PDA

View Full Version : Have you met anyone with your name?

Davion
Dec 20, 2002, 10:08 AM
In light of the recent thread "Have you seen a character just like yours?" I was wondering if any of you had seen anyone with your name. I'm yet to find anyone named Davion, but I've seen plenty of Seifers (In which my pal, Seifer, is very ticked)What about you guys/gals?

ReikenFeralsbane
Dec 20, 2002, 10:39 AM
i havnt actualy met anyone with my name, to my knowledge i made it up. But i know other people probably use it...oh well no biggy.
BTW you and your friend realise Seifer was a character in FF8 right? :/

EDarkness
Dec 20, 2002, 10:48 AM
In over 600 hours of playtime with PSO I was lucky enough to not have run into anyone with the same name as myself. Of course, I also don't deal with people I don't know in some fashion so that limits who I deal with and where I roam. Though, I figured that over the course of the months and years eventually it will happen. It won't bother me if it does.

-EDarkness

Raist
Dec 20, 2002, 11:10 AM
nope, have yet to see someone with the same name as me on DC or GC.

Blade_1
Dec 20, 2002, 11:16 AM
Seen plently of Blade's no Blade_1 though been once since the DC launch so won't be changing.

IceBlink
Dec 20, 2002, 11:22 AM
Never met anyone with my name. But then, I've never met anyone else named after a song or after a piece of armor from a different game. o_O

Phobos-X
Dec 20, 2002, 11:33 AM
ermm...somewhat on the DC i had a HUmar by the name of KAGEMUSHA (shadow warrior) i opted to use the same for my HUnewearl on the GC mainly for the sec id, luckily i didnt because the first day i signed on i seen someone else using the name Kage Musha

Kasera
Dec 20, 2002, 11:46 AM
Nope, never seen anyone on PSO with my name exactly. I met someone on V1 when I first created my character named "Kasara" and we had a laugh about the similarities.

Maelkith
Dec 20, 2002, 12:29 PM
had a hucast named Death on version 2. everyone who played probably had a Death on their guild card list. heck, even i had a guildcard from a hunewearl named DEATH.

as far as Seifer goes, there would be as many Seifers as Sephiroths if FF8 didn't suck so bad.

Whatley
Dec 20, 2002, 12:46 PM
I haven't seen anyone with my name yet. But I have recently seen some one on GC with the same name as my fonewearl Celia. The person was a Hucaseal though. I have also seen only one other person named Gattsu on DC and GC.

Webapprentice
Dec 20, 2002, 02:01 PM
I ran into a character named Iris a couple of days ago. But since my character has the full name listed, it wasn't too much of a conflict.

Davion
Dec 20, 2002, 03:09 PM
On 2002-12-20 07:39, ReikenFeralsbane wrote:
i havnt actualy met anyone with my name, to my knowledge i made it up. But i know other people probably use it...oh well no biggy.
BTW you and your friend realise Seifer was a character in FF8 right? :/

Yes we knew that. He just liked the name. It's not like he's a purple outfitted blonde-spiked hair dude named Cloud.

WraithAkaMrak
Dec 20, 2002, 03:48 PM
I've seen a few Wraiths in the DC version. The word isn't that common, but I guess more people used it than I thought. I didn't get the name from Lord of the Rings or Starcraft, as I guess most others have.

Robantifast
Dec 20, 2002, 04:13 PM
I beg to differ about how good FF8 was, but I guess that's a topic for another thread...
Yeah, on DC I've always had a character named Id. Got it from Xenogears. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I love Xenogears, so I was rather pleased to meet other Ids. I met one in the lobby. He looked a lot more like Id than I did tho. My friend said he met several Ids. I'm even gonna have an Id on the GC one. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Gonna be a FOmar named Fei [Id] tho. Pinkal section ID. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Muku6
Dec 20, 2002, 04:38 PM
Web, was it a FOmarl named Iris Drakon? If so, that's me. I've never seen anyone with the EXACT name, nor even Iris, 'til I see Web's name is Iris. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I used the exact same character from hair, to face, to dress colors from v1 on DC to GC. Unfortunately my DC FOmarl Iris Drakon is gone due to some body theft. Oh well, good few hundred hours down the drain. :/

Hayato_Kenzaki
Dec 20, 2002, 07:21 PM
I saw someone with my name, that as I far as I know made up, which is Hayato, I didn't actuley see him, just saw that he was in a game. Never saw anyone in DC version with my name though.

