PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else thnig that WTs should get S rank claws?

SolomonGrundy
Jul 13, 2007, 01:04 AM
I dunno, something about them seems to fit the WT 'feel'? Maybe it's that yohemi makes the 7*+ daggers and twin daggers.

your thoughts are appreciated, as always.

ashley50
Jul 13, 2007, 01:05 AM
They don't need them...

Allison_W
Jul 13, 2007, 01:06 AM
I would agree, at least for single claws, given that 1H melee weapon + madoog sounds about like the ideal WT pairing.

Then again, I also think they should get S-rank madoogs instead of S-rank wands.

Zero_Virus_X
Jul 13, 2007, 01:09 AM
i'll guess fig newtons are good too but...meh it doesn't matter I rather grind than use S ranks

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 13, 2007, 01:17 AM
On 2007-07-12 23:06, Allison_W wrote:
I would agree, at least for single claws, given that 1H melee weapon + madoog sounds about like the ideal WT pairing.

Then again, I also think they should get S-rank madoogs instead of S-rank wands.

except acrotecher is the class that will excel at one handed weapons and madoog.

acrofighter/acrotecher were designed for the exact purpose of pairing with shadoog/madoog, and therefore get exclusive S ranks in them. I think it makes perfect sense as is, and that wartecher does not need S rank claws. In fact looking at them, with S rank wands, I'd say they have very good weapon selection.
single dagger S/madoog A
twin dagger S
wand S/card A
bow A
spear A
then whatever else you want, maybe another single dagger/madoog, or wand/card
(at least that's what I'd do)

THE JACKEL

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jul 13, 2007, 01:20 AM
No, don't be silly

majan
Jul 13, 2007, 01:25 AM
the way I see it,the answer is yes because the wt's weapon choice sucks.only 2 s ranks?sounds like jippage to me,even if they will (allegedly) get s rank wands in the expansion.wartecher is by far the least played hybrid class and a good reason is probably due to horrible weapon choice(s rank terms anyway)

Allison_W
Jul 13, 2007, 01:26 AM
On 2007-07-12 23:17, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

On 2007-07-12 23:06, Allison_W wrote:

except acrotecher is the class that will excel at one handed weapons and madoog.

acrofighter/acrotecher were designed for the exact purpose of pairing with shadoog/madoog, and therefore get exclusive S ranks in them. I think it makes perfect sense as is, and that wartecher does not need S rank claws. In fact looking at them, with S rank wands, I'd say they have very good weapon selection.
single dagger S/madoog A
twin dagger S
wand S/card A
bow A
spear A
then whatever else you want, maybe another single dagger/madoog, or wand/card
(at least that's what I'd do)

THE JACKEL

Except AT is quite clearly more techer than melee fighter, and would generally be better off with wands. On the flip side, WTs tend to be better off with melee in most situations, and thus madoogs would make a better teching option for them.

Kent
Jul 13, 2007, 01:27 AM
Personally, I'm thinking that Wartecher shouldn't even have S-rank in Twin Daggers, but rather, just S-rank in the one-handed melee weapons, and then the upcoming Madoogs.

Being that the entire focus of the type is around mixing multiple combat types effectively... It really only makes sense.

Allison_W
Jul 13, 2007, 01:30 AM
On 2007-07-12 23:27, Kent wrote:
Personally, I'm thinking that Wartecher shouldn't even have S-rank in Twin Daggers, but rather, just S-rank in the one-handed melee weapons, and then the upcoming Madoogs.

Being that the entire focus of the type is around mixing multiple combat types effectively... It really only makes sense.

My logic exactly. I wouldn't mind trading the S-rank twin daggers for another S-rank single-handed weapon.

Mayu
Jul 13, 2007, 01:31 AM
They don't need them o.0

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Zorafim
Jul 13, 2007, 01:37 AM
Anyone else thnig that WTs should get S rank claws?

Thank you. I don't know why they got daggers, it's the worst possible choice for them. What part of "magician warrior" yells "Daggers"? I mean, maybe if it's a pitiful warrior, and can't use any other weapons due to lack of strength...

I think they should have traded their S rank wands for S rank Madoogs, and got an S rank in a stronger weapon style (since they don't really have the strength to make daggers great). Claws would be best, due to their high attack power, and the fact that it'd make it easier to make a Myao styled character.

