PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone at Nintendo or Sega working on the PPPoE d/c prob

Coran_Horn
Dec 21, 2002, 07:48 PM
For those of you that don't know, the GC apparent;y seems to hate Broadband ISPs that use PPPoE connection protocol. My problem with it is so bad I can't play online for more than 15 minutes without getting disconnected. This wouldn't be so bad, but it doesn't let me save when this happens, so I'm forced to carry only the weapon I have equipped and I lose all my money and items whenever it happens. I've been told that using a router to change the protocol works, but I don't have the money to buy a decent router. I know someone mentioned that Nintendo apparently doesn't know what's causing the problem, but are they bothering to figure it out?

As a result of these problems, I'm only lvl 52 and it pisses me off that I can't play online with a reliable connection.

_cAbLe_
Dec 21, 2002, 08:05 PM
My PPPoE connection works fine with PSO...

Barubary6
Dec 21, 2002, 08:11 PM
The only way, barring a major turnaround and Sonic Team asking me for help, would be for Sega/Nintendo to release fixed copies of the game. They glitched their patch mechanism.

-- Barubary

diospadre
Dec 21, 2002, 09:36 PM
are they too dumb to realize it?

sonicblue
Dec 21, 2002, 10:00 PM
You can call Sega, tell them your trouble and send them your disc. They'll promptly test it out and send you back a new disc that works with PPPoE.

RuiN
Dec 21, 2002, 11:22 PM
Or you can take charge of the problem by going out and buying yourself a router. Thats what I did.

shinokou
Dec 21, 2002, 11:45 PM
On 2002-12-21 19:00, sonicblue wrote:
You can call Sega, tell them your trouble and send them your disc. They'll promptly test it out and send you back a new disc that works with PPPoE.

I wish, I wish, I wish....

I have a PPPoE connection. I'm afraid to get online, now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif (I get my BBA for christmas)

CajunSamurai
Dec 22, 2002, 01:54 AM
the GC apparent;y seems to hate Broadband ISPs that use PPPoE connection protocol.Is it a hardware thing, or some kind of flaw in Sonic Team's network code? I'm guessing it's not the GCN itself, but it's not like we have any other online GCN games to experiment with, anyhow. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
I'm just curious.

Coran_Horn
Dec 22, 2002, 03:09 AM
On 2002-12-21 20:22, RuiN wrote:
Or you can take charge of the problem by going out and buying yourself a router. Thats what I did.

I don't have the cash to buy a router.

And I'm sure it's not the GC, but since I don't know whose fault it is I'll blame the system. sonicblue, have you actually done this? But if I get a new disk, doesn't that mean I have to start over?

Tavia
Dec 22, 2002, 11:03 AM
On 2002-12-22 00:09, Coran_Horn wrote:
I don't have the cash to buy a router.

I know you have just said that you do not have the funds to buy a router, but even for someone who is restricted when it comes to money, you can easily find one for a reasonable price... that's partially why I update this thread:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=34819&forum=3&6

I shopped around and eventually snagged one for a more than reasonable amount.

A router will not only benefit your PSO connection. You will enjoy significantly improved connections on all of your networked computers. If you have more than one computer in the home, and they're networked, try having the other users pitch in. Tell them that they will enjoy faster and more efficient internet connections, and will not have to connect each time. The router does it all for you, keeping your connection reliably constant and fast.

Furthermore, you will have better security. A good router serves as an excellent firewall with little configuration.

Even if this PSO problem is fixed someday, you may want to seriously consider the router investment, because from it, you will gain a lot more than good PSO gaming.

Maverynthia
Dec 22, 2002, 12:46 PM
I thought the reason for version 1.1JP was to fix the PPPoE problem inherent in the game?