PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: PSOBB Japan: Come all back!!

Saffran
Jul 10, 2007, 09:09 AM
The Comeback Campaign has started since last week.

As far as reports go, *absolutely each and every account ever created on JP BB* is still active. *However*, the accounts that were banned are still banned.

As described here (http://psobb.jp/community/event/3rd/comeback.html):

You go there:
https://ipas.isao.net/signup_pso/psobb/login.htm

and login with your old game ID and pasword, then choose the option at the bottom. It should lead you to an explanation screen about how you will be getting a free 3 days license (it's not much, but it's enough to try all the new contents). Just press the "register" button and here you go!
Important: from the moment you pressed that, you will have until 23:59 of the day 3 days later! if you press it at, say, 7:00 AM Tokyo Time on Monday, you will have until Wednesday 23:59 Tokyo time!
The same will apply if you register at any time during a Monday...
So just so you know: Tokyo is like +9 GMT.
If you live in Australia, you live one hour ahead of Tokyo, so don't register shortly after midnight!
If you live in Europe try to register sometimes in the evening (from 17 hours onwards for Paris, Berlin, Madrid...)
If you live in Brazil, you are 12 hours behind, so register sometimes in the afternoon. (at best just after 12AM)
In New York, you are 13 hours behind, so any time after 11AM is ok.
In San Francisco, you are 16 hours behind. You will have to register in the morning, after 8AM, to use the most of these 3 days.
Honolulu is like 19 hours behind. As long as you don't register in the late, late night, it should be OK.

Reasons to come back, if only for 3 days?

- Maximum Attack 4 Reloaded from NOW until the start of August.
- The Match Race quest : no death penalty, 14 Girtablulu within 30 minutes.
- "The Realms of War" (or something. The guide is in making) : no death penalty, no drops (booooo), 820 ennemies in 20 minutes. Insanely difficult, noone has ever cleared it in Ult yet (and believe me, we ARE good).
- New drop charts since September 2006 (I have the chart compiled mostly, will update it later this week and send it again)
- Dark Falz drops Red Ring (among others)
- Olga Flow drops D Photon Core and maybe something else (only 3 IDs reported a drop until now)
- New Items
- It's PSO for christ's sake!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saffran on 2007-07-10 07:12 ]</font>

Saphion
Jul 10, 2007, 09:34 AM
*pines for PSO*

GaijinPUnch
Jul 10, 2007, 10:05 AM
Yeah, I logged in as well. Just sucks that I don't have enough gear to get the good stuff. Really want a DF Shield, or of course, a From the Depths. Looked around and found out they only gave out 100 Liberta Units. Sucks. Awesome looking mag.

Saffran
Jul 10, 2007, 10:30 AM
DF Shield only drops from Bluefull and Oran Ult Dark Falz IIRC. I have a char for both these IDs. If you spot me I'll probably be Oran and can create a room for you.

Or you could just buy it off somebody else, it's not THAT pricey compared to some of the Ueber Rares around. (85% Hit SJS anyone?)

GaijinPUnch
Jul 10, 2007, 11:51 AM
85% SJS? Sick.

So, what drops have changed? Just episode IV, or everything? Looking forward to your chart.

EDIT:Found one... hmmm... my Purplenum's getting a bit screwed it seems.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GaijinPUnch on 2007-07-10 10:09 ]</font>

Saffran
Jul 10, 2007, 01:59 PM
Ep 4 and most boss drops on Ult for ep1&2
Ah wll, you'll see I guess

cashizslick
Jul 10, 2007, 03:35 PM
Wait . . . the red ring is legit now?

Saffran
Jul 10, 2007, 05:26 PM
Only on jp BB, yes. It's been released like last year in November. Only 2 have been found so far, both on Skyly.

GaijinPUnch
Jul 10, 2007, 06:16 PM
On 2007-07-10 11:59, Saffran wrote:
Ep 4 and most boss drops on Ult for ep1&2
Ah wll, you'll see I guess

Is this list (http://www.geocities.jp/psobbstn/psobb_drop_list_ep2.html#dropTable2AU) accurate? Best thing I can get somewhat easily as the Phonon Maser and Heavenly/HP. The rest will take some work it seems. Mines & Ruins haven't changed for Purple... DF only drops Riko's Earring.

I asked in another thread but am getting no takers. Is there any somewhat easy items I can get. I see the Three Seals shield can be won gambling w/ the tekker in the city. What about the TypeXX weapons? Available in a quest, but not sure how to get them (or if they're worth it).

Tomoki
Jul 10, 2007, 06:48 PM
I would sign up, but my chars on JPBB are only in normal and I can't be bothered to install the jp client again. How long does this campaign go on for?

GaijinPUnch
Jul 10, 2007, 07:43 PM
The three free days runs through September it seems, although you'll be hardpressed to get any characters to ULT in that time (especially since the requirement is Lv 100).

GaijinPUnch
Jul 10, 2007, 10:34 PM
Another question: Is everyone doing MA4 on Normal just to get quick tickets? Any guides to the current lottery quest? Best I've gotten out of that damn machine is a luck mat.

NM: I see, it's a "kill a bunch of shit" contest. Nice. Hopefully we'll get some goodies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GaijinPUnch on 2007-07-10 22:35 ]</font>

Saffran
Jul 11, 2007, 01:51 AM
Yeah well, the guide for MA4 is not complete yet, as I could not play the quest last year (I moved in July and had no internet until the very last week)

Tomoki: Honestly, with Realms of War around, I can see a tweaked char reaching Ult in one day, but that's only me.