Allison_W
Jul 13, 2007, 01:39 AM
On 2007-07-12 23:37, Zorafim wrote:

Thank you. I don't know why they got daggers, it's the worst possible choice for them. What part of "magician warrior" yells "Daggers"? I mean, maybe if it's a pitiful warrior, and can't use any other weapons due to lack of strength...

I think they should have traded their S rank wands for S rank Madoogs, and got an S rank in a stronger weapon style (since they don't really have the strength to make daggers great). Claws would be best, due to their high attack power, and the fact that it'd make it easier to make a Myao styled character.

Single daggers, they can make good use of. Twin daggers, not so much. Single-handed sabers and claws are better for them than twin anything.

Kimil
Jul 13, 2007, 01:40 AM
Claws are the only S-rank Exclusive weapons left for Fortefighters come AoI... and we really don't need them. Daggers work just fine.
Daggers:
Great ATA -> fixes our ATA problem
Great PP -> helps the lack of a melee PA save (FF)
Fast PAs -> makes our EVA useful and not a hassle

Also, daggers are a good all around weapon set because of the variance in their PAs.
1st Dagger: Raw Power
2nd Dagger: Crowd Control
1st Twin Dagger: Radius Attack
2nd Twin Dagger: Damage+flinching without knockback
3rd Twin Dagger: Raper of Big Baddies

I pick Daggers over Sabers and Claws, the later have low-end ATA and PP... the PP makes them last nowhere near the same as Daggers

Though, I think I'd rather have S rank Madoogs than Wands...

Maybe Sega shoulc give our class the option to get an extra S rank, that we chose? ( minus Claws, since they are FF exclusive S ranks)
S rank: Spear, Knucles, Saber, Twin Saber, Handgun, Card, Bow, Madoog, take your pick http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-07-12 23:41 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-07-12 23:43 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-07-12 23:46 ]</font>

Gryffin
Jul 13, 2007, 01:44 AM
Gib AT Twin and Single Claws. A rank.

>.>

Gib AF Twin Claws and Mechguns. A rank.

>.>

Kent
Jul 13, 2007, 01:52 AM
Single Dagger is actually a very powerful weapontype. While it does have lower ATP than Saber, it also gets that extra hit in the normal combo, leading to a nicely larger chunk of damage...

Although, sometimes having better solid hits can be good - thus Sabers.

I haven't used Claws online, but they're really pretty much the ultimate Hunter weapon offline. Whatsitcalled-twisty-claw-thing PA is overpoweredly-destructive offline - even on the final boss while using a Dark claw.

Though, Claws online seem to be following the same pattern - really powerful and fast, but you need quite a bit of ATP to equip them.

Of course, I still think Wartechers should get scythes as a hybrid two-handed (two target hitting) melee weapon and casting weapon - but that's not going to happen any time soon.

Zorafim
Jul 13, 2007, 01:55 AM
Actually, I've been noticing that daggers are rather slow compared to other weapon types. They have more hits in each combo, but their combos go on forever.

Kimil
Jul 13, 2007, 02:02 AM
On 2007-07-12 23:55, Zorafim wrote:
Actually, I've been noticing that daggers are rather slow compared to other weapon types. They have more hits in each combo, but their combos go on forever.

Maybe Buten and Yo yo Daggers, but the others? nawwt really...

Lamak
Jul 13, 2007, 02:13 AM
Gib ult dagger PA. (AoE Blast) Gib GRM A rank daggers.

Soukosa
Jul 13, 2007, 04:49 AM
On 2007-07-12 23:27, Kent wrote:

Why not play an AT then?

They are? They've always seemed more like a hunter with some decent offensive tech abilities. Most techs that WTs uses wouldn't even work well with madoogs.

On 2007-07-12 23:37, Zorafim wrote:

What part of a "magican warrior" *gag* yells "claws"? Daggers seem alot more fitting.

That's why they don't get S grade claws, they're a strong weapon and the class being like a wild card class would become broken with the weapon at such a strong grade. For madoogs, read above.

On 2007-07-12 23:44, Gryffin wrote:
Gib AT Twin and Single Claws. A rank.

>.>

Gib AF Twin Claws and Mechguns. A rank.

>.>

Yes.
>.>
Let's completely ignore what the classes were designed for.
>.>

Alisha
Jul 13, 2007, 04:56 AM
*facepalm* realistically WT shouldnt have any S-rank wepons. S-ranks are for the elite.