Driadyte
Dec 20, 2002, 09:47 PM
Well, haven't actually met him, but I know that my main character has the same name as someone else on this site (That would be Special K). I've been using the alias for several years now, and I try to claim it where I can, but I was too late for this site. Oh well, I could have taken 5 free P Drops because of the name confusion, but I'd never do that!

As a side note: If you see a Special K roaming Antares 8, don't assume it's the other guy, even though I guess that he's apparantly better known. I'm a HUcast, he's a RAmarl (I think). If I could change the character name, I would, but by the time I found out, I was already around level 40.

SlickRick
Dec 20, 2002, 10:19 PM
I have never seen anyone with any of the names I usally use.

Caleus - main name I use in most RPGS
Warbot - use it with my HUcaseal
Slick Rick - My FOpimp
Johnny 5 - My old DC HUcast(taken from the Short Circuit movies)

Aceleonhart
Dec 20, 2002, 10:28 PM
ive seen one person with the same name as my fonewearl Hope... only he was a Fonewm.... o_o;
I've seen one other leonhart and plenty of ace's... but no other ace leonhart's. which is a good thing. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

CajunSamurai
Dec 20, 2002, 10:55 PM
Nearly all my characters have either very unique names (this coming from a guy named CajunSamurai), or pretty obscure names from games/anime, so I've yet to see someone with the same name as one of my characters. I know there're more than a few Ghaleons out there, though.

Cloak
Dec 21, 2002, 03:36 PM
The 3 side-characters I have now have really unique names, even though one's named off a celebrity, another named off a food, still doubt I'd ever see anyone using. But on my main character, ((_Cloak_)), I saw some uber leet ego'd up HUmar named "Cloak" who swore up and down he had his name first and I was a fake, even though I don't even think he had V1. And cuz of this there was a huge topic in gamefaqs, and people who know me usually harass him online if they see him. =@_@=

Storme
Dec 21, 2002, 06:19 PM
My friend and I made Android Characters named Synthesis and Sandwich, just for fun. I'm sure when I go online in a couple weeks I won't see a Sandwich. Anywhere.

Ayame
Dec 22, 2002, 03:20 AM
I've seen 1 Kaze, 3 Ayames and even 2 Ayames on Ragnarok Online. >.>

...it's not fair! >.<

...but hey, there's never been any other SugarKitty's! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

DirewolfX
Dec 22, 2002, 12:50 PM
I know there are a few 'DirewolfX's around the net (based on various search engines). However, I've yet to see a PSO character with the same name as my two characters (Kizna and Ayu)... however, I wouldn't be surprised if there are or will be... both of them are named after anime characters. Kizna is a character from Megami Kouhosei (Pilot Candidates/Candidate for Goddess), which suffered from a cruddy U.S. release and Ayu is a character from Kanon, which is fairly popular online, but no U.S. release yet. Kanon is also immensely popular in Japan, so...

Starseed
Dec 22, 2002, 10:06 PM
Never seen anyone with my name. I am using the name Starseed for my HUmar on GC. I had a HUnewearl on Dreamcast named Maricel. I have seen Star, Stargaize, StarScream, but so far... I AM THE ONLY STARSEED http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Carver_JaKroen
Dec 23, 2002, 01:53 AM
I have yet to see someone online w/ ne of my character names.
Carver (made it up)
Nova (SC: Ghost -soon to be released)
Merlose (Vagrant Story)
Mynce (BloodRayne)

pixelate
Dec 23, 2002, 03:03 AM
I met a Pixel back on the DC versions. Other than that one person, I haven't seen a Pixel or pixelate online.

obi-wang
Dec 24, 2002, 12:15 AM
hmmm i havent seen anyone named obi wang, however i have seen an obi wan shinobi in these parts

celador
Dec 24, 2002, 03:01 AM
I have yet to see any body with my name. I got it from the movie Donnie Darko. The two words cellar door put together.

I was Rage and Randy in ver1 and I have saw a few with those names.