PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible...?

xxShinobi
Jul 9, 2007, 02:40 PM
Say I wanted to connect my gamecube (with a broadband adapter of course) into the ethernet port into my computer that has a USB Wi-Fi Adapter having access to internet...could that gamecube leech my computer's internet and go online with pso like this?

If so...how?

VioletSkye
Jul 9, 2007, 02:43 PM
yes, it's called ICS (internet connection sharing) and I believe it's already covered in one of the Tech forum sticky topics.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=37273&forum=3&128

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2007-07-09 12:45 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Jul 9, 2007, 06:52 PM
You might want to go ahead and purchase a cheapie $10 5-port hub as well, in case you plan on connecting any other consoles to the net in the future. It doesn't really require any extra configuration. Just plug the ethernet cable leading to your ICS enabled Network card into port 1 (or whatever the manual tells you) and then plug the rest of your devices into the remaining open ports. Easy.

Plus, they're nice if you have friends that play LAN games, you can use them to connect several consoles up so that you each have your own TV's rather than playing splitscreen.