PDA

View Full Version : Elfen Lied ( Spoilers)

Kimil
Jul 17, 2007, 03:39 PM
I just finished Watching the whole Series on Youtube, And one thing is disturbing me.... Th last scene where Kouta goes to aswer the Door where A dark looking female Figure is standing (you can only see the Siloet) And the music Box stops while the Grandfather Clock starts.

Now, some people just simply think the Its Lucy/Nyuu on the other side of the door, and I'd love to believe this too... But Someone mentioned that Lucy's Song stopping and Nyuu's Clock starting may mean That Lucy is dead, but not Nyuu... This doesn't seem to make sense though...

I thought of this a different way... Stop me if this makes less sense lol.

It seemed to me that Nyuu was becoming less of a seperate personality in Lucy's head; they were merging back into one person. Near the last episode, Nyuu seems to be remembering Lucy's Memories is one example, another is how on the bridge nyuu turns into Lucy without a severe crack to the head ( as it use to require ) but on command to save Kouta from the soldiers. And a last one was how the romantic moment between Kouta and Lucy on the stairs didn't change lucy back into Nyuu (warmth and affection use to turn Lucy back into Nyuu, like when the soldier touched her hand for a second back at the start of the series, Lucy bacame Nyuu again). So what I think is that Lucy didn't die while Nyuu lived on, but they both joined again as the same person.

Some say that the song Lilium ending and the clock starting up are a sign that Lucy Died and Nyuu lived on. The song Lilium was represented the (sometimes dark) past between Lucy and Kouta while the clock represented Nyuu (Goodness). I think that the change between the sounds of Music Box and the clock are a change from always thinking of Lucy's dark past to what good Lucy could be seen as with Kouta (as she shown when she was Nyuu). I think that Lucy became more like Nyuu ( or Nyuu became a part of Lucy again, and not a seperate personality anymore ) and thats what the perpose of ths switch was.

If anything I would like to think of things this way, Because I think it to be a happier Ending.

/babbling

Kimil
Jul 17, 2007, 03:46 PM
Here is the last part of the last episode if you wanna see what I mean (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M7omrMVgMA)

Sinue_v2
Jul 17, 2007, 04:00 PM
I think that, rather than trying to look for the hidden meaning behind the anime's ending - you should probably read the manga and get the whole story. The anime's ending is only that way to leave open the possibility of a sequel series had it been popular enough.

Warning though - the artwork in the Elfen Lied Manga sucks.

Kimil
Jul 17, 2007, 04:03 PM
I know that in the Manga Lucy Dies right? = /
Meh Mangas and Anime always have far to many differences for me to consider them the same story. (Love Hina, Negima, Evagelion yatta yatta )The music box doesnt even exist in the Manga right?

And I'm sure there was more meaning in the last tscene rather than to just leave it ope for a sequal -.-

And it wasn't Popular in Japan? o.o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-07-17 14:04 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-07-17 14:04 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Jul 17, 2007, 04:11 PM
Yeah, and it's pretty clear that she does die in the Manga. Her arms envelop the earth, and she dissolves into a puddle of goo. Although, I think, Lucy/Nyuu lives on in part in Kouta and Yuka's twin girls. It's been awhile since I read the manga, and I only read bits and pieces of it.

I dunno if it was explicit intent for a sequel that left the ending open, maybe those kinda unknowing "you decide the endings" scenarios are popular in Japan. The Hellsing anime ended similarly. I don't think either of those animes were popular enough in Japan to warrant sequels. (Tho Hellsing did get the OVA treatment, which is pretty much on-par with the Manga)

Oh, and by the way - there's another episode out there that YouTube is probably missing. (How YouTube is allowing it to stay up is beyond me, since it's against their copyright infringement policy) It was created after the series was finished, but is more of an episode 10 1/2.. it fills in Lucy's past a bit, and explains how Nana comes to terms with Lucy/Nyuu.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-07-17 14:16 ]</font>

chaos89
Jul 17, 2007, 11:28 PM
yea im confused bout that also :/

great show though

Kimil
Jul 18, 2007, 04:00 AM
Well its been about 2 years now right? you think they'll ever make a sequal? -.-

Sinue_v2
Jul 18, 2007, 05:44 PM
I wouldn't count on it. If there was going to be a sequel, you'd have heard something about it by now. As it is now, the Manga is finished and interest in the series isn't very high.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-07-18 15:53 ]</font>