PDA

View Full Version : DC: problem similar to a reset - HELP

DC_PLAYER
Jul 15, 2007, 07:04 AM
well it stops working during gameplay, it is not a reset, the dreamcast simply stops spining the game disk and my television got a "no signal".

imagine a dreamcast working, no matter if theres a game disk or not, then it stops, the dreamcast is still on, my controler and vmu also work but the console stops receiving information and stops sending information to the television.
it is very unstable, it can happen at anytime, it looks like the dreamcast gets tired and after a while starts runing again.

when the dreamcast is not responding if i lift the lid up and down, it will not read the game, but if i give a small bumb on the console, a really tiny bump, it starts again.

the only solution i have found for this problem is slaping the dreamcast so it stay UP.

no bad connections, everything in place......i simply do not get it.

what's the problem, where is it, how can i fix it?

Dragwind
Jul 15, 2007, 04:18 PM
I used to have this problem. I turned my DC on its side, or upside down and I'd usually be good. *shrugs*

DC_PLAYER
Jul 15, 2007, 04:56 PM
yes, sometimes mine can handle 30 minutes or so, but i am so afraid of it hapening that after doing a zone, i quit and save game.........