PDA

View Full Version : PC problem

Weeaboolits
Jul 17, 2007, 07:48 PM
I was playing Touho: Perfect Cherry Blossom, and decided to change my screen resolution, so that I could dodge bullets more easily, but when I did the game stopped running properly and it locks up whenever I try to run it, the other Touho games won't run either.

I tried reinstalling and even used yesterday's restore point, but it still won't work, anyone know what the problem might be?

VioletSkye
Jul 17, 2007, 08:05 PM
there may be a config file for the game (which would most likely be in the games main directory) that you can edit and change the resolution back. Sometimes even when you uninstall something it keeps the folder and some files instead of deleting them. And sometimes the file/s it keeps are config files that store your last settings/saves.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2007-07-17 18:07 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Jul 17, 2007, 08:07 PM
I actually changed the monitor's resolution, not the in-game settings.

Also, there wasn't an install for this game, you just extract the folder and run it. I overwrote all the files in the folder by re-extracting the archive.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2007-07-17 18:10 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Jul 17, 2007, 08:26 PM
Is the color quality setting changed back also??

Weeaboolits
Jul 17, 2007, 08:32 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I changed the color to 16 bit and it works now, oddly, I had it set to 24 when I first played, I believe.

...I feel stupid. ._.

But I'm happy it worked, thanks.