PDA

View Full Version : Armor Upgrade for a Human FighGunner

Zexmaix
Jul 18, 2007, 08:42 AM
Hey everyone, I'm looking to upgrade my armor that I'm currently using (Te-Senba). Any suggestions are welcome, and figure into your suggestions that I can use any armor currently available. I would prefer slots, arm and body slots are preferred over head and extra. As the title says, I'm a Human FighGunner, so I have a pretty decent EVP boost through stats and not too weak of a MST/TP for mental defense.

So either looking to capitalize on not getting hit, IE raising my EVP even more, or taking less overall damage by raising my DFP. I'd prefer not having an element on the armor, but a low percentage wouldn't be too bad. Also, please only suggest armors that are reasonably available, such as not costing in the couple millions or being ridiculously hard to obtain.

I'm assuming I could probably afford something in the 7-8 star range. I've heard suggestions of Sori Senba or Hardline, but anyone have any other opinions? Thanks

drizzle
Jul 18, 2007, 09:03 AM
Slots and element are the only important stats on an armor. Without an element you might as well be naked.

panzer_unit
Jul 18, 2007, 09:13 AM
Where are you hunting most? Get the best shop armors you can with that element.
Neudaiz = Sori Senba + Hardline
Parum = Hardline + Teroline
Moatoob = Rabol Solid* (fire and ice balance out :/ )
Clyez = Rabol Hard*

* hoping I remembered these right

-dis-
Jul 18, 2007, 09:48 AM
Rabol Tero is the dark NPC Tenora armor. 21%, I think.

Zexmaix
Jul 18, 2007, 10:29 AM
Are elemental armors really that effective? Because I've heard conflicting stories. On one end I've heard it's very effective against the type of monsters it's built for and then on the opposite end I've heard it's a very little difference for how much the element protects and that it's a larger risk against the monsters that are opposite of that type.

And this is coming from some experienced players as well, several level 80s, etc. So it's not just some random lobby squater speaking his mind, but some well traveled friends and players. Any other opinions?

panzer_unit
Jul 18, 2007, 10:39 AM
... that's why you get the highest-rank elemental armors you can. I'd rather have a low-percent 9* than a high-percent 4*. Even if the 4* reduces damage more in its element.

drizzle
Jul 18, 2007, 12:16 PM
The difference between a 4* Zeetline and a 9* Crimsonline, for example, is 18 damage per hit.
I take very little damage in LL S2 missions with my 44% Dark Megaline. The only reason I wear A rank armor, is because I have A rank units http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif ...as long as you don't need A rank unit slots, there's no reason to spend so much on A rank armor.
Go ahead and test it; the DFP boost on an armor does almost nothing.

panzer_unit
Jul 18, 2007, 12:32 PM
... MST and especially EVP do a hell of a lot. High rank armors have tons of that.

Kion
Jul 18, 2007, 01:36 PM
If you're a fighgunner the best armor for your stats is definately robal gant. It has insanely high def and eva so it ill keep you from getting knocked around. Also as a fighgunner be sure to take advantage of everything available to you at it will keep you from takign damage as well,level bullets,use traps and the ultimate PA's for mechgun and twin handguns are definately worth picking up.

As for elements on armor, they do help alot, but it depends on how you use it. For each area try to think of the enemies that give you the most trouble and wear that element.
For example neudaiz, there's fire and ice enemies so wearing ice or fire armor, you're going to take additional damage from the other element. But goshins are no-where near as dangerous as the barta spamming gohmons so go with ice armor in that situation.
So pick the element of the enemies that give you the most trouble, and other enemies that you can avoid. In terms of physical attacks, your best friend on armor is def and eva. As you may block the attack entirely, or at least take less damage from it as you would with a lower ranking armor. If you have that enemies element, then you'll be taking even less damage, so that's an added bonus.

Phetty
Jul 18, 2007, 03:26 PM
Trying getting yourself some Crimson Lines. As a Fighgunner youll benefit from the Set bonus when you can get the 10* Saber called the Crimson.

Sekani
Jul 18, 2007, 06:42 PM
On 2007-07-18 10:16, drizzle wrote:
The difference between a 4* Zeetline and a 9* Crimsonline, for example, is 18 damage per hit.
I take very little damage in LL S2 missions with my 44% Dark Megaline. The only reason I wear A rank armor, is because I have A rank units http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif ...as long as you don't need A rank unit slots, there's no reason to spend so much on A rank armor.
Go ahead and test it; the DFP boost on an armor does almost nothing.

Listen to this person. You'd need a boost of a few hundred points before you'd notice a difference when dealing with DFP, EVP, or MST. First priority slots, second priority elemental percentage. Worry about stats after that if you're still interested.