PDA

View Full Version : Challenge: what's w/ the character card things in challenge

zentetsua
Jul 13, 2007, 11:32 PM
I play offline challenge mode a little and during my venture i find these card things w/ character names above them, what are they and what do they do?

JapansRobo
Jul 14, 2007, 02:23 AM
Do you mean the big blue things?

When you approach them the name of someone from your team pops up. I think that it shows where someone last died and made you lose challenge mode

Splash
Jul 14, 2007, 02:34 AM
Yes, but since offline Challenge mode has such small screens, it only has the name on them.

In online Challenge mode, it had the name, the team name, the last quote the person said, and the time/date they died.

zentetsua
Jul 14, 2007, 02:44 AM
that's strange i just remembered this last time i found items near it and nobody droped them any clues as of what's up w/ this?

kevlar_pso
Jul 14, 2007, 05:04 AM
That is what is commonly referred to as a grave. Players who know what purpose the graves serve will have the entire team die next to the door of the first room. This way you have a good chance of those graves dispersing fluids for your force. It is always a pleasure to find difluids and trifluids in the latter stages as this will help your force deal more damage/heal more/support the team more.

Splash
Jul 14, 2007, 11:56 AM
These "graves" hold random items in random amounts. It doesn't necessary have to be Monofluids/Difluids. It could be Monomates/Dimates. It could have 1 or even 4. It could even not drop anything at all.

Oh yeah, and Trifluids don't drop in Challenge mode. Neither Trimates.

zentetsua
Jul 14, 2007, 05:41 PM
thx everyone this has been a huge help for new sratagies i'm thinking of. my grave is in the boss room...yay. still if anyone has any more info plz post it (I admit that i'm a noob @ challenge mode).

another ?: do you get a new grave per c-mode stage or does it switch 2 the new location in the diff lvl/stage?

Grifter
Jul 16, 2007, 09:31 AM
On 2007-07-14 09:56, Splash wrote:
Oh yeah, and Trifluids don't drop in Challenge mode. Neither Trimates.That's not true actually. In PSOBB, I've seen both drop a few times in my C-Mode Time Attack runs in the past. I don't know about PSOGC though.

kevlar_pso
Jul 16, 2007, 02:33 PM
On 2007-07-14 09:56, Splash wrote:
These "graves" hold random items in random amounts. It doesn't necessary have to be Monofluids/Difluids. It could be Monomates/Dimates. It could have 1 or even 4. It could even not drop anything at all.

Oh yeah, and Trifluids don't drop in Challenge mode. Neither Trimates.

Yes they do. Did you get that off a faq or something? I have died over 150 times on one of my characters and have seen trimates and trifluids many times. I pay for Xbox Live just to play Challenge Mode.

zentetsua
Jul 16, 2007, 05:04 PM
my brother (user shadic) confirms he got a trimate once on a run in c-mode, just ask him. still if any info plz post it.

kevlar_pso
Jul 19, 2007, 04:42 AM
I played some challenge mode today and we had trimates sprout from a grave. Boss areas can be a good place for graves, but I preferr to place them a few steps or so inside the door of the first room.

Whenever you complete a stage your grave will not be there if you attempt to play that same stage again. Also, if you opt to try a different stage it will be on that stage and will not be on the prior stage. Keep us updated on your C mode progress.

zentetsua
Jul 19, 2007, 02:27 PM
thx i haven't had any1 to play c-mode offline so still stage 2.
I will b editing my post when something happens.

Splash
Jul 19, 2007, 09:10 PM
On 2007-07-16 12:33, kevlar_pso wrote:
Yes they do. Did you get that off a faq or something? I have died over 150 times on one of my characters and have seen trimates and trifluids many times. I pay for Xbox Live just to play Challenge Mode.

Meh. I'm on GC, not X-box.

kevlar_pso
Jul 23, 2007, 03:42 AM
I have just recently spurred a co-worker to play PSO. He only has a GCN though, so I lent him my copy. We will be doing some Challenge mode in about a weeks time or so. I will post when we see some trimates/trifluids.

Oh yea, I almost forgot, the next day after I posted your quote on 07/17/2007 my birthday no less, we got some trifluids from a grave on C2. We lost though since our force was not using their voice chat and was a complete moron. . . .

zentetsua
Jul 23, 2007, 05:02 PM
ok good luck and "rappy" hunting XD kevlar_pso and friend! let us know what goes on after words.