on my site.

Abductor
Jan 18, 2003, 09:36 PM
Just FYI two great multiplayer offline coop games:

baldur's gate PS2
jedi starfighter xbox

BeanOne
Jan 18, 2003, 09:54 PM
Sucks u cant do any guild quests in multiplayer....