As for drops: the list is mostly accurate. I see that some boss drops are still from the old charts, which means they either do suck or that nobody bothered reporting the change. (Redria comes to mind, Barba Ray drops H/HP and not Twinbrand)

Finally the lottery:
5th rank prize Grinder (mono, di or tri)
4th Rank Prize Mats (Pow, Def, Evade, Mind)
3rd Rank Prize Mats (Luck, HP, TP)
2nd Rank Prize 200k meseta
1st rank Prize Photon Crystal, then PD. (will change as we kill more ennemies, there should be a weapon and an armor in there, as well as, who knows, something new?)

GaijinPUnch
Jul 11, 2007, 02:07 AM
Maybe I should save my tickets then.
Any idea about what items I can get from gambling on what days?

Saffran
Jul 11, 2007, 07:25 AM
Same page as the drops, watch the top bar, you should see an option named Coren.
http://www.geocities.jp/psobbstn/psobb_koren_list.html

Saffran
Jul 11, 2007, 05:19 PM
http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~Colors-A/ps/capture.htm

GaijinPUnch
Jul 11, 2007, 06:23 PM
Played some of the "More Dangerous Quest" yesterday trying to get a Last One. Died once on ULT, went down to VH. Got the Scape Doll Claws. What a stupid item.

Tomoki
Jul 11, 2007, 09:44 PM
On 2007-07-10 23:51, Saffran wrote
Tomoki: Honestly, with Realms of War around, I can see a tweaked char reaching Ult in one day, but that's only me.By 'tweaked', I assume you mean 'with mega equips'. How exactly would I get those in normal mode? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tomoki on 2007-07-11 19:45 ]</font>

DoubleJG
Jul 11, 2007, 10:28 PM
So do you know how to read japanese? Or is there an option to change the language to English?

I'd really like to download PSOBBjp and get into it, but the whole language barrier is there =/

GaijinPUnch
Jul 12, 2007, 11:35 AM
There were some type of patch to make it English a while back... not sure what happened to it. Other wise, you're stuck w/ the JPN gui. Never bothered me, as I've always played in japanese. Changed the language to ENG once on DC, and lost my character. Never tried again.

Saffran
Jul 12, 2007, 11:57 AM
Tomoki:
Actually I meant as in "with Rafoie lv1 and enough MST to use it".
You use it once, a high level force uses it once -> one wave dead. Rince and repeat. I got a new player to level 12 in 1/3rd of a run (he died at the first Dorphon, his HP was too low).

metatime
Jul 12, 2007, 06:00 PM
On 2007-07-10 15:26, Saffran wrote:
Only on jp BB, yes. It's been released like last year in November. Only 2 have been found so far, both on Skyly.

Did they fixed the level requirement for RR?

GaijinPUnch
Jul 12, 2007, 06:03 PM
Safran:

The only problem at this point is having the mind mag. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Thought about make a Fomar, but I doubt it will happen.

Saffran
Jul 12, 2007, 06:28 PM
I have a Sato I don't use...
COngrats on getting in the rankings, btw. 20k already?

Metatime : no. It's still lv108.

GaijinPUnch
Jul 13, 2007, 01:59 AM
Hehe... yeah, been doing Normal runs w/ Forces... takes about 6 minutes for 383 kills. Gotten a few crystals in the runs, but have only gotten crap in Black Paper quests. A few Rianovs, 4 Smart Links, 2 Gratias, etc.

Saffran
Jul 13, 2007, 02:17 AM
The Rianovs are useless, I'll give you that.
Smart Link can be nice when used properly (say, on a Hucast with Charge Vulcans for example) and Gratia is the best shield for robots period.
I'd advise you to keep those crystals you find, but you will probably find so many anyway...

GaijinPUnch
Jul 13, 2007, 10:02 AM
What would I use them for other than the BP quest (or trading)? I don't use any enemy parts, and the main thing I really want right now is the Last One. I don't see myself having a spare 5 Spheres any time soon. I always quit for months at a time so always have crap. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Saffran
Jul 13, 2007, 12:16 PM
Gaijin Punch, think about Sinow Beat Blades (Specila is Hell) with 50%Hit and a V502.
Or Baranz Launcher.
Or Bringer's Rifle.
Or Gi Gue Bazooka.
Or...
BTW, Last Swan costs a lot more than 5 spheres.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saffran on 2007-07-13 10:17 ]</font>

Brownski
Jul 13, 2007, 12:33 PM
I wish I'd taken the plunge and played BBJP instead of the US version. The drop charts look very appealing.

What exactly is a Last Swan/One ? I don't see that item in the database.

Saffran
Jul 13, 2007, 03:26 PM
New Handgun, mechgun animation, high power, female only.
COmbine with Master Raven (mechgun animation, male only, no combo, high power) to make machguns Dual Bird (ATP291 or so, equippable by Hucaseal...)

GaijinPUnch
Jul 14, 2007, 05:58 AM
Aaah... Last "Swan". Read that too fast, I guess. The Last Swan combos though, right?

The Baranz Launcher is about the only one I would use. I don't like Rifle's or Bazookas.

Saffran
Jul 14, 2007, 10:30 AM
I dunno, my fomar could probably solo PW4 with a Bringer's Rifle with that much hit...
Well, once I can finally unseal that Limitter that is.