PDA

View Full Version : A few learned things >.>

DurakkenX
Jul 16, 2007, 06:29 PM
So i decided to run a solo run of Plains Overlord S-rank amd I decided not to care about deaths at all so I brought my PM and Lou...

I got to De Ragan...and my PM cast rentis on me so I decided to test it out with De Ragan...

#1 Firebreath is not a technic according to rentis
#2 However the giant fireball De Ragan shoots in the air is considered a technic according to it being blocked by rentis.

Ok so after that I was expecting a really low ranking after my PM and Lou had died at least 10 times during the De Ragan fight...but guess what...

#3 NPC deaths, whether you revive them or not, do not play into the ranking any more AT ALL.

I don't know what of this is known...but it's nice to know.

pikachief
Jul 16, 2007, 06:31 PM
On 2007-07-16 16:29, DurakkenX wrote:

#3 NPC deaths, whether you revive them or not, do not play into the ranking any more AT ALL.

I don't know what of this is known...but it's nice to know.

omg now i can solo dulk fakis with only 1 set of scapes and get an S! instead of 2 sets http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

well at least when the 360 gets it -_-

Tekershee
Jul 16, 2007, 06:43 PM
We knew about the NPC deaths thing for a while now ;o

Inazuma
Jul 16, 2007, 06:55 PM
i think the way those barrier techs work is, they can absorb a certain amount of damage, but if it goes over, you recieve the extra damage.

for example, you have a lv 21 barrier casted on your char. you get hit by an attack that would normally deal 400 damage. the barrier piece can only absorb 300 HP of damage, so you would receive the other 100 damage. lv 31 barriers will prob absorb up to 400 HP of damage, im guessing.

DurakkenX
Jul 16, 2007, 06:59 PM
no... They do not "absorb" damage...They "nullify" as far as I have seen and as far as the description I have seen.

As far as the NPC being known I must say that it was known that NPC death wasn't solidified in how it was effected, whether you had to still revive them or you could just let them revive themselves...this just confirms you do not need to care about them at all.

Inazuma
Jul 16, 2007, 07:06 PM
On 2007-07-16 16:59, DurakkenX wrote:
no... They do not "absorb" damage...They "nullify" as far as I have seen and as far as the description I have seen.

have you been hit by an attack that would have normally done over 300 HP worth of damage, while having a barrier activated? for me, it happened in the rafon relics S2. i had rentis on, and a svaltus's foie hit me. a piece of the barrier disappeared, and i only took a little damage from it.

it makes sense to do it that way, otherwise the barriers would be way overpowered.

DurakkenX
Jul 16, 2007, 07:10 PM
I get hit like that all the time and never get "residual" damage. Svaltus hits multiple times with various things all at once so that may be why you have gotten hit.

Inazuma
Jul 16, 2007, 07:43 PM
i hope ST gives us our barriers rite when AOI comes out. this wait has been painful for me

Deus-Irae
Jul 16, 2007, 07:55 PM
On 2007-07-16 16:59, DurakkenX wrote:

As far as the NPC being known I must say that it was known that NPC death wasn't solidified in how it was effected, whether you had to still revive them or you could just let them revive themselves...this just confirms you do not need to care about them at all.

yup. we've know about this for awhile